Indecision

Bit of a nail biter today… I’ve got a chance of picking up a Roland JP8000.

I’d been dithering about on whether or not to make an offer… When I finally thought fck it, someone else had an offer accepted.

I’m second in line if he backs out of the sale. Will know later this evening if I have it or not. I’m really hoping the Guy doesnt go through with it for some reason.

Cant think about anything else. Terrible. Had to share it with y’all - Get it off my chest. Haha!

Anyway… Regardless: Heres the lesson.

Dont hesitate to do what you want, when you want -  Otherwise, you might regret it.

Roll the dice!

Hope I get it. If not I’ll keep looking. Doubt I would have got one as good as this though. It looks to be absolutely immaculate. Ahh… Fck it :hehe:

Hmm had a JD8000 many many years ago - ok for lush pad sounds

One of these Slender -

JD800 [url]http://www.vintagesynth.com/roland/jd800.php[/url]

or one of these?

JP8000 [url]http://www.vintagesynth.com/roland/jp8000.php[/url]

Never seen the JD800 before - Looks real hands on. Hear people complaining about (lack of) that with some of those Roland Synths. Looks like something from Battlestar Galatica

Yeah I did feel like spock - it was the JD800 - which was the same synth they used on TOTP when there was no live music

Still would not really rec to the likes of you or me :wink:

Had one of these though too

http://www.vintagesynth.com/roland/juno6.php

I feel a sad story coming on… :crying:

There might be one for me too if I come home with it! LOL

I plan on no more software - Well, apart from DAW Updates. But not buying anything. I have loads that I dont use. Its too expensive a hobby buying stuff you never use.

I know the JP has a Trance Rep… but I like that its got an full featured Arp, Ribbon controller & the Keys are velocity sensitive. And it looks to be laid out in a straightforward fashion. Nothing else that I’ve looked at comes close in terms of features.

Really just want to get my hands on something & make some sounds. :slight_smile:

LOL - ICN won’t be getting any for a week or so :hehe:;):P:)

Sorry - Forgot to say… I like that TAL UNO 60 synth that they have.

Know its a different synth… but it must have been nice having it.

[quote]slender (12/10/2010)[hr]LOL - ICN won’t be getting any for a week or so :hehe:;):P:)[/quote]

haha!

Great news… Shorter than usual! :slight_smile:

I get my Juno 106 this Thursday! Im also gonna go grab a few distortion pedals (fuzz and overdrive and whatnot) and run them through my patch bay for sound design. Im looking forward to that!

isnt roland just the best!

in my experience classic analogue hardware tends to go up in value, so if you want something buy it and if you dont like it, hold on to it for 6 months to a year and make some cash.

i bought an old roland 606 for £150 and sold it for £220! nice mark up

the thing is with software is it will never go up in price, you can sell it and transfer the licence and some money back but thats it. when a new version comes out you’ll get even less.

Cool Howie - Do you know if the voice chips are 100%?

Hear some people talking about how they can die. Something to look out for.

cool the 106 and sh101 are on my list but first im triming down some of the stuff that doesnt get used first

[quote]Mussi81 (12/10/2010)[hr]isnt roland just the best!

in my experience classic analogue hardware tends to go up in value, so if you want something buy it and if you dont like it, hold on to it for 6 months to a year and make some cash.

i bought an old roland 606 for £150 and sold it for £220! nice mark up

the thing is with software is it will never go up in price, you can sell it and transfer the licence and some money back but thats it. when a new version comes out you’ll get even less.[/quote]

Totally. Not just Roland - but anything. Completed Items on Ebay is a great indicator of what something is currently worth. Always worth scanning the local ads for a bargain.

On a completely separate note, I just read that Moog is coming out with a Moog Lil Phatty Slim rackmount. Its over $500 cheaper then the keyboard version.

That sounds awesome howie, I would definatley look into that

And heres a pic

Not bad for £500

looks phatty! :wink:

Yeah and I have just the space for it in front off my second monitor :slight_smile: - Unfortunatly not the cash

im horny for a little phatty right now:hehe:

LOL