Fruity Loops

Has anyone else played with Fruity Loops?

I’m pretty happy with Ableton right now, but then I saw this clip from ASOT 500 where Armin Van Buuren is really into the massive sound Arty gets out of Fruity Loops (see around 40 second mark).

so glad you posted that!! it goes to show you that which DAW you use means nothing!! it’s what you can do with it that counts!! :slight_smile:

arty looks like he’s 12 years old. check his ID!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, I thought that was the best part of the interview…it’s all about the musical ideas you have more than whatever tool you use. The tool should help you, but not be the whole focus.

I am curious about the “massive” sound they talk about in the track Rebound he made with Mat Zo…to me the massive part is the opening bass. Would love to see a tech tip on how to do a thick modulated bass in Live (hint, hint Phil) :wink:

I agree with both of you. You should make music in whatever you have the most fun doing so.

seriously what is so good about this track? It nearly put me to sleep, i really dont understand what these big labels are looking for these days…

lots of people use fruity loops. Porter Robinson is the man. Kid’s like 18 pumpin out electro bangers.

this track was made in fruity loops…

if your good at making music. It doesnt matter what you use.

thats defo a good track and the bass is ace, I made a bass just like it with strobe layered with sylenth, tbk3 compressor, and the tbk bit crush thing + a couple of other fx. its pretty easy to make.

Jan thats a good tune mate, not hard enough for you I guess?

I use FL Studio for working our musical parts and making a rough mix for creative purposes. Once I am happy with the basic ideas I move to Ableton for the final mix.

I find Ableton really difficult to work out musical parts and the FL Studio ghost notes and chords facility is really helpful,  but the sound is much tighter in Ableton

thats considerd a good track???

Seriously?

Are the majority of people deaf?

just you mate :stuck_out_tongue:

no seriously i mean lets take a track of recent times that is good, like the Sean Tyas remix of Gareth Emerys Sanctuary. This track has flow, it builds and it drops and it just kicks ***. This track by arty and mat zo doesnt have a structure, theres no flow and tbh it sounds weak. Theres nothing that lifts you up or brings you down, just sudden transitions into the different parts, id go as far as saying that this is one of the worst releases ive heard on anjuna.

I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again… it doesn’t matter what DAW you use, they’re all tools that can still get you the end product, they’re like a car, some people choose Ford, others choose Honda, hey some are even happy with a Toyota Prius… they ALL get you from A to B.

[quote]jjdejong0 (19/04/2011)[hr]thats considerd a good track???

Seriously?

Are the majority of people deaf?[/quote]

lol beatport top 10 dude. you really need to get your head out of the trance sand.

i love trance just as much as anybody… i grew up on it man. just like you.

you can have music that’s not tech trance that is extremely complex.

electro like that is NOT easy to make. In fact i find it harder to do then trance.

I’d like to see you try and give it a shot, before you start knocking other genres.

this was another smash hit from porter that was beatport top 10. fruity loops again.

no offense Unitedvision but wtf are you on? Im not knocking any genre plus this is a TRANCE release on one of the biggest labels in TRANCE. Also if its a beatport top ten does that make it good? Basshunters now your gone got to number 1 in the mainstream charts, would you say thats good?

Who needs to get their head out of the sand period? Im not knockming electro i just rly dont get what makes this track any good? It does absolutely positively nothing for me. Period. Just to be clear i am and hav only been talking about the arty and mat zo track, not porter robinson… try to keep up…

[quote]jjdejong0 (19/04/2011)[hr]no offense Unitedvision but wtf are you on? Im not knocking any genre plus this is a TRANCE release on one of the biggest labels in TRANCE. Also if its a beatport top ten does that make it good? Basshunters now your gone got to number 1 in the mainstream charts, would you say thats good?

Who needs to get their head out of the sand period? Im not knockming electro i just rly dont get what makes this track any good? It does absolutely positively nothing for me. Period. Just to be clear i am and hav only been talking about the arty and mat zo track, not porter robinson… try to keep up…[/quote]

lol. yah i thought u were talkin bout the track i posted before!

what makes the track good is the sheer ammount of sounds & groove to it.

it rocks the hell out of a nightclub. I’ve seen it. People go crazy for it.

i thought it was weird you were knockin it! makes sense now! so my fault!

A real man admits when he’s wrong :wink:

No worries mate lol I listend to the track you posted and even though its not my thing its better than the arty track lol…

I like the intro to the arty track, nice percussion going on, a cool chopped vocal, the bass line kicks it in clubs during the intro and is really the peak of the tune. As for the main tune, not so much, but then its a tune for the early hours of the night to get you going, well for me anyway, as all progressive trance it. But overall its a good production when u listen to everything thats going on.

Jan your not really into progressive trance mate so wouldnt expect you to like it.

The Sean Tyas rmx your mentioned it good but the best work Tyas has done this year imo in Banshee dont you think?

Lol Banshee is ***** MINT!

[quote]lattetown (19/04/2011)[hr]Yeah, I thought that was the best part of the interview…it’s all about the musical ideas you have more than whatever tool you use. The tool should help you, but not be the whole focus.

I am curious about the “massive” sound they talk about in the track Rebound he made with Mat Zo…to me the massive part is the opening bass. Would love to see a tech tip on how to do a thick modulated bass in Live (hint, hint Phil) :wink:

[/quote]

The bass in the beginning is from a different track, Soliquid - Music is for Rich People (Mat Zo Remix).

I have a friend who just purchased PLug ins , that cost lots of money , because Mark Knight use it .

and still cant finish a track .lol

such a lame excuse to waste time and money .

its all about Grooving with the music . and making good tracks