Fxpansion Guru

Works fine - just done a nice gliitchy four bar loop - not bad as i have not got a clue what i am doing atm :stuck_out_tongue:

Excellent!

Wellā€¦ againā€¦ if anyone needs a hand - Let me know. Iā€™ve had it a good while now, so I will deserve to be shot if I cant help.

:smiley:

[quote]ICN (04/08/2010)[hr]Excellent!

Wellā€¦ againā€¦ if anyone needs a hand - Let me know. Iā€™ve had it a good while now, so I will deserve to be shot if I cant help.

:D[/quote]

Any advice about changing my username :wink:

Sureā€¦ Change it to Blakey

yayy it works now

@ICN yeah mate Iā€™ve installed it few days ago and it worked fine :slight_smile:

Cool Man :slight_smile:

cm magazine reckons you can drag your own samples straight onto the pads but that doesnt seem to work? cant be ar*ed with the preloaded stuff

any tips lads??

too lazy to read the whole manual - just expected it to work like

Bought the mag today, installed it now, authorised it and it works. All pretty easy. Sorry for the guys that had/have problems. Iā€™m on a Mac btw.

Seems like a cool plug in. Will have to explore it more when I get a chance.

Dont know about dragging & dropping onto the pads Manā€¦

But what I do is:

Left hand side of the GUI - Youā€™ve got 4 tabs.

Patterns / Kits / Pads / Loops.

Here you choose what you are loading onto the pads. To load One Shots up onto the pads, select the PAD tab.

You navigate by selecting the folder at the top of the tree(ā€¦Parent directory)

This makes you go back in to your computerā€¦ so you could navigate back & find your own sample folder from there.

Double clicking a folder brings you into it. Hit (ā€¦Parent Directory) to go back ONE level.

When you want to audition something. Select the Pad you want the sample on quickly with a tap, then go into the Pad Browser on the left that weā€™ve been talking about. If you have a pattern playing, youā€™ll hear the auditioned beats. Hit the flashing ā€œOKā€ to enter the sound when you want to commit.

The other Tabs are for loading pre-made Patterns, Pre-Made Kits (909, HipHop etcā€¦), and Loops (which get cut up over the pads like Rex.)

finally got it up and running - looks good.

Anyone know what sort of swing settings etc for the type of percusion etc that D-ramirez uses in his productions. Im looking to make a techy sounding track with it.

Thanks for the posts on how to set it up guys - must admit got a bit lost with the instructions in Computer Music.

Quoting myself - What has the world come to? LOL

Youā€™ll find pretty much everything is here that you need Mate :slight_smile: :cool:

[quote]ICN (31/07/2010)[hr]

Theres a couple of settings in Guru that you might want to change inĀ Options on the front of the GUI.

1. Enable Tool Tips. Found in the Misc Tab. This will give you a value onscreen of how much you are adjusting things.

2. Sequencer Retardation. Found in the Audio Tab. If you find the 1st beat of Guru is not hitting correctly when you hit play in your sequencer, try a setting of 100ticks.

Dont forget to put a line of 16thā€™s in it & f*** around with the groove. :cool:

Its on 10% Dirty Swing by defaultā€¦ scroll down that menu & youā€™ll find Swing Thingā€¦ 40 - 50% is setting that sounds minimal.

You can drag & drop the pattern from the ā€œpattern buttonsā€ onto your arrange.

When you do, hit Guru onto an empty pattern button or stick the Mode to ā€œGateā€ rather than ā€œSyncā€ā€¦ so that it doesnt play double or flam. Youā€™ll know when you hear it! :slight_smile:

In the ā€œPad Editā€ Tabā€¦ you can do all your ASDR stuff, Pan, FX, Reverse etcā€¦ You can also Layer up to 8 sounds on each Pad. Good for all sorts of stuff!!

The ā€œGraphsā€ Tabs lets you draw in glitchy repeats and change pitchā€¦ so you could do a bassline in it no probs.

Loading samples into it - you can load ā€œKitsā€ onto all the PadsĀ on the bottom left hand screenā€¦ But to get a one shot on a pad, youā€™ll need to go into ā€œPadsā€.

Finally, if you do make a tune you like etcā€¦ make sure to hit ā€œsave asā€ on the front of the GUI & save the Guru settings & samples into your project folderā€¦ and hit save if you make any additions / changes.

Guru only links to the filesā€¦ so if you dont save the files into your project folders & you move the samples or they get lostā€¦ youā€™re in trouble. IĀ found thatĀ out when I was updating my computers OSā€¦ :pinch:

[/quote]

cheers mate - note to self read other posts more clearly lol:)

Thanks for the info in this thread ICN got me up and running :slight_smile:

Hi5! :slight_smile:

Just got a mail from Fxpansion.

50% discount on Guru for all registered CM Guru owners.

[quote]ICN (09/08/2010)[hr]Just got a mail from Fxpansion.

50% discount on Guru for all registered CM Guru owners.[/quote]

Yeah 64 quid does seem like a bargain, though I think I may wait a week or so as I have not really played enough with it