How To Make - Tech House with Mescal Kids / 889

Cool track… ! Thanks

Thank you Scott, a great tutorial indeed.

A quick question - where can you get acapella vocal like yours in the track (and also like the one in your other track “mind set”) ? i.e. sample pack?

This is where I found the Accapelle used in this track.

you can also grab it from here KIngs Of Tomorrow.KOT Anthem.Blackwiz... - YouTube

Very nice course! Where can I find the bass preset?

Hi there @Dave_Bright

If you mean the ANA 2 preset used in tutorial 5-Bass as a starting point, it’s a Bass Preset named “Downlow” from the ANA 2 Vol.9 Techno Presets Pack from Sonic Academy, you can purchase that pack here ANA 2 Presets Vol 9 - Techno | Sounds

It’s an excellent Presets Pack BTW, definitely one to add to your arsenal IMHO.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Cheers !

That drop design is fire!

Great track and really enjoyable tutorial, thanks Scott

great tutorial … hope see an other laterz !

I wish I could watch much more from you guys thanks for the helpful tutorial

Perfect teaching…! WE want more :o)

sick

you remind me a lot of the Scott guy from Deep Matter - the Future something tutorial… :slight_smile:

incredible

ugh “Downlow” preset NOT in standard packs… tutorial 5 - read down below… aw… thanks for clarification… as i spend 6 hours scanning my ana plugin folders LOL slight exaggeration

tutorial 5 bass - Scott’s “call-response” comment - the crucial crux to understanding this genre, how to approach writing tracks. this is all based around this idea - you hear it in Fisher, you hear it on all the top Tech House tracks at the top of the charts… it’s kinda like going back to blues… call-response and you’ve nailed it…

A good habit is to take some time to browse through forum’s topics :smile:
The answer was just a few post above :smile:
And yes, this Preset is from ANA 2 Techno Pack vol.9

Look : How To Make - Tech House with Mescal Kids / 889 - #14 by Tekalight

Really useful course that covered a lot of basics and advanced tips. Easy going presentation style that enabled me to follow and develop my own own original track.
I used my own samples and loops from loopcloud (top tip) and made some of my instrumental parts from scratch in a different key. The only thing I found a little hard to follow was the arrangement, which did jump around a bit. But lets face ti you can’t really go far wrong with 16 and 32 bar patterns.

Great stuff thanks legends !

great :slight_smile: