How to sound like: Deep House?

Like the title says – this site could use a little bit of that chiller, funky stuff :).

Even the current poll options don’t represent this genre. (I guess Disco House comes close, but imo that’s closer to French House & Electro)

Admittedly Deep House hasn’t really ever been the “it” genre, but it’s always been around and it’s a perfect way to warm up a crowd.

Yeah this would be good idea and something a bit different,stuff like kerri chandler and jimpster could be cool

Yeah sounds goood, you could even go as far as the classics i.e Chicago house get some funk in our lives  or even detroit techno, work on the smooth, lush deep sounds in dance music rather than just banging a fat synth line out!!!

:w00t:

Definately not at the top of my list, but I would be interested in seeing what it might have to offer. Do you boys have any links as examples?

++++++++++++++++++++++100000000000000000000000000:D:hehe::hehe:

Yeah a DEEP HOUSE tutorial would be fantastic, i’ve asked a few times hope they do one soon :-), sound like Shur-I-Kan, Jimpster, Scope (Nic McClelland), Timewriter, Milton Jackson…

I’m all for deep house. Too much electro/trance/tech/minimal stuff and they all sound the same. I always thought the Moto Blanco tutorial was the best but it only dwell on creating the bassline and vocals. No arrangement or mixing. I always wanted to know how producers like Knee Deep, Brian Tappert, Blaze and Grant Nelson create their beats and mix in the live bass. Their productions always have that punch that i wanted. How do they create that “live bass” sound and how they mix it in nicely with the mix? I wish there was a tutorial for this.

OH YES HELL YES MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE YES.

I have a couple of tracks I’ve done that are deep house but I’m lacking some serious skillage, mainly in the rhodes piano dept.

This idea totally has my vote as well! I’ve recently been listening to more of Jimpster and other “deep house” artists and the music is unbelievable… has anyone listened to Jimpster’s “Sleeper”? Amazing track…

Anyway, I’ve tried to recreate it on my own and have struggled with the bass portion of the mix – apparently one key to deep house is widening the bass to make it sound much thicker and warmer…

+1 for deep house tutorial :) 

im for a deep house tutorial. something like 2020 vision or om records. fred everything mark farina.

Very good suggestion. Looks like more people are caught by the deep house virus :smiley:

It’s indeed very interesting to see how to use the bass, rhodes, piano’s and strings that are often key in this genre.

[quote]jerico (8/23/2009)[hr]Yeah a DEEP HOUSE tutorial would be fantastic, i’ve asked a few times hope they do one soon :-), sound like Shur-I-Kan, Jimpster, Scope (Nic McClelland), Timewriter, Milton Jackson…[/quote]

Yes please!!!

[quote]frankiep (8/23/2009)[hr]I always wanted to know how producers like Knee Deep, Brian Tappert, Blaze and Grant Nelson create their beats and mix in the live bass. Their productions always have that punch that i wanted. How do they create that “live bass” sound and how they mix it in nicely with the mix? I wish there was a tutorial for this.[/quote]

I’m with you on this!!

A Deep House tutorial would be excellent, there seems to be quite a lot of interest so would be great if the SA lads could work on one

I’m sure this will get voted on in the very near future guys, but for now, keep the suggestions coming!

This would be awesome.

Love to learn more about deep house

i suggest checking out funkagenda’s tutorial- it was in future music but probably is on youtube. its a good start in terms of that deep house sound

yes not only ‘deep’ or ‘jazzy’, but just underground shi** 

yesterday i sent a mail to sonicacademy and they told me i should make a threat and find some people who would like a deephouse tutorial as well… now I see there already is a threat like that…! I think we should just send me mails again and again and ask for it…:D:D

and for a detroit-Techno tutorial as well by the way…:wink: