I want a Roland JP :(

After literally messing around with all the common so called trancy synths and trying to make about 100000 different supersaw leads and plucks i have finally come to the decision that nothing comes close to the actuall sound of a Roland JP8080. Theres just a certain brightness and a certain fizz you get, coupled with its filter and filter EG theres just something about it that no emulation comes close to.

Ive tried countless software synths along with some hardware and nothing i feel comes close to it. It just has that classic sound and i need it.

The cheapest ones ive seen is 400 euros and a friend of mine in the synth world says they are a synth that is going to see a second hand price increase so i think i need to strike soon. Ive decided that its definately going to be my next purchase, now i just need to try and save some damn money :frowning:

Just listen to these lovely demos…

http://www.vengeance-sound.com/soundsets-roland-xv12.html

I’ve got one. Spotless, with pristine Box, packaging, manual - everything.

I cant get drunk tonight, so I’m gonna smash it up in the garden later. I’ll post some Pics :smiley:

I really like it. HATE the trance saws, but theres some really fkn jawdropping pad sounds & atmospheres in it.

Extremely easy to program - Just like sylenth, 2 pages.

Slender said it to me already & he’s right - really fkn tinny sounding. Still cool though.

Yeah great pads and atmos - but I hated it

Talk about random completely wtf did i buy that for - just bought an KORG ELECTRIBE SMKII at half the going price :w00t:

[quote]slender (02/09/2011)[hr]

Talk about random completely wtf did i buy that for - just bought an KORG ELECTRIBE SMKII at half the going price :w00t:[/quote]

nice man!!

The red sampling one with the tubes?

Think people upgrade the tubes to make them sound better… worth checking out.

They’re 12ax7’s - but the the Electribe is starved plate - so seeing that the voltage aint there to begin with, not sure what the big improvement might be - but seriously worth investigating if there is a major Ommph increase :smiley:

Korg have an electribe forum too…

If you dont want it sell it to me. Guess I shouldnt of mentioned that they r going up in price lol…

I suppose when you make Techno the JP isnt really a synth that can do a lot for you but when you make trance this thing is the godfather.

Nah its the one that looks like a prop from Blakes 7 :smiley:

Still if it is a pile of poo I’ll sell it

Strip the bakelite from it & sell it - y’ll make more :slight_smile:

one question about the JP . can you just use different saturation and distortion plug ins to give that bright distortion you are looking for Jan ?

Nah i’ll save the bakelite if someone nicks my crack pipe :wink:

Confucius says “A mediocre producer is always looking for the next synth to make him great”

.[quote]slender (02/09/2011)[hr]Nah i’ll save the bakelite if someone nicks my crack pipe ;)[/quote]

Will never happen - Only a Doctor would go into the back of your pants Mate :smiley:

By that logic dom that would make anyone who has boaght more than one synth a mediocre producer…

Dom and Jan discussing logic - this should be good friday entertainment :smiley:

Its impossible to discuss logic with someone who has a turd instead of a brain…

We do it all the time… Thats called Karma Jan :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]slender (02/09/2011)[hr]Dom and Jan discussing logic - this should be good friday entertainment :D[/quote]

Bet I know more about Logic than Jan. Bet I could come up with the closest match to a Gigasaw with the ES2 than him :wink:

[quote]dom_moulton (02/09/2011)[hr][quote]slender (02/09/2011)[hr]Dom and Jan discussing logic - this should be good friday entertainment :D[/quote]

Bet I know more about Logic than Jan. Bet I could come up with the closest match to a Gigasaw with the ES2 than him ;)[/quote]

Popcorn ready - let the banter start :wink:

I reckon once you hear the Gigasaw Jan you won’t want a JP - especially in binaural mode. Just give me the nod and i’ll build it :wink: