Is anyone else having issues with streaming the tutorial videos?

Hey Everyone, we are aware of this problem today and we are working on a fix.

2 Likes

Guys we have the video player working again - you should be able to watch all courses now. So sorry for the interruption!

2 Likes

iā€™ve been given access to a new test server today, iā€™ll get one of the videos from the Lo-Fi course transferred across today - lets see if that helps your connection

1 Like

try this stream and let me know if there is any difference for you guys
@jpnavarromusic @mnaqeeb

2 Likes

thanks @bryan_spence . will check it out and report back

Hi @bryan_spence , that video played 1080 quality without any problems

2 Likes

and you still have problems on the current site?

@bryan_spence so far videos are playing ok on the main site.

Hey guys

Anyone else having trouble with viewing the videos?

Im in Aus and I have pretty good internet, streaming Netflix, YouTube etc not an issue.

However sonic academy is so slow and drops out all the time.

Iā€™ve tried streaming off of all different browsers (Firefox, edge, chrome etc), same properly every time.

If anyone has any advice or help that would be much appreciated.

1 Like

Hey there @rorycampbell

I moved your post to this already existing topic, please browse through the comments to catch up with the details about this issue :wink:

Could you please try to stream this video using the previous link posted by Bryan and report if youā€™re having issues compare to watching the video on the main site ?

Hi Tekalight

That link streams wayyy better than on the site.

For me the site either doesnā€™t load or doesnā€™t buffer quick enough.

That link to the lo fi video worked just fine

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback :wink:

Last week there was an issue with the video player but thatā€™s been solved, wondering if this is not location specific. Do you experience this only recently or was it already happening before ?

Anyway, Iā€™ve pointed this to S.A team, theyā€™ll have a look into it.

FYI : @bryan_spence

Happened ever since I signed up 6 months ago.

Im in Perth Western Australia

1 Like

FYI Im trying to do the Austin Hull tutorials so maybe they havenā€™t been moved over to the new server (also doing the future bass echo sound works course)

2 Likes

Any update on this @Tekalight @bryan_spence?

Having this same issue with Austin Hull courses too

1 Like

@rorycampbell @jpnavarromusic

Letā€™s try to narrow things down so that Bryan can take a further look into this. At the time this issue was pointed, S.A mentioned that they were having an issue with the video player, but this has been fixed, so might need to go to some troubleshooting & details again.

• What Austin Hull courses guys ? Since there are 3 tutorials from him ( HTM Pop, Redrum and Tech & Tips vol.39 ) and is it happening on all videos of the course or specific one(s).

• Have you tried to watch other courses as well and experienced the same issues ?

• Any other video buffering issues when streaming content from other sites in Europe or UK ?

@jpnavarromusic whatā€™s your location ? Are you also streaming from an Asian-Pacific country like Rory is ?

Im watching Redrum however this happens for all videos, always has done.

I think it may be a location thing, its been going on since I signed up to sonic academy 6 months ago. Sometimes the videos load, other times they donā€™t.

Like I said before internet is at good speed and I donā€™t have any other issues streaming from other websites. (Iā€™ve also tried streaming sonic academy through safari, Firefox and edge with all the same issues).

Hope this helps.

Iā€™m streaming from Argentina. Iā€™ve described the problems Iā€™m having several times in this very same thread, but just in case:

1. Iā€™m trying to watch How To Make Pop with Austin Hull, but Iā€™ve experienced this issue with every course in the platform. Tried with Misc.Inc LoFi course, synthwave with Timecop1983 and several others.
  2. I donā€™t have any issues streaming from other services like YouTube, Netflix, Spotify, TIDAL. The only platform which is failing to work fine is Sonic Academy.
  3. My speed test: 120Mbps download and 30Mbps upload per speedtest.net
  4. The problem goes like this: It works for the first 3mins of a video, then starts to change back and forth between 720p and 1080p automatically and hangs for 8-10s, then plays 5-10s and hangs again. Sometimes even more.
  5. I tried Safari, Chrome, Firefox and Brave. The behavior is the same in all browsers. I also tried reseting my wifi router, and other stuff, same behavior.
1 Like

@rorycampbell @jpnavarromusic

Thank you for those info again guys and sorry for the bother but I think itā€™s not gonna be an easy one, and as Rory mentioned, Iā€™m also afraid it could be region related with the broadband service being unstable especially during peak times like evenings and weekends. For the other side of things and the video service provider back-end and streaming debit & performances, thatā€™s S.A team part, so theyā€™ll have a look at this again and hopefully will give you guys some feedback soon.