Grrr women

Does anyone else get lots of grief from the missus for being on the computer a lot?

Everyday all i get is snyde comments about using the computer too much.

• Well, if there is a way i can produce digital music without the need for a computer, do let me know!!#

Besides I’d rather be in my studio being creative than sat watching mindless TV.

I’m getting really fed up with it now, on one side of the coin she supports my DJing and loves dance music and the vip at the clubs, but then she never had to see how much hard work i had to put in to actually getting my name out there locally in the first place! I dont think she realises just how much time needs to go into production, I swear she must think writing a tune takes no time at all, they may be only 5-7 mins long but it can take a full time week of hours just to create them!!

I sometimes think maybe if i was getting releases maybe she’d get off my back a bit more, but i shouldn’t have to keep hearing the nagging all the time when i’m trying to work. I may never get releases, but this is what I love doing, this is my passion and life, i wish she’d respect that.

Am I the only one that gets this from the other half or what?

Sorry I didn’t really want to put this out on the board but I just needed to know whether others here get any support from their missus or the same crap as me?

Is this a normal thing or am I the exception? Surely your missus is supposed to support your passions?

wouldn’t worry about it dude, me and the wife have nearly split up 3-4 times over this sorta thing, at the end of the day my music was there long before her and if she pushes to much it will be there long after her too :smiley:

[quote]roben (19/02/2010)[hr]Does anyone else get lots of grief from the missus for being on the computer a lot?

Everyday all i get is snyde comments about using the computer too much.
- Well, if there is a way i can produce digital music without the need for a computer, do let me know!!#
Besides I’d rather be in my studio being creative than sat watching mindless TV.

I’m getting really fed up with it now, on one side of the coin she supports my DJing and loves dance music and the vip at the clubs, but then she never had to see how much hard work i had to put in to actually getting my name out there locally in the first place! I dont think she realises just how much time needs to go into production, I swear she must think writing a tune takes no time at all, they may be only 5-7 mins long but it can take a full time week of hours just to create them!!

I sometimes think maybe if i was getting releases maybe she’d get off my back a bit more, but i shouldn’t have to keep hearing the nagging all the time when i’m trying to work. I may never get releases, but this is what I love doing, this is my passion and life, i wish she’d respect that.

Am I the only one that gets this from the other half or what?

Sorry I didn’t really want to put this out on the board but I just needed to know whether others here get any support from their missus or the same crap as me?

Is this a normal thing or am I the exception? Surely your missus is supposed to support your passions?[/quote]

Roben the angry other half is not an exclusive club man i argue at least once a week  , every one of my music buddies have the same problem , you should go in with some mates,  (if you can afford )and get a practice space away from home  and the missus you should be able to find a decent cheap spot in brighton ?

Anyways roben you defo aint on ur own with this one the missus drives me mad but i think its just attention ,she says that if it were poss id be making hybrid children with a human body with a flatscreen head !:smiley:

Just simply remind your other half you could be out boozing with your m8’s.

That seems to work for a bit :smiley:

You could always give up and watch soaps back to back to fit in with the female psyche

In between the soaps you’ll have xfactor, dancing on ice and all the other mindless crap that seem ideally suited for the modern day woman to look forward to :smiley:

For the record I resisted that path and ended up divorced and it was probably the best thing I ever did. :slight_smile:

Wow, that’s so good to know i’m not the only one!!

Sounds like a very common thing then, hard work and headaches striving for success and passion by the sounds of things.

I’m really going to have to ask James Fitch (prok & fitch) if he gets grief too now he’s successful, he’s just got married. The thing there is that surely it must be worse for the woman when their man is successful, because he’ll be jetting off across the world all the time working, lol.

same for me roben, ill come home and go up to my studio and come down at dinner go back up and meet her in bed. she always complains that i dont spend enough time with her but, quality time to her is watching crap tv for hours on end. I think its more productive to go upstairs and mess about on ableton. were basically married anyways so i always joke that she can leave me for someone better if shes not happy

yeah, its common. But like you said, if it was your full time job and you were making money off of it, they wouldnt complain as much seeing that it would be your living and income. Unfortunately, there really isnt anything you can do. I would suggest trying to dedicate time just to her and your relationship. Basically, set a schedule.

I am having an affair on my wife, but unfortunately its with Ableton and my Prophet :wink:

We’re not married but we live together, thing is i’ve been producing longer than we were even together, so she knows this is what I like to do, and it didn’t seem to bother her back then.

It’s hard juggling life, career, relationships and hobbys together.

I wonder how Phil, Graham and Bryan get on.

Cheers guys, hearing from you guys has certainly made me feel less singled out.

[quote]howiegroove (19/02/2010)[hr]

I am having an affair on my wife, but unfortunately its with Ableton and my Prophet ;)[/quote]

hahahaha :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

The reason i get into arguments is because the only time i’ve not got my headphones on is when i am wanting Sex so the sooner ableton sort that plug-in out the better :smiley:

[quote]jon_fisher (19/02/2010)[hr]The reason i get into arguments is because the only time i’ve not got my headphones on is when i am wanting Sex so the sooner ableton sort that plug-in out the better :D[/quote]

pmsl … maybe when they do they could call it vibe for live ?:smiley:

[quote]egg2 (19/02/2010)[hr][quote]jon_fisher (19/02/2010)[hr]The reason i get into arguments is because the only time i’ve not got my headphones on is when i am wanting Sex so the sooner ableton sort that plug-in out the better :D[/quote]

pmsl … maybe when they do they could call it vibe for live ?:D[/quote]

they’ll regret the day they ever said “why don’t you go Fu@k your pc”

theres always real dolls…im sure some of you know what im talking about

The faster the pitch, the faster the action.

Speedcore anyone?? :wink:

im not going to give the link:)

[quote]tommyt (19/02/2010)[hr]im not going to give the link:)[/quote]

PM ftw :hehe:

[quote]tommyt (19/02/2010)[hr]theres always real dolls…im sure some of you know what im talking about[/quote]

Do you mean the ones that are really lifelike ?

I saw a weird program on guys in the states that treat these life like dolls like they’re human ,one of the guys on it said his name was… hold on a sec tommy ya dirty boy :smiley:

[quote]egg2 (19/02/2010)[hr][quote]tommyt (19/02/2010)[hr]theres always real dolls…im sure some of you know what im talking about[/quote]

Isaw a weird program on guys in the states that treat these life like dolls like they’re human ,one of the guys on it said his name was… hold on a sec tommy ya dirty boy :D[/quote]

Tommy has a special one that speaks. He has his headphones on and pulls the string behind her head and she says stuff like… “you idiot! Why dont you do something around this house!” or, “when are you gonna stop making music and do the damn dishes!!!”

Classic! :smiley:

[quote]egg2 (19/02/2010)[hr][quote]tommyt (19/02/2010)[hr]theres always real dolls…im sure some of you know what im talking about[/quote]

Isaw a weird program on guys in the states that treat these life like dolls like they’re human ,one of the guys on it said his name was… hold on a sec tommy ya dirty boy :D[/quote]

lol i watched that program on channel 4, seriously creepy, those guys that actually married their dolls and went to doll swapping parties :sick:

shes my special dj groupie