Is anyone else having issues with streaming the tutorial videos?

Today this video works fine, I really want to help with is issue but as you can understand I cant spent so much time on watching again and again if a video works. The linked videos worked fine. I really appreciate your time and your efford in order to solve this problem. But I just want to complete the course and receive the services that I paid for. I’ve tried all the settings that you said in the previous comments about, updating drivers etc. Today I tried to watched Tutorial 07 - Chorus Synth and Sound Design and at some point the video stopped again. I was waiting but nothing happend the video started from the begging. So I m not sure on what to do. Do you have an estimation if this problem could fix at least as a preliminary solution for this course or if you can estimate of when this problem will be solved? I know that this is a complicated thing and although I appreciate your efford, if there is no estimation or at least a preliminary solution I would like to ask for a refund, althought its somethning that I dont want to.

@bryan_spence its all the videos all the time

link me whatever video you like and it will cut out and not load, meanwhile YouTube and Netflix are cranking in my house with no issues.

The verse sound design link was okay, didn’t work twice, worked once which is pretty standard.

Its not a specific video issue it seems to be an issue with Vzaar.

@rorycampbell did you try any other direct links i sent above?

If you could be as descriptive as possible for me with the issue
i.e. you say it was ok but go on to say it didn’t work twice and worked once
But what’s not working when you say that?

• Is the video starting its playback and then stopping?
  • does scrubbing to a further point in the video resume the playback?
  • or does it just never start ?
  • or when it stops does it never resume without a refresh
  • if you refresh does it play fine (i.e. that could indicate caching at your end point)

Hello! I’m testing the 7 days free and liking the options of tutorials but I need help with a problem… every video has buffering problems and I don’t think it’s my internet since it’s the only place I get this problem. I made a speed test and it gave me 5ms of ping and 120mb/s. I use prime, netflix, youtube, mubi, and a lot of other online courses and they are all right, but here the videos load 2 minutes and then stop for like 5 seconds, play for another 10 secs, stop for 5, etc

Any possible solution?

Hi there @leonardolaprano

Moved your topic to this one since it’s regrouping those issues. If you browse through the posts you’ll get the full follow up about this problem with video streaming. This specific post resumes what’s going on.

Where are you located BTW ?

Videos never load, or I have to refresh 20 times to get them to load. Then when they finally do play, it buffers really slowly then drops out. On the odd occasion it will load fine, but this is a rarity.

I’m experiencing this frequent buffering and have also put in a ticket for this issue. I have realised this is due to the HD content which requires extremely high bandwidth. Sadly. not all of us have access to such high bandwidths. For me SA videos buffer constantly whereas I have no problem playing videos from the many other sites. Clearly this is not a browser or computer issue.

Continuing the discussion from Buffering problems:

Videos from almost all other sites play perfectly well but on the SA site it constantly goes into rebuffer. After analysing the many options, I have arrived at the following conclusion -
The SA videos require higher than normal bandwidth as they are all HD videos having either 800p or 1200p framerates. This setup requires a high bandwidth which not many will have. Hence the buffering issue.

A simple suggestion to this is to offer more framerate options without HD quality. Even a regular 760p, 1080p will suffice without the HD content.

I hope this will be implemented to prevent future dropouts from the channels. Currently I’m on the verge of giving up using SA due to this issue.

Until this is solved, could the team behind SA provide us an alternate youtube viewing option?

Hey there @Tau7ty6

Moved your post into this already existing topic which is the one summing up those issues. As explained in this topic, all S.A tutorials videos should be moved to a new server backbone infrastructure from their streaming content provider. As you can imagine, this simply can’t happen overnight and it’s going to take some time. Please check this specific post for more details.

An alternative way to watch content on YT or having to re-encode / re-upload all videos to offer different quality settings would take edges & is not a satisfying long term solution IMHO. Most of the time, resuming the video playback or playing back the video from start will solve the buffering issues, which is of course annoying but the real issue is for users that can’t even watch the content, this seems to especially affect users in the Pacific region. In such case, S.A can proceed to a refund as explained in the above mentioned post.

For all other users that are experiencing buffering problems, please be patient and let’s wait for a proper solution that will fix this issue for everyone :wink:

1 Like

The video issues haven’t been resolved yet. I’m still facing pauses every few seconds for the videos to buffer. I can still see only two bitrate options of 800 HD & 1200 HD. Both these require very high bandwidth. Can you please provide a lower 760p & 1080p minus the HD please?!

Hi,just recently I have been experiencing problems with play back of SA vids.Its saying player triggered an error?any ideas peeps?

what course are you experiencing that with?

Everyone dude,I installed a new browser for a free plugin,been checked by Norton.Was safe to use,have unistalled the bar browser,restarted,all the shebang!no Joy?

Just tried it for the tenth time,working now dude.Soo no worries.Sorted on I go.typicall.Thx for response know you must be swampted!

I am also having issues (with SA videos only, Youtube etc work fine)… I am currently trying toi stream one and I just get the spinning wheel indefinately. I have watched others that stop and start which kinda make the experience a bit painful to watch to be honest.

My system specs are:

macOS10.15.7
Chrome Version 99.0.4844.51
Just did a speed test which returned 27.7 Mbps download

Also based in New Zealand not that that should have any affect, but just FYI

Hi there @nila

There’s a basic check list you may want to look at on the support page here

Also :

• Have you tried to restart your router and computer and clean your web browser caches as well as trying to use a different web browser to check if that makes any difference ?

• If you’re streaming the videos on a computer connected on a local Wifi Network, is it possible for you to try a direct Ethernet wired connection to ensure it is not a Wifi perfomances issue ?

Should you still run into buffering issues when trying to stream videos on the website, then please shoot an email to support with the following details :

The support email is mailto:customerservice@sonicacademy.com

Thank you.

Buffering every couple of seconds.
Not just this video. All videos on this website are almost unwatchable at the moment. (regardless tutorials are good or bad)

Even though i’m in Murica USA , not somewhere in Europe , but it’s too much.
(Of course, My internet connection/speed is good enough to watching youtube or twitch or whatever on 1080p or more without any issues)

Hi there @prtkiprtki2

Moved your post to the Technical Support category since it’s a general issue and not specific to 1 video course.

S.A staff is aware of some issues with videos streaming at the moment and they are working on this.

If you’re still experiencing buffering problems, then best is to report this to CS as mentioned in the previous post.

Let them know your Country + IP address in your email.
Ideally a video showing how severe the buffering is at your end.
They’ll send you a link to run some speed test to their video hosting platform.

Thank you.

Hi guys

Can you all update me on whether you are still experiencing issues with the streaming?
Our provider has assured us that it has been addressed.

In the meantime we are moving some videos across to a new server to test their performance
the following courses are on the new server

But if you could confirm whether streaming has improved elsewhere