How to sound like wonk

has anyone heard her stuff thats exactly wat i want to create an i bet most other people on here do,hope we can get some sort of video on it it would be great

haha im embarashed i came on here to learn stuff thinking my work wasnt up to scratch yet

Im honoured you feel its worthy tho thanx for taking time to check it out

• 1 for the sound like wonk

There ya go Wonk, you’ve now got a video project to do to cater for your new found fans/friends :wink:

yeah thats really a cool idea, love the sounds on myspace !

would def. want to see a video of you wonk doing your basslines on massive (or whatever synth) with your pitchbend stuff, midi programming and the crazy switches on end of sections/bars.

plz !!

:D:w00t:

Wonk FTW:)

Wonk you must do a tutorial. You are the cool. I was like who the hell is wonk and then I found your myspace page and was like oh cool, wonk wonk wonk. I’ll be listening to your music for a while. Thanks to the op for posting this.

The thing is, we could really do with a tutorial on Massive, it’s one of my fav plug ins.

Wonk you seem to have got fully compitent with it and I know i’d love to see you give a little video tut or even some text explination on usage and exploiting the plug in.

OR even if you could link to some recommended viewing or text for Massive mastery?

Yeah, I can wrap my mind around the synthesis, but I can’t even begin to figure out how you sequence your bass to make it sound so tight! It seems so simple, yet when I try to program something like that, it sounds like high speed dubstep!

Raymond

well im mega camera shy lol but i could give u guys a few pointers text wise if enough people want it perhaps it can be sorted out do a little thread and see if i can explain a few things to you guys

are there specific tracks that you guys are feeling the bass on that will help me to know which of the sounds ur trying to acheive

Get over the shyness. Your to good to be shy. SA should pay you to come to their location and make the next tutorial.

Please give us your tips. You are amazing at this.

Wonk,

I have an easy one for you. I understand what your doing to get your bass to sound the way it does synthesis wise. What I can’t wrap my mind around is your sequencing. How do you or any fidget artist go about sequencing your bass. It sounds so bouncy and tight, yet when I do it, it sounds cluttered and forced. For example, can you explain how you sequenced the bass in your track you just posted thats unsigned? That bass is all over the place yet so tight! bouncy bouncy bouncy!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks!

Raymond

The fidget tutorials did explain a lot, but it seems like there’s an easier way to achieve the same sound as you make it seem so effortless. With the countless number of releases you have out, you must have a formula or technique that you have developed by now!

Raymond :cool:

[quote]wonk (7/9/2009)[hr]well im mega camera shy lol but i could give u guys a few pointers text wise if enough people want it perhaps it can be sorted out do a little thread and see if i can explain a few things to you guys

are there specific tracks that you guys are feeling the bass on that will help me to know which of the sounds ur trying to acheive[/quote]

hey you don’t need to be in front of the camera. just use some screen grab software and a usb mic to tell us what you are doing. nothing to be shy about, i can promise you that no one on this site would say anything about the tutorial to embarrass you as we all want to pick your brains and would be super grateful for the tutorials.

Ok well for that one i have used massive for both the wobbles and the risers … ive sidechained the risers so that they are quiet when the kick hits

eveyrthing is placed on a line btu with teh owbbles i have not used the sync in massive i have done it loose so that i can get it to bounce just right

my basses are pretty simple the more you put in the more complicated and muddy they seem to sound

as for the tutorials ill def have a think not even got a mic myself yet but i could do with investing in one tbh so i may get one soon when i get some cash in from tunes

Ill have a new sample for you all soon aswell just remixed a will bailey track but sample cant go up till just before release

WoNK,

Perfect! That was just the tip I was looking for. I knew that there was something to getting it sounding just right. It never dawned on me to not trust the technology and get the bounce to sound right by ear. DUH! Thanks WoNK! Looking forward to hearing your new remix!

Raymond

thanx i got a few on the go along with some new collaborations that ill be showing samples off very soon … all slightly dif styles aswell just learning as much new stuff as i can

Just doing a collab using v station and its opened my eyes up alot to the sound you can get from it

[quote]wonk (7/10/2009)[hr]thanx i got a few on the go along with some new collaborations that ill be showing samples off very soon … all slightly dif styles aswell just learning as much new stuff as i can

Just doing a collab using v station and its opened my eyes up alot to the sound you can get from it[/quote]

v-station is a huge sounding synth if you spend time with it. and it also has a really nice sound imo i’ve had this for around 3 years now and love it to bits (now)

had for quite a while before i realized it’s potential.

its getting the time to learn isnt it i find that takes ages then u discover something and ur off using it for ages :slight_smile: i have a nice balance going with a few now so its good fun