Deadmau5 collapses on stage!

Why wouldn’t he have enough time to sleep?  Long flights, stays at hotels.  Works a few hours a night, production time maybe. Add in walking to and from transportation I’m guessing he has at least 12 hours a day to sleep.  Sleep deprivation out the window.  Yes Marines are every day people, they don’t have a special military school they pull us from, we voluntereed, all shapes and forms.  We had 5’1" 145 pound guys that kept up with the rest of us.  The Marine Corps wants the public to believe we are all big and bad, it’s an image.  Truth of the matter is…what makes Marines Marines isn’t physique, it’s a mental toughness, reagrdless of body type.  Anyways, people passed out from being exhausted during the Batann death march.  Marathon runners pass out from being exhausted.  Passing out from being exhausted because you stand in one place for 2 hours and traveling?  I guess.  Those Amazing Race people travel, run around, solve puzzles/trivia.  Alright.  I’m done.

[quote]howiegroove (05/08/2010)[hr]I was talking to a friend that travels a ton and he was talking that he believes in “sleep debt”. I guess its where you can stay up for however long you need to, but you need to repay your body the sleep it needs. Interesting theory though. Im sure your body needs to be somewhat trained for it.[/quote]

You’re correct dude! A recent health and fitness magazine I just read last week goes in depth about ‘sleep debt’ and sleep.

I just tried to find the bloody thing but think i may have thrown it out haha, typical. Was really interesting read about it, but basically all in all, it says 7-8 hours sleep, no more or less is what the brain needs a night, if you have less then you make up for it either by day naps, or via the weekend.

[quote]roben (05/08/2010)[hr][quote]howiegroove (05/08/2010)[hr]I was talking to a friend that travels a ton and he was talking that he believes in “sleep debt”. I guess its where you can stay up for however long you need to, but you need to repay your body the sleep it needs. Interesting theory though. Im sure your body needs to be somewhat trained for it.[/quote]

You’re correct dude! A recent health and fitness magazine I just read last week goes in depth about ‘sleep debt’ and sleep.

I just tried to find the bloody thing but think i may have thrown it out haha, typical. Was really interesting read about it, but basically all in all, it says 7-8 hours sleep, no more or less is what the brain needs a night, if you have less then you make up for it either by day naps, or via the weekend.[/quote]

For some reason, my body doesnt work that way. For instance, if I sleep for 4 hours and I wake up to start my day, Ill be a zombie after a couple hours. i just cant function. Also, if I sleep too much, i feel sluggish. I always try to get 7.5 hours of sleep each night.

[quote]howiegroove (05/08/2010)[hr][quote]roben (05/08/2010)[hr][quote]howiegroove (05/08/2010)[hr]I was talking to a friend that travels a ton and he was talking that he believes in “sleep debt”. I guess its where you can stay up for however long you need to, but you need to repay your body the sleep it needs. Interesting theory though. Im sure your body needs to be somewhat trained for it.[/quote]

I just tried to find the bloody thing but think i may have thrown it out haha, typical. Was really interesting read about it, but basically all in all, it says 7-8 hours sleep, no more or less is what the brain needs a night, if you have less then you make up for it either by day naps, or via the weekend.[/quote]

For some reason, my body doesnt work that way. For instance, if I sleep for 4 hours and I wake up to start my day, Ill be a zombie after a couple hours. i just cant function. Also, if I sleep too much, i feel sluggish. I always try to get 7.5 hours of sleep each night.[/quote]

Yeah to be honest i’m exactly the same. However our old prime minister Maggie Thatcher was well famed for only having 3 hours sleep a night, in fact Gordon Brown was also famed for having such little sleep.

Don’t honestly know how our cabnet do / did it. Can’t be good when we need them to be on ball with their decision making.

My girlfriend gets around 4/5 hours sleep a night but by weekend you can’t wake her up lol, that’s her ‘sleep debt’ working i think.

[quote]roben (05/08/2010)[hr][quote]howiegroove (05/08/2010)[hr][quote]roben (05/08/2010)[hr][quote]howiegroove (05/08/2010)[hr]I was talking to a friend that travels a ton and he was talking that he believes in “sleep debt”. I guess its where you can stay up for however long you need to, but you need to repay your body the sleep it needs. Interesting theory though. Im sure your body needs to be somewhat trained for it.[/quote]

For some reason, my body doesnt work that way. For instance, if I sleep for 4 hours and I wake up to start my day, Ill be a zombie after a couple hours. i just cant function. Also, if I sleep too much, i feel sluggish. I always try to get 7.5 hours of sleep each night.[/quote]

Yeah to be honest i’m exactly the same. However our old prime minister Maggie Thatcher was well famed for only having 3 hours sleep a night, in fact Gordon Brown was also famed for having such little sleep.

Don’t honestly know how our cabnet do / did it. Can’t be good when we need them to be on ball with their decision making.

My girlfriend gets around 4/5 hours sleep a night but by weekend you can’t wake her up lol, that’s her ‘sleep debt’ working i think.[/quote]

fine examples of very happy people :stuck_out_tongue:

prime ministers I mean :slight_smile:

[quote]ICN (05/08/2010)[hr][quote]bobby lupo (04/08/2010)[hr]i thought maybe he passed out from the same thing lil kim and Rod Stewart did back in the day;)[/quote]

Bad hair? :wink: :D[/quote]

stomach :blink: