Is anyone else having issues with streaming the tutorial videos?

Thank you, I appreciate that. It’s super painful experience at this point.

1 Like

Hey guys any update on this? Not to sound like a dick but im paying for a video streaming service that doesn’t stream videos lol

2 Likes

The streaming problem is still there. Just earlier i was watching the new Additive Synthesis Tutorial, the first 4 videos played fine but then i started video # 5 and the issue started to happen again. buffering every few seconds. This is making it completely unwatchable :frowning:

1 Like

I had heaps of trouble last night, switched from Firefox to Chrome and had no problems

EDIT: Actually im having massive issue today. Super frustrating, definitely not my connection as a speed test came in at 26mbps. Even going down to 720p isn’t helping.

I’m in Melbourne. Everything works fine except Sonic Academy. Did a speed test and got 26mbps… I think their website might be overloaded?

Right now guys the issue seems to be very specific to Australia.

I’ve been working in the background about the possibility of moving to a new server backbone but it is not a simple switch - we would have to move the entire video library. And the system we are moving to is not ready for us.

One temporary thing we could do is put more recent content on the newer servers but it’s not a proper long term solution.

If anyone is finding the content completely unwatchable and cannot wait for a solution you can drop a message to customerservice@sonicacademy.com

We will refund any downtime you’ve experienced because of it.

——
If you want to help - I could use an exact video that is causing a reproducible problem for you guys - I would like to test a direct link to the content to see if that is any different

What I would say is if you find the issue comes out of nowhere after some successful videos - refresh the page and play again - as the video may not yet be cached at your local end point.

1 Like

Hello, I’m new here and I have the same problem, videos are buffering so much , they are just cut and stop. I have a fast speed internet connection , and Im using ethernet cable, so thats not the problem. Please Help because I cant follow the course I want, because of this issue. For example at Tutorial 06 - Chorus Percussion video stops after the first 0.27 seconds then after some time start from the beggining and stop at the same time spot.
Im using Google Chrome and the course is Pop with Austin Hull. Location: Greece
Thank you in advance.

Liana

Pop with Austin Hull- Please <3

1 Like

Still no change or reply to my email.

Red Rum with Austin Hull is one Im having trouble with

any particular video you can point me to?

@Liana_Gk
can you try this video link directly for me to see if you still get the issue
https://vzaar.com/videos/19776016

@rorycampbell - any particular video?
heres one Dacast Backoffice

@mnaqeeb - can you try this video
https://app.vzaar.com/videos/22311014

@jpnavarromusic - can you try this
https://app.vzaar.com/videos/19776120

again it would be better if everyone can give me a specific video - as the issue can be related to a specific video at times and it makes it easier to hone in on the issue

2 Likes

@bryan_spence
https://vzaar.com/videos/19776016
This link works fine to me. Thank you. So maybe you could do this for the whole pop course please ?

as i say its really more than just that video working or not - it needs to be one you are having an issue with
so that video is on our website here

can you check to see if it also plays well or if there is an issue?

Today this video works fine, I really want to help with is issue but as you can understand I cant spent so much time on watching again and again if a video works. The linked videos worked fine. I really appreciate your time and your efford in order to solve this problem. But I just want to complete the course and receive the services that I paid for. I’ve tried all the settings that you said in the previous comments about, updating drivers etc. Today I tried to watched Tutorial 07 - Chorus Synth and Sound Design and at some point the video stopped again. I was waiting but nothing happend the video started from the begging. So I m not sure on what to do. Do you have an estimation if this problem could fix at least as a preliminary solution for this course or if you can estimate of when this problem will be solved? I know that this is a complicated thing and although I appreciate your efford, if there is no estimation or at least a preliminary solution I would like to ask for a refund, althought its somethning that I dont want to.

@bryan_spence its all the videos all the time

link me whatever video you like and it will cut out and not load, meanwhile YouTube and Netflix are cranking in my house with no issues.

The verse sound design link was okay, didn’t work twice, worked once which is pretty standard.

Its not a specific video issue it seems to be an issue with Vzaar.

@rorycampbell did you try any other direct links i sent above?

If you could be as descriptive as possible for me with the issue
i.e. you say it was ok but go on to say it didn’t work twice and worked once
But what’s not working when you say that?

• Is the video starting its playback and then stopping?
  • does scrubbing to a further point in the video resume the playback?
  • or does it just never start ?
  • or when it stops does it never resume without a refresh
  • if you refresh does it play fine (i.e. that could indicate caching at your end point)

Hello! I’m testing the 7 days free and liking the options of tutorials but I need help with a problem… every video has buffering problems and I don’t think it’s my internet since it’s the only place I get this problem. I made a speed test and it gave me 5ms of ping and 120mb/s. I use prime, netflix, youtube, mubi, and a lot of other online courses and they are all right, but here the videos load 2 minutes and then stop for like 5 seconds, play for another 10 secs, stop for 5, etc

Any possible solution?

Hi there @leonardolaprano

Moved your topic to this one since it’s regrouping those issues. If you browse through the posts you’ll get the full follow up about this problem with video streaming. This specific post resumes what’s going on.

Where are you located BTW ?

Videos never load, or I have to refresh 20 times to get them to load. Then when they finally do play, it buffers really slowly then drops out. On the odd occasion it will load fine, but this is a rarity.