Getting Noticed!

[quote]roben (24/07/2010)[hr]I actually debate whether it’s a good idea putting things up on soundcloud. I’ve heard some labels are a bit funny about taking a track which has already been played on Soundcloud?

What’s the beef?

Ive a couple of tracks reserved because they’re good enough to be signed and not really sure i should be putting them on Soundcloud… ?[/quote]

Put a 3 or 4 min clip on and disable the download function… simple

chk out my Sndcld pge

http://soundcloud.com/lawrencehill

And a collab http://soundcloud.com/4_leggedgroovemachine

Scott…

would have liked to hear some of your production on it dude…

No-one gets to hear that. When it’s available to buy or even steal from an Eastern European web-blog, then sure.

St Paddy’s Day 2010 Micks

Okain - 717. Tsuba
Rainer Weichhold - Infernal (Juan Sanchez remix). Great Stuff
Ramon Tapia & BP - Water Melon. Jericho
Anton Pieete - Be My Rescue. Intacto
Paco Osuna - What’s Up. Minus
Dave Angel - Dog Spray (Mark Broom remix - LawrenceHill re-edit). Jericho
Perc - Trap Jaw (Alexi Delano remix). Perc Trax
Paco Osuna - Party In Chicago. Minus
Cari Lekebusch - Blood Lines. International Sound Labs
Ed Rush & Nico - Defect (Perc remix). Perc Trax
Giorgio Gigli & Donato Dozzy & Real Love EQ Italy. Wagon Repair
Edit Select - Deposer. Figure
Green Velvet - Preacher Man (Tool). Music Man
Kaiserdisco - Dark Orbit. Terminal M
Sawf - Plafa. Perc Trax
Cari Lekebusch - For Whom They Toll. International Sound Labs
Green Velvet - Answering Machine. Music Man
Material Object - Stale Fish (Kyle Geiger remix). Perc Trax
Matthias Meyer - Reichenbach (Remute remix). Lieb Detail
Laurent Garnier - Pay TV (Scan X remix). Pias

4 Legged Groove Machine mix with Rick Joyce

1. AKA AKA - Fauste Fur Ein Hallelujah. Stil Vor Talent.
2. Jona - Altiplano. Planet E.
3. Marco Brugattu - Billie’s Mascotte (Nihad Thule, Nima Khak & Nima Lasseman remix). Suara.
4. Omar S - Strider’s World. FXHE.
5. Nitzer Ebb - Down on your knees. Major
6. Terence Fixmer - Electric city tool 1 (Speedy J remix). Electric Deluxe.
7. Boys Noize - Transmission (James Ruskin remix). Boys Noize.
8. DVS1 - Departure. Time Fog.
9. Equalized - Equalized 3 (Track 1). Equalized.
10. Mathew Jonson - Put Your Booty Shorts On. Wagon Repair.
11. Destiny’s Child - Bills Bills Bills (Harmonimix remix). RCA.
12. Smith n’ Hack - Falling Stars. Smith n’ Hack.
13. Instra:Mental - Leave It All Behind. Apple Pips.
14. Moderat - Sea Monkey (Untold remix). B-Pitch Control.
15. Laurent Garnier - Return of The Big Babou. FComm.
16. Tony Lionni - Found a Place. Ostgut Ton.

[quote]scott (24/07/2010)[hr]No-one gets to hear that. When it’s available to buy or even steal from an Eastern European web-blog, then sure.[/quote]

and is any of your production buyable?

No. Is it **** ahaha

thanks for the tip Wayne, really useful. I’ll defiantly give it a go! :wink:

@danny I was wondering the same, sending music to blogs may be another option!

check out http://www.nextbigsound.com/

to see how people are interacting with particular artists and thru what channels, i.e. how they promote themselves,

[quote]WayneFontaine (24/07/2010)[hr][quote]scott (24/07/2010)[hr]No-one gets to hear that. When it’s available to buy or even steal from an Eastern European web-blog, then sure.[/quote]

and is any of your production buyable?[/quote]

You can have this http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yvvyg5nldnk it’s me doing a 2001 Ben Sims impersonation ***** about with a Ring Mod 'cause I was thinking of buying a new Moog pedal. There’s also the sound of me auditioning some **** clips too. I forgot I was recording.

So, you have no public tracks you’ve produced yourself either to listen to or buy, is that right?

And your advice for unsigned, i.e. the vast majority of, producers is to keep your tracks private and hidden and send them to labels you know publish that genre.

So, if you never get picked up your music will never be heard by anyone except you, your mum and a few close friends?

That’s how I read your advice. Am I wrong? Just want to be clear here.

Pretty much, yeah. Remain hobbyist or give up. If no-one’s interested in releasing your stuff, that should be your indicator.

Unless you’re in a band, then these tools coupled with live gigs make sense.

Also, not advice; just opinion.

Go on Josloan looks like you’re gearing up for a big one. Can I get a Rarrrrr?

No, not really. Just curious as you seemed so sure of yourself. But then, you’re just like most of us, an unsigned hobbyist. That’s fine and that gives me an indication of how much weight to give to your opinions.

[quote]scott (24/07/2010)[hr]Go on Josloan looks like you’re gearing up for a big one. Can I get a Rarrrrr?[/quote]

Ha Ha, I shouldn’t have asked!

I think Soundcloud is invaluable for getting reviews by people who are into the same genres as me. Not sure I’d take into account my mum’s opinion on a new Progressive track, when she’s rolling to Lionel Richie and alike (That’s no slur on the great Lionel) but I think you catch my drift.

For me reviews and knowledge help develop me further. I just wanted to know some ideas on increasing those reviews!

Thanx for the positive responses, keep them coming!

ah your mother can be the best person to give your tracks a listin, if she likes it then anyone can:L

[quote]jonsloan (24/07/2010)[hr]No, not really. Just curious as you seemed so sure of yourself. But then, you’re just like most of us, an unsigned hobbyist. That’s fine and that gives me an indication of how much weight to give to your opinions.[/quote]

I think you’ve totally got the wrong end of the stick. Why would I think anything else of myself, other than an unsigned hobbyist. I just prefer to retain an element of dignity, rather than spamming people.

[quote]deanmau5 (24/07/2010)[hr]ah your mother can be the best person to give your tracks a listin, if she likes it then anyone can:L[/quote]

You’re being dumb, now.

it was a joke,

man nobody likes u commenting on this at all u shud just leave altogethr.

and like alot of people, i don’t care what u think.

nd lighten up, its just music

[quote] I think you’ve totally got the wrong end of the stick. Why would I think anything else of myself, other than an unsigned hobbyist. I just prefer to retain an element of dignity, rather than spamming people. [/quote]

Stop spamming the topic then u, u love the spam, ur a bit of a spam really arnt ya. lol :stuck_out_tongue:

You’re clearly a ***** idiot.