How To Make - Techno with Mac Vaughn / 1503

Hi!

How’s it gaining? Turns out I missed the deadline. I needed another day. It’s hard to judge how much time you need to do a project. I learned something about meeting deadlines in music and what approaches to avoid next time.

I am still having a great time and really had a blast. Thank you so much for doing this course.

When you mentioned if you could do it again you would change the bass line it planted a seed in my head and I was trying to figure out something. I don’t know what you had in mind but I tried a lot of different things. I came up with a few ideas.

I don’t think the remix would win any rewards or contests but you might like a few approaches if you decide to do it again. I would like to send you what I made when I finish. I would love to get one or two tips from you on what I can improve on.

I’ve been a songwriter and am only in my third year producing so I could use the advice.

Please let me know if I could still send you the remix. I worked hard on it and it’s a shame I missed the deadline. Lol!

Anyone thanks again and take care!

Hannah B

1 Like

Hello @Panax

At the time I’m writing this post, the submission seems to be still opened.

Maybe take a chance to upload your remix if you have a finished version :wink:

1 Like

Hi! I’m working on it now. It’s 12:52 AM. I’m in Los Angeles so we are on different continents. I’m so disappointed… I will have something before I go to bed that I’d love to throw in. I will try to finish before the sun comes up. I’ll work faster.

Thank you! Really enjoy being part of the community.

Hannah!!!

1 Like

That was the very last window for upload I’m afraid, the submission just closed now unfortunately.

Always recommended to set your deadline ahead of the last submission day when you plan to submit, it gives you a safety net of 1 day ahead and if anything goes wrong with uploads then you still have time to submit.

But yeah, that’s inherent to dead lines I’m afraid, it’s not always easy to meet them, at some point you have to make a decision if the mix is ready or not, but again keeping a 24H safety net can help.

No regrets though, like you mentioned you enjoyed the process and learned a lot, that’s very important as well :wink:

Can’t tell about sending your remix afterwards to @Mac_Vaughn to receive feedback, this is usually not possible I’m afraid.

1 Like

I understand. It would not be fair to others in competition! Thanks for the advice. When’s the next competition.? I had a blast…

1 Like

Don’t know yet when the next Takeover Event will take place, should be in a few months :wink:

That will be announced via emails as usual, make sure to check your Emails Preferences area in your account to ensure you’re receiving them.

1 Like

Thanks Tekalight!

I was only joking, however, I look forward to participating!

You’re doing a great job! Thanks for responding so promptly. Have a nice day!

H

2 Likes

Hey Panax! Sorry you missed it but I’d still love to hear your remix! Shoot it over to me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve now completed the course. It’s the best Techno course I’ve done, learnt so much on this one, it was excellent! Many thanks!!

1 Like

Welcome to the forums and thanks for your comment and feedback ! :sunglasses:

Can anyone tell me where to get the deviant bass wavetable please?

1 Like

Welcome to the forums first of ! :sunglasses:

Checking the start of Video N° 7 at around 0:10

The “Deviant Bass” is a Preset for Ableton Live Wavetable Instrument.

Instruments → Wavetable → Bass → Deviant Bass.adg

You can also type in “Deviant…” in the keyword search field and it should pop out in the search result.

Take note that the Wavetable Instrument is only bundled with Live Suite edition, but it can be purchased separately from Ableton in case you don’t have the Suite edition of Live.

It can also be that you have the suite and still need to download additional content to get this, not sure if it comes pre-installed after a default Live installation, maybe check updates under the PLACES section inside Live Explorer if you can’t find it.

Hope this helps !

Cheers :sunglasses:

Screenshot 2023-04-04 at 14.28.00

@Mac_Vaughn – absolute complete banger of a tune my man, loved everything about the course, easy to follow & kept me hooked all the way through, this was my favourite course by far, cant wait to see the next one.

2 Likes

Thank you so much!! Glad you liked it. :slight_smile:

How do you save the midi you generated for top bass? can i just copy and paste the one I generated for mid bass?

Assuming you’re using Ableton Live you can export MIDI patterns as .mid files if you Right Click on the MIDI Clip and select “Export Midi Clip…”

Now to get your .mid files available inside Live, you need to put them in a folder and add this folder into PLACES inside Live content browser.

Screenshot 2023-04-13 at 10.13.08

watching this bring u to the next level :wink:

1 Like

Welcome to the forums @ thanks for your comment ! :sunglasses:

Thanks for the help, couldn’t find deviant bass but I used ana and it was pretty much similar sound, thanks a bunch!

1 Like

Great Course!! Next Level!!

1 Like