How Much Money Do You Make Of A Beatport Number 1?

How Much Money Do You Make Of A Beatport Number 1??

1 million dollars mwahahaha. br
br
No really it would be hard to say 20-30k maybe. I don’t think it’s as much as a lot of people dream of after you take all the costs of the label/service out. br
br
When you planning on taking the top spot then??? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m guessing it would depend on what genre your track is in also.br
br
Like an electro house track is more likely to stay at number 1 much longer than a nu disco track.br
br
I’d reckon the real money is in the longevity of your stay in the top 100 rater than just going straight to number 1.br
br
Just gussing tho.br
No experiences on a beatport top 10… Unfortunately.

Thanks for the reply! LOL dont think ill be getting a number one any time soon, thou… hope to in the future haha. Ive always wondered how much you actually make for a number one, no one seems to know that i’ve asked. Heres a we track I finished last night let me know what use think… br
br
https://soundcloud.com/podraigcrane/dutch-house-2013

Pretty Interesting question. Would be cool to get a estimate.

number one in Minimal chart will net you £3k or so. br
take from that what you willbr
br
it seems to be an inversely proportional curve the closer to number 1 you get

3k Thats good! I thought you didnt make very much, I thought it was like £200-£300

[quote]crane (08/03/2013)[hr]3k Thats good! I thought you didnt make very much, I thought it was like £200-£300[/quote]br
br
i don’t imagine £200 - £300 would even land you in the top 100 - would definitely be in the genre top 100 id say. br
br
the track at no.1 in the minimal house chart sat @ no. 15 in the overall charts. so there is still quite a big gulf of money between #15 and #1 i would imagine.br
br
i’d hesitate a guess that you would move up a spot every £500-£1k from there on out.

Thats amzing didnt thing it was that much! Have you ever got a number 1 Bryan? Or even close?

[quote]crane (08/03/2013)[hr]Thats amzing didnt thing it was that much! Have you ever got a number 1 Bryan? Or even close?[/quote]br
br
remix of a track of mine sat at minimal house no.1 for a couple months but peaked at no.15 in the overall chart. - thats the closest ive had to beatport no.1. br
br
Other than that, a few remixes and originals of my own made it into the genre top 10’s in beatport and a couple number 1’s on DJDownload.br
br
and had a remix in the top 20 of the ARIA Dance charts for a while, but no beatport no.1 :(br
br
not yet anyway :slight_smile:

What was the track called Bryan?

the minimal track was Discount Rhinos - Pills Champagne - Christopher Norman Vicodub mix.br
can’t really take any credit for it. Christopher Norman’s production is excellent.br

I think I bought that track or the original can’t quite rememberbr
br
br
Kansas city shuffle was a main stay in my electro house sets for a good year or so.br
That must have done ok for ye too, im sure i picked that out of a dj chart on beatport years ago.

That’s interesting - so are you saying Bryan, that a No.1 on the Beatport Minimal Chart would net you 3k overall?/PPI presume that’s not £3k per week, or £3k per month etc?/PPHow many weeks are you saying (roughly), a track would have to stay at the Beatport No.1 minimal position position to get around £3k, and how many weeks (roughly) would it have to hover within say, the top ten of the minimal chart, to rake in about £3k?/PPI didn’t think that tracks got that much these days, even if they got to number one!/PPSo are we saying that, someone like Daniel Portman for instance, who currently has about 5 or 6 tracks tracks in the Beatport Minimal Top 100 (and probably a good 3 or 4 within the top 10 for Minimal alone), is making thousands of pounds a year from these tracks? I mean, are you saying he’s probably raking in about £50-£60k a year just from his releases? As i think he probably now releases about 15-20 tracks a year right now (they all seem to do well in terms of Beatport sales even though most of them sound exactly the same)!!!

[quote]davidmclean (11/03/2013)[hr] (they all seem to do well in terms of Beatport sales even though most of them sound exactly the same)!!![/quote]br
br
br
br
For a moment there I thought you were talking about Deadmau5 :laugh:

True!br
br
Have you heard the similarity in some of Daniel Portmans tracks on Beatport - it’s really quite shocking!br
br
We are talking same lead sound present, almost the same melody, same kick, same bass sound present etc etc!br
br
Who the hell keeps buying these nearly identical tracks?br
br
Or does he buy them himself i wonder to keep himself within the Beatport charts?

[quote]davidmclean (11/03/2013)[hr]That’s interesting - so are you saying Bryan, that a No.1 on the Beatport Minimal Chart would net you 3k overall?br
br
I presume that’s not £3k per week, or £3k per month etc?br
br
How many weeks are you saying (roughly), a track would have to stay at the Beatport No.1 minimal position position to get around £3k, and how many weeks (roughly) would it have to hover within say, the top ten of the minimal chart, to rake in about £3k?br
br
I didn’t think that tracks got that much these days, even if they got to number one!br
br
So are we saying that, someone like Daniel Portman for instance, who currently has about 5 or 6 tracks tracks in the Beatport Minimal Top 100 (and probably a good 3 or 4 within the top 10 for Minimal alone), is making thousands of pounds a year from these tracks? I mean, are you saying he’s probably raking in about £50-£60k a year just from his releases? As i think he probably now releases about 15-20 tracks a year right now (they all seem to do well in terms of Beatport sales even though most of them sound exactly the same)!!![/quote]br
br
It was quite some time ago now so I’m a little foggy on remembering . But I think the track sat number one in the minimal chart for quite some time . About 8 weeks from memory.br
br
I’d say if you’re sitting in the top 10’s consistently you could be earning that no problem, provided it was your own label of course , otherwise they’d be getting their grubby paws on some of it.

I had a track that got to sixty something in the indie dance chart about six months back and got £40! I think it only got 92 sales on Beatport. I was surprised it only took 92 sales to get in the 60’s.

Interesting! What we seem to be establishing then, is that the common maxim these days of “You can’t make any money any more from selling music”, just simply isn’t true!/PPYou can still make significant amounts of money - if you put out a large number of tracks consistently that make it into the Beatport Top Ten./PPI would certainly like to find out more about who exactly is buying, for example,nbsp;all the Daniel Portman tracks that sound the same? Surely if you buy one of his tracks, then you wouldn’t go and buy another one that sounds almost identical - so how the hell is he managing to sell so many copies (relatively) of so many different tracks?/PPI honestly seriously think that he (or someone associated with him like a PR agency), might buy the tracks themselves - in order to push his tracks up the Beatport charts, on the basis that he knows he can get more gigs based on him having more tracks high up the Beatport charts./PPAnyone elsenbsp;care to comment on this?nbsp;

buying your own tracks to get in to the beatport charts is bound to be happening.br
br
maybe we should do a sonic academy experiment… we could make a decent track and buy our way in to the top 10 see what sort of revenue can be generated.