How To Sound Like.. Who Next?

Hi Guys!

So we have been keeping a close eye on all of your suggestions on what you would like to hear on the next How To Sound Like tutorial, and above is what we have mustered up.

I have tried my best to group them into categories, but if you think any of the categories need changing or names need moving, let me know!

So get voting!

bry

hey bry as we do these will the rest be left up to pick from next time as they are all good to me

also what is the one you are now finishing is it house

yeh, the rest will be available for after this one is decided!

i just finished up a TWOCKER one based on electro fidget house

bry

lush!!! we gonna be seeing it in the next few weeks??

sooner than that :wink:

nice one. oh and on the tech trance tutorial you misspelled the name is supposed to say nick larson not simon patterson lol

nice one bry an adam beyer tute would be cool man !:slight_smile:

You know, Format:B could be clumped in with the Techno group. Very few of their tracks these days sound minimal, and they sure don’t sound like dubfire! None the less, might be able to kill two birds with one stone if you can figure out a way to make the techno tut, and then explain how to strip it down to make it minimal. Like a super all encompassing techno tut. I know there’s a lot of ground to cover in techno, but the roots, sound design, and swing are all the same(IMO). You’re the boss though!

Raymond

I just realized that there’s not breaks in that poll!!! I know that you are covering the fidget bass Bry, but did Graham give up on the breaks tutorial? Or should we still be seeing that soon and that’s why there’s no vote? Thanks!

Raymond

disclaimer: not trying to bring up old sh!t, just recalling that there was quite a discussion about when, where, why, and how the breaks tutorial would be coming… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :wink: :wink: :wink:

yes also with out wanting to pull up old threads whats happened to the rest of the sonic team bry and phil are on fire and the other guys seem to of somewhat burned out along the way.

Well my vote goes for Simon Patterson. This man is all over the trance scene right now. A very diverse producer. Can deliver the uplifting, melodic trance, or the most filthy, driving tech trance. Would love to see a how to sound like on him, and seeing that he is from Northern Ireland, the same as you Phil, i think it would be very appropriate!

[quote]paa1605 (5/23/2009)[hr]Well my vote goes for Simon Patterson. This man is all over the trance scene right now. A very diverse producer. Can deliver the uplifting, melodic trance, or the most filthy, driving tech trance. Would love to see a how to sound like on him, and seeing that he is from Northern Ireland, the same as you Phil, i think it would be very appropriate![/quote]

cool, i always put simon down as a prog uplifting trance producer, didn’t really know he did tech as well

Well, if we’re going to get stuck with yet another electro house artist, can we at least have it in the likes of Feddy? I can’t fathom another electro/prog tut. It’s like nails on a chalkboard to me, and I feel like the lesson only applies to that type of music. And I feel like the Swedish tuts covered the proggy electro stuff really well(as well as the Deadmau5). Feddy would be a bouncy happy refreshing approach to electro house. Just my two cents, I know that the majority doesn’t and probably won’t agree with me on this… :wink:

Raymond :smiley:

I’m kind of surprised that the Trance didn’t beat out the electro house! We must have a bunch of new people, as I don’t recall anyone actually asking for more electrohouse other than the Feddy stuff… Yet, the polls don’t lie! :wink:

i was very surprised at the tehc trance one myself, seems like only last week nearly everyone was asking for a tech trance tut

Yeah im quite surprised  with the electro house vote it looks like a runaway vote … where are all the techno heads ?

only three votes ?:slight_smile:

doesn’t really matter what one comes next as bry already said they will eventually do everything off the list any way.

oh and bry when’s the one your working on gonna be posted up

Yeah, I’m craving this fidget gem we’re about to get!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Raymond

How about none of the above?

How about Dimmu Borgir?

im very surprised with the results myself!

i thought dubfire was a sure winner. going by the counts i had in requests for it!

twocker very very soon, keep ur eyes pealed

bry