How To Make - Melodic Techno with Chymera / 260

hi jim. I can't tell for sure but it could be a preset from a legacy version of live. I added in the live 8 library ages ago, you should do the same, it could be in there: https://www.ableton.com/en/art...

thank you clint!

Very helpfully, thx !

Thank you for that and thank you for the tutorial. I am learning a lot from it! :)

Been waiting for something like this for a while. Good job SA.

What sample pack are you using for the drums?

If you havent notice guys that there is a way to actually

select "Sound Like". What i want is be able to bookmark videos soo i can easier access the videos im watching.

we are creating a "playlists" feature for the site currently that will allow you to create ( and share ) video playlists :)

All I can say is WOW!!! and wow again! Fantastic course! You made it easy and very interesting to follow along with and learn with you. I'm a Logic pro X user but I also like Abelton Live 9 and appreciate the genre and style of music presented in this course. Thank you!

I really like this tutorial. Its structured and it seems like you had a very organized plan before you started to record. You should make more tutorials! You are a good teacher! I also like the fact that you use inbuilt Ableton effects and synths. I dont like when people use 3d party plug ins for several hundred EUR as I dont consider myself to be that good so I can justify to buy those ones. Remember I watched a future music in the studio with Vitalic and he used mainly inbuilt Ableton effects and also free synths for his production. Its nice to see that pros can make music with a minimalistic budget.

Could you give some examples of what vst's and plug ins you use for your professional productions?

great tutorial - 'Curl' and 'Tidal' are always getting spins from me so I was so happy you did this tutorial :)

thanks!

thank you!

glad you like it!

I'll do another one in the new year some time. I do actually use various bits of hardware and vsts normally but for these tutorials it's better to do it all in the box with native plugins so that you can follow along. thanks and glad you like it

I have a small bunch of VSTs that I use a lot like the Korg Polysix, Synth1 (freeware) and of course the incredible TAL range of VST's in particular their Juno 60 clone - TAL-UNO-LX. I also use the Waves h-delay a lot. Apart from that almost 100% of my effects are ableton's built in ones. I do of course have a hardware setup with various pieces of analog and digital synths. It's always about mixing up everything. The lead synths and basses are usually hardware, and all other supporting melodies are software and samples.

thank you, glad you liked it

various bits and pieces

I really don't understand the love behind techno and deep house music.. So boring.. so repetitive... no progression...very uncreative the fact there needs to be a tutorial on how to loop the same thing for 8 minutes.. is beyond me.

While I like some of his other works "Chymera" that is.. This is the exact reason I canceled my subscription to Sonic Academy. To each their own I suppose.