Don't give up the day job!

What does everyone do for cash to fund their passion of music making? What is everyone forced to do during the day when all they really wanna do is get back in that studio!?

How many of you have ableton installed on your work’s computer? How many of you give blank expressions when suddenly asked a question by the boss because your mind is fully immersed in the latest 8 bar killer loop that you’ve created?

I can’t be the only one who holds on to the dream that the winning lottery numbers will be on the ticket I purchase so I can buy an instant erection worthy studio that will allow me to spend the rest of my days producing to earn a living.

Rant over – where’s my timesheet? :crying:

Nope you’re not i have a dream of winning the lotto and building a house with not only a Studio but also a huge pool and club style room for private parties.

i would also pay for the producers that i really rate to come and live with me for a few months to teach me some tricks in the studio.

when I’m at work its a no brainer job so i get time to think about things, my job in many ways in the worst job I’ve ever had but at the same time the best job too.

Sorry guys but I am going to win the lottery and spend it all on crack :slight_smile:

Know what you mean Jon. Would love to have a no brainer job so I can focus my brain on music during the day, then jump onto it when I get home with fresh ideas. My brain is in a constant tug of war between boring design during the day and awesome music in the night! I think I’m gonna end up being a dribbling mess rocking back and forth in psycho ward eating spiders and drawing sad faces on the wall in my own (or someone else’s) excrement!

Good to you got your priorities straight Slend! Who needs a studio when you have an abundance of crack! :cool:

[quote]gavisthename (03/11/2010)[hr] a dribbling mess rocking back and forth in psycho ward eating spiders and drawing sad faces on the wall in my own (or someone else’s) excrement!

[/quote]

to be fair that sounds really appealing way to spend my later years :slight_smile:

I have the added annoyance that I work one day from home so I have to seperate my flat into a day job workstation and a music prod workstation - but to be honest I like my day job so much I doubt I would give it up even if i did win the lottery - LOL well I bet everybody says that

to be fair that sounds really appealing way to spend my later years :)
[/quote]

I can see my later years being in a home with a massive debilitating hunch back, feeling nurses up and croaking ... "I once had a release on beatport, sponge bath me bitch" :P

I’m a student again… so its timely that I curtailed my spending habits when I did. LOL

It was a natural thing. I really want to use what I got & not just spend £££’s on sh!t that I dont use.

Not spending much recently. Not on software anyway.

Have bought sensible things like extra Ram, extra screen, Nocturn, Proper Workstation Desk and a couple of other things like that. Stuff like that is what I’m gonna be buying for a while to come.

No more software… well no big spends, nothing more than 30 quid on a interesting little fx plug or something.

Really want to get a synth at some stage in the future… No rush.

Anyway… I’ve picked up loads of stuff for next to nothing on the Net - 2nd Hand. Perfect condition… but just lucky to get a bargain. I’ll usually get rid of something that I have & that usually funds the next thing.

I’m a lot less wasteful these days. Gots to be real :smiley:

What you studying dude? Is it music related or is it something completely unrelated and more likely to bring money in like horse dentistry? :slight_smile:

Social Care Field. Money should be ok - if there are Jobs! LOL :hehe:

Just wanted a change of scene tbh… Spent many years being “The Boss”.

This will sound cheesy no matter how I say it: But I wanted to work for people, rather than use people in order to work. We’ll see how it goes :slight_smile:

[quote]Jon_fisher (03/11/2010)[hr]Nope you’re not i have a dream of winning the lotto and building a house with not only a Studio but also a huge pool and club style room for private parties.

i would also pay for the producers that i really rate to come and live with me for a few months to teach me some tricks in the studio.

.[/quote]

Thats my dream right there!!!

Day job? What day job? lol.

I’m a student at the moment and doing voluntary work in media, fun times but broke as hell :frowning:

Roben we know your hours of work are late at night in the red light district of Brighton :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s hard work but someone has to do it!

Money aint too bad either! :wink:

Oh, you charge? I thought it was just Voluntary.

Prozzie.

[quote]ICN (03/11/2010)[hr]Oh, you charge? I thought it was just Voluntary.

Prozzie.[/quote]

How else is he gonna get that diamond jock strap

[quote]slender (03/11/2010)[hr][quote]ICN (03/11/2010)[hr]Oh, you charge? I thought it was just Voluntary.

Prozzie.[/quote]

How else is he gonna get that diamond jock strap[/quote]

YKTS

LOL

No Rob!! Thats not what we mean when we’re talking about Plug ins!! :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]slender (03/11/2010)[hr]Roben we know your hours of work are late at night in the red light district of Brighton :P[/quote]

Hey don’t have a go at Roben for working late at night, if it wasn’t for guys like him Id have no-one to use and to dispose of in a dustbin on a Saturday!:smiley:

haha!

gav’s my number 1 client :smiley: