I cant figure it out for the life of me!

[quote]bangthedj (13/11/2010)[hr]Problem with Trance is it has a tendency to go a bit ‘Kevin and Perry’. Which is a shame cos when it’s done well it’s good stuff.

This tune rocked my world in the 90s.

Psytrance does it for me more as it tends to have more of a driving hypnotic edge, which due to its name, is what I expect from Trance![/quote]

NOT TRANCE!

Hard house although first time rind techno djs played this

Pretty trancey hard house then.

Maybe I just don’t like any trance then, it’s entirely possible.

talking about hard house this was one of my fav’s back in the day:

still class if u ask me, puts a smile on my face :smiley:

this is trance…

It’s the euphoric vocally stuff that puts me off. The driving acid fueled stuff is grand.

That tune is good, but the breakdown onwards spoils it a bit for me, the intro/outro is much more my thing.

Anyway poor OP, been well and truly jacked. If I feel better in the morning I’ll try and take a look at that kick!

what on earth did my thread start?! haha!

anyone try to isolate the kick in the vid? or have any idea as to what “type” of kick it is?

Nope - Couldnt be bothered. That track was seriously awful.

You are seriously going to hell for this Thread J.HiZ.

Its not even one bit funny Man!! :hehe: :cool:

The clip @ the end - the outtakes. OMG. Morons.

[quote]J.HiZ (15/11/2010)[hr]what on earth did my thread start?! haha!

anyone try to isolate the kick in the vid? or have any idea as to what “type” of kick it is?[/quote]

[quote]ICN (15/11/2010)[hr]Nope - Couldnt be bothered. That track was seriously awful.

[/quote]

LOL don’t hold anything back mate :D:P

I thought this was your tune back in the day ICN?

This is where it’s at lads.

[quote]ICN (15/11/2010)[hr]Nope - Couldnt be bothered. That track was seriously awful.

[quote]J.HiZ (15/11/2010)[hr]what on earth did my thread start?! haha!

anyone try to isolate the kick in the vid? or have any idea as to what “type” of kick it is?[/quote][/quote]

HAHHA lord… it’s not the song / beat / whatever you want to call it im worried about. I am ONLY interested in the kick.

I repeat… I AM ONLY INTERESTED IN THE KICK.

would it make you all feel better if i picked an emo/trance euphoric song you all can get your glowsticks out and suck on lollipops to get you to help?

All in all, im trying to learn how to sample and isolate different instruments better. This kick was chosen because there isnt ever a time where the kick is being played by itself.

[quote]Mussi81 (13/11/2010)[hr]I’m not trying annoy the trance fairys with my comments!!

I to like trance and am a fairy at times :P[/quote]

Looks like you did annoy the trance fairies with your comments! Dont get me wrong, I do love my fair share of trance…

Sander van doorn : Spaceman (Transmission 2009 / Prague/ Best laser show) - YouTube

I partied my little heart out at this event last year when i lived in prague.

@J.HiZ

What do you want us to do for you Mate?

Are you asking us to get a kick from you tube for you?

Or, are you looking for us to purchase the track somewhere for you, to get the kick?

Let us know what you’ve managed to do so far. Post an example.

[quote]ICN (15/11/2010)[hr]@J.HiZ

What do you want us to do for you Mate?

Are you asking us to get a kick from you tube for you?

Or, are you looking for us to purchase the track somewhere for you, to get the kick?

Let us know what you’ve managed to do so far. Post an example.[/quote]

well in a perfect world, I want you to fly out and be my personal tutor :w00t:

I’ve been trying to get better familiar with isolating sounds I hear in different tracks and sampling them for use in tracks of my own. In the video i posted, I’ve been leveraging the tech tips on “isolating a kick drum” to see if I can get better at this technique however I have not been able to do so.

whether it be the kick from the video I posted originally or the snare from a trance track, I am having a hard time with how exactly does one isolate a sound and make it usable in other tracks, especially when that sound is layered underneath other sounds like a synth, or hat.

Listen Man,

Have you actually listened to that track? You have got more chance of getting a clean sample from them clicking their glasses, than that kick. Not all samples are suitable for ripping… you just have to accept it. Move on.

Now… I’ve been involved in some right pointless threads over the last while (Guys - vouch for what I’m saying here, havent I? :hehe: ), but this is my nomination for “Pointless Thread of the Year”.

You are asking for total strangers, situated all over the world, to help you rip a kick from YT - that is unsuitable for sampling? Like, anyone is going to waste their time doing something like that.

Honestly, if you want to sample stuff - buy .wav’s from Beatport or wherever & rip away. The quality of YT is muck.

The only reason why I’m going on about this is cos you are completely wasting your AND our time. If the Vid hadnt of been so bad, I doubt you would have got a reply.

Random & Ridiculous.

Here’s my tip. Why dont you contact those wankers in the Vid & ask them what kick they’re using & maybe scab the sample off them. Otherwise you are simply banging your head against the wall trying to rip sh!tty samples of YT. AND Kicks of all things. I dunno Man. Cant fathom your thought / decision making processes here at all. 

maby it's just me..... but apparently not after ICN's last post.

and for the record (ICN of course you post nonsense. its what makes you awesome..)

but to your point... :P

I never understood why ANYBODY would say (I want this kick from so & so track...)

I have the vengeance & xfer sample packs and maby its just me but there are like a thousand kicks in there, if not more. Pretty much every kinda kick you could imagine in there. Maby its me, but I am of the mind that you could take some of those kicks and make a similar kick with some layers/eq/filters easier then if u tried to slice out a kick and use it for a sample.

it just seems easier to do that then to slice out a kick from somebody else and use it.

i dunno :hehe:

I’ve ripped some cool samples from tracks over the last while.

But not every cool sound is rippable. Maybe its a personal thing - but I’ll only take what sounds cleanest. If it sounds fkd up - It cannot be possibly used.

I’ve heard lots of nice things that I would like to sample - but you just gotta let it go when its as mental as this.

Throw YT compression, and the app that you are gonna use to record it from YT through your internet browser & its pure sh!t.

Thats before, during & after all that rubbish that those fools have stuck on top of the kick. Theres a billion trillion bastard kicks desperate to be loved all over the net.

[quote]ICN (16/11/2010)[hr]Listen Man,

Have you actually listened to that track? You have got more chance of getting a clean sample from them clicking their glasses, than that kick. Not all samples are suitable for ripping… you just have to accept it. Move on.

Now… I’ve been involved in some right pointless threads over the last while (Guys - vouch for what I’m sayinghere, havent I?:hehe: ), but this is my nomination for “Pointless Thread of the Year”.

You are asking for total strangers, situated all over the world, to help you rip a kick from YT - that is unsuitable for sampling? Like, anyone is going to waste their time doing something like that.

Honestly, if you want to sample stuff - buy.wav’s from Beatport or wherever & rip away. The quality of YT is muck.

The only reason why I’m going on about this is cos you are completelywasting your AND our time. If the Vid hadnt of been so bad, I doubt you would have got a reply.

Random& Ridiculous.

Here’s my tip. Why dont you contact those wankers in the Vid & ask them what kick they’re using & maybe scab the sample off them. Otherwise you are simplybanging your head against the wall trying to rip sh!tty samples of YT.AND Kicks of all things. I dunno Man. Cantfathom your thought / decision making processes here at all.[/quote]

Goodness… talk about completely missing the point. This thread became pointless as soon as the trance heads began to open their mouths about the track itself.

Let me see if I can spell it out for everyone.

1. I am working on the technique of isolating and sampling kicks/sounds from other tracks. Understanding the new wave length that is formed with two instruments are played together, I was interested in learning how or if it’s even possible to split these wave lengths apart back into their two original signals once they’ve been played together.

2. the track I posted… was COMPLETELY RANDOM. I JUST so happened to be watching YT when I was watching the tech tip on isolating kicks. I chose because isolating that kick in that song was not straight forward as it shows in the tech tip so I thought it would make for a good exercise to learn from people who have experience sampling a bit more difficult sounds.

3. As I mentioned before, it it suits your fancy to pick another track or example from a genre you like, then by all means go ahead.

4. REPEAT - I could care less about the track, what it sounds like, or anything of that nature. I am ONLY interested in the technique/concept of how to isolate an instrument that is layered among others.

All in all, Looking at my original post, I can understand how one can be confused in what I was wanting to accomplish. Knowing that, seems like I am going to have to be extremely specific from now on… Lesson learned.

[quote]Goodness… talk about completely missing the point. This thread became pointless as soon as the trance heads began to open their mouths about the track itself.

[/quote]

I dont think Slender is a trance head mate! :stuck_out_tongue: :sick:

[quote]gofunk (17/11/2010)[hr][quote]Goodness… talk about completely missing the point. This thread became pointless as soon as the trance heads began to open their mouths about the track itself.

[/quote]

I dont think Slender is a trance head mate! :stuck_out_tongue: :sick:[/quote]

+1 and I think thats the 1st time I have ever agreed with one :wink: