Is anyone else having issues with streaming the tutorial videos?

For the past few weeks i started to notice issues with buffering tutorial videos on the site. My internet connection is fine and other streaming services working without this issue. But the Sonic Academy videos sometimes start to buffer every 5 seconds. The player quality is set to automatic and always picks 720.

Hey there @mnaqeeb

No issues on my end here ( I’m based in France ), the videos are not buffering. Have you tried using a different web browser ? Using Firefox on a Mac here.

Hey @Tekalight

I’m using Firefox on PC. but that’s a nice suggestion. I will try with Chrome and see if that makes a difference. Thanks buddy :slight_smile:

1 Like

@mnaqeeb I’m also having this kind of issue. I have 100Mbps optic fiber connection and no issues in any other streaming service.

The videos seem to work for like 30 seconds and then start to cut and change automatically between 1080p and 720p. I tried Firefox, Chrome and Brave in Mac.

Did changing browsers fixed it for you?

Hi @jpnavarromusic , changing the browsers didnt really help unfortunately
I don’t know how to fix this honestly. The videos are unwatchable because of this :frowning:

@jpnavarromusic @mnaqeeb

Is this happening on all S.A videos you’re watching or just some tutorials ? Do you guys also experience other drop down when watching other videos from YT or Vimeo ?

Other points to check would be if this is happening while watching the videos during peak time Internet activity : ( other people watching online videos, playing games…etc. ), if you’re connecting via Wifi, are you sure you’re not experiencing internal Wifi signal drop down ? Have you tried some testings using an Ethernet cable connection ? Cleaning web browsers cache and making sure they are up to date might be something to try as well and finally there’s also the computer & especially graphics specs involved when streaming online videos, again ( especially for Windows users ) are the graphics drivers up to date ?

Really hard to tell what could be the issue, I have no such problems here, have a 2 Gig Internet bandwidth from my ISP here ( but it’s not fiber, just what they call high ADSL ), connected via Ethernet cable using an Intel Core i7 with an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6143 MB graphics running both MacOS High-Sierra and Win Pro 10 since I’m using a Hackintosh. Mainly watching S.A tuts on the Mac side of things, and I’m able to watch full screen 1080 resolution videos without experiencing drop downs.

The other point is that if it was an issue on S.A side, there will be a lot more people reporting it then, which isn’t the case, so I will definitely try to check what’s happening locally, especially if using Wifi.

Hi @Tekalight

This is only happening to SA videos. I have not experienced this issue with any other streaming platform (YT, VIMEO, Netflex, etc). I did check my internet speed and it is also seems to be fine (206.68 Mbps download speed as per speedtest.net). I doubt my ISP throttling traffic to SA , so i’m really puzzled by this.

This is issue only started recently. i never had any problems watching videos on SA before.

3 Likes

@mnaqeeb

Thanks for the feedback and details, kind of weird issue TBH. Where are you located BTW ? ( Streaming the videos from France here ).

For S.A team → @bryan_spence would you have noticed any performances drop down on your side lately, issues with servers or ISP on your hand ?

It’s happening for Sonic Academy videos only. Other streaming services are working properly. I’m using a MacBook Pro, no dropouts in WiFi signal, no other issues that called my attention either. Only this issue with S.A.

It works for the first 3mins of a video or so, then starts to change back and forth between 720p and 1080p automatically and hangs for 8-10s, then plays 5-10s and hangs again.

I tried Safari, Chrome, Firefox and Brave. The behavior is the same in all browsers. I also tried reseting my wifi router, and other stuff, same behavior. It is W E I R D. Never experienced anything similar with any other service since the old days of 256k ADSL.

I’m connecting from ARG if that helps, 120Mbps download and 30Mbps upload per speedtest.net

@mnaqeeb seems to have the EXACT issue as me :confused:

1 Like

Hi guys

I’m going to do a test for you - our video service provider are transitioning to a new video provider backbone
can you let me know a specific course that causes you a problem and i will move it to the new platform

3 Likes

It’s happening for every course (in my case). But it’s more evident on the course Lo-Fi Hip Hop with Misc.Inc.

I tried with other synthwave tutorials and the problem is present too.

Thank you

1 Like

Any news on this? It’s still an issue for me. Seems like the issue is that is switching automatically to 720 while playing. If I keep switching back to 1080p it plays without cutting

@bryan_spence @jpnavarromusic I am suspecting this issue being caused by the player. Videos now are not starting at all and i’m getting this error message : “The player triggered an error”

Hi all - having the same issues. Have never really been able to access SA video content properly since I opened my account :frowning: Not just a recent issue. Living in Australia here.

Well in my case buffer is not the problem… player simply don’t work.

When I press play on any video I only get message in left corner “The player triggered an error”.

I have tried on two different programs, chrome an opera.

Fixe it guys I want to watch Mike Schiver course :wink:

same issue for me unable to view all content I tried

Same issue for me since yesterday, November 6th

Same problem here. Signed up for the free 7 day trial but none of the videos will play

Looks like there is an issue at the back-end :

error: "Playback has been stalled due to failure to retrieve encryption key from “https://goose.vzaar.com/v5/uspaes/t-M5UgRS6vWY/21367976.ism?ts=1604756024&s=yRWUgyHwtCLBAopcCX3jPBYL%2B5o%3D”
rs: undefined

Is there a place where we can notify the SA team about this so they can contact their streaming provider and ask them to fix this