How To Make - Timelapse with Jerome Isma-Ae / 640

Really enjoyed this tutorial. This tune, even though quite simple in it’s structure, easily keeps you interested throughout its length. There is definitely a skill in keeping things simple and interesting, one which I don’t possess unfortunately! Subtle changes and adding/removing of elements seems so easy, yet always eludes me! Can’t wait for more from J&A.

2 Likes

This was exactly what I needed to see to spark my creativity. Awesome tutorial!

WOW, this track is so chill and fresh, I love it!

Hi again @LogicProHacks

Yes, there’s definitely an appealing musicality in this one :wink: and this was done using Logic Pro X so it might be a good one to watch. The quite simple but very well engineered process during the all track creation is just amazing.

And if you love it, then it’s your chance to have even more fun and to get involve in the running Remix-Competition until 5th of October. :wink:

Remix Competition! It’s Logic, it’s very Chill-Step like, I am so In! :smile:

1 Like

Rather than just be given that Hi Hat groove in Tutorial 4, i’d like to know how to make it… it is panning, some hits are louder than others and the hit length is modulated through the track if you listen to the stem file.

For this particular track this would need to be answered by @jeromeismaae but on a general basis, setting up your Midi Velocity to 99% in Logic ( or enabling midi velocity in other DAW ) and playing with Midi notes length & velocity will create this variation in volume & length. Panning is rather a result of using tremolo & delay or/and panning automation.

A copy of the midi file (included in the project/stems file) for the Main Synth in tutorial 9 would have been nice too… its a pain in the a$$ to copy off the video (i’m recreating this in ableton)

@djmarcatkins
it would have been nice yes, I kind of agree, but it’s also a way to learn things better than having the all work done for you. But anyway, here is my personal best effort on this… :wink:
!MIDI.zip (4.6 KB)

Awesome

love the track ^^

Thank you very much, I really love the track, Im sorry im late for the remix, but waiting forward to work in the next one.

Love this course. Learned so much here. Thank you for sharing this with the community.

Thank you very much

Please explain in more details so it easy for us to understand your process

Great track, exactly what I’ve been looking for - sonic academy subscription reactivated :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great Track!! Nice tutorial :slight_smile:

It seems like quite easy for me as a beginner. I’ll give it shot.

Very useful to get insigths on Jerome’s workflow!

nice track