I cant figure it out for the life of me!

We should do a “Pointless Thread of the Year” Poll @ the end of December & see how this does.

:smiley:

Or the best hijack of a thread - I think the techno lads would win hands down :stuck_out_tongue:

Haha!

Any thread could be a hijack. I was looking at a few like that last night :hehe:

5/6 posts before the “the usual” banter begins.

Love this site. Genuine laughs.

Eggs Fired Thread has to be #1 of all time!!!

[quote]slender (17/11/2010)[hr]Or the best hijack of a thread - I think the techno lads would win hands down :P[/quote]

+1 Million to this… haha!

BTW J.Hiz there is a tech tip on how to isolate a kick drum so go have a look at that… or maybe I should keep my big trance head mouth shut about that?? :Whistling: :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]gofunk (17/11/2010)[hr]BTW J.Hiz there is a tech tip on how to isolate a kick drum so go have a look at that… or maybe I should keep my big trance head mouth shut about that?? :Whistling: :P[/quote]

wow twice in a week i agree with you wayne :hehe::P:D

[quote]slender (17/11/2010)[hr][quote]gofunk (17/11/2010)[hr]BTW J.Hiz there is a tech tip on how to isolate a kick drum so go have a look at that… or maybe I should keep my big trance head mouth shut about that?? :Whistling: :P[/quote]

wow twice in a week i agree with you wayne :hehe::P:D[/quote]

lol first time for everything! :hehe:

[quote]gofunk (17/11/2010)[hr][quote]slender (17/11/2010)[hr][quote]gofunk (17/11/2010)[hr]BTW J.Hiz there is a tech tip on how to isolate a kick drum so go have a look at that… or maybe I should keep my big trance head mouth shut about that?? :Whistling: :P[/quote]

wow twice in a week i agree with you wayne :hehe::P:D[/quote]

lol first time for everything! :hehe:[/quote]

Hopefully the last :wink:

[quote]gofunk (17/11/2010)[hr]BTW J.Hiz there is a tech tip on how to isolate a kick drum so go have a look at that… or maybe I should keep my big trance head mouth shut about that?? :Whistling: :P[/quote]

Yeah I know, thats what stemmed this whole thread to be created in the first place. Push come to shove, I’ve realized that in no way shape or form can you isolate an instrument when other instruments are layered on top of it. Moot point at this juncture mate. thanks for the heads up though:D

Please lock this thread before someone goes insane! :slight_smile:

At the risk of being helpful/on topic, this does remind me of something Alex Blanco said at Producer sessions live.

Something along the lines of you’d be surprised by how much crap you can remove from a sample by filtering.

I can’t remember exactly, but was something like (in the case of a kick) put a low pass filter on it, lower the frequency down until all the artifacts (hi hats etc) have gone then gentle raise it to the max before they come back in, and then EQ the sound back up to the original amplitude.

I think that’s what it was, something like that anyway. Roben and jpgetty2win were there also, so maybe they can confirm?

Point being, you’d be surprised what you can salvage.

[quote]bangthedj (18/11/2010)[hr]At the risk of being helpful/on topic, this does remind me of something Alex Blanco said at Producer sessions live.

Something along the lines of you’d be surprised by how much crap you can remove from a sample by filtering.

I can’t remember exactly, but was something like (in the case of a kick) put a low pass filter on it, lower the frequency down until all the artifacts (hi hats etc) have gone then gentle raise it to the max before they come back in, and then EQ the sound back up to the original amplitude.

I think that’s what it was, something like that anyway. Roben and jpgetty2win were there also, so maybe they can confirm?

Point being, you’d be surprised what you can salvage.[/quote]

humm thats a good point, I never thought of that, tried to sample kicks a few time with hats on the end, an auto filter and some resampleing would hace fixed it!

Good tip there that is!

Who would have thought on this topic! lol

Typical of Bang hijacking a hijacked thread :smiley:

But interesting tip - but surely even with using filters etc you would never be able to totally lift a pure sound?

I am hazy on the specifics, but that is definitely the essence of it.

He seemed pretty enthusiastic about the results you could get anyway.

Well I think mac’s are just over priced pc’s

Abletons sound engine is not as good as Fruity Loops.

I would rather have a banana then a boiled egg

Socrates for the win

[quote]bangthedj (18/11/2010)[hr]At the risk of being helpful/on topic, this does remind me of something Alex Blanco said at Producer sessions live.

Point being, you’d be surprised what you can salvage.[/quote]

the only relevant post in this thread. thanks for the tip bang!

@Jiz - If you ever manage to get anything resembling a kick from that YT Clip… Please post.

I still for the life of me do not know why anyone would insist on taking a sample that was near on unusable… but there you go.

My next door neighbour has the painters in.