Isp

hello lovely peoples

moving house very soon and gonna get a proper internet connection this time instead of this sh!ty (and expensive!) pay as you go dongle BS…

so wondered if anyone could recommend a good ISP. dont wanna sign up to one thats gonna block me half way thru streaming the SA vids tellin me ive dloaded too much today so were capping you etc…

cheers :smiley:

O2 all the way - really is unlimited, only gone down once and they even text you too say they are dealing wuth the problem and 15 quid a month - oh yeah rhey offered mr first 3 months free twice

Only thing is I don’t think your allowed internet in Broadmoor :stuck_out_tongue:

I have Orange Broadband, but that only because I have a contract phone with them :slight_smile:

£5 a month, Unlimited DL, NEVER had downtime with them or any problems and its also 8MB connection, in which I get 6MB because I live really close to the exchange.

cheers guys. anyone know of anyone i should steer clear of?

I’m back with O2, as i’m with O2 anyways as my mobile provider i get a discount on the broadband so it’s only £7.50.

Stay MASSIVLY clear from: Virgin and Talk Talk.

[quote]Roben (31/01/2011)[hr]
Stay MASSIVLY clear from: Virgin and Talk Talk.[/quote]

+1 (Edit: This doesn’t really make sense, I meant +1 to stay clear of Talk Talk, Virgin I have no problem with :smiley: )

I use Plusnet and I think they are ok. If you are going to get Sky, then I would look into Sky broadband. Or if Virgin have good speed in your area I would take a look at them as well, they do up to 50Mb!

if you have sky TV then sky unlimited broadband is free and properly unlimited

I have Virgin and it’s never gone down, and I get a tidy 12meg solid all the time, no limits etc.

Probably a tad more spendive than some of the phone line operators, but ok if you’re having the telly as well.

[quote]chekka (31/01/2011)[hr]if you have sky TV then sky unlimited broadband is free and properly unlimited[/quote]

+1 on the Sky front, TV, Broadband & Phone for a good price, unlimited downloads - I downloads loads n loads and never have issues. Customer services it good too.

Stay the hell away from Virgin, total nightmare.

Its only like £10 a month, and the TV is like £16.50 or something so if you considering TV as well Sky is the way to go.

I hate Murdoch though so I will never subscribe to Sky - and Virgin are pretty useless especially their customer service

[quote]bangthedj (31/01/2011)[hr]I have Virgin and it’s never gone down[/quote]

Is that a joke? Lol

Thanks for all the input guys

[quote]jpgetty2win (31/01/2011)[hr][quote]bangthedj (31/01/2011)[hr]I have Virgin and it’s never gone down[/quote]

Is that a joke? Lol

Thanks for all the input guys[/quote]

So which massage parlour are your pimps moving you too? And more importantly do we get a discount?

of course, we have a friends and family discount. the new place im going to be working at is in New Cross, alot more up market from where i am now :w00t:

[quote]jpgetty2win (31/01/2011)[hr]of course, we have a friends and family discount. the new place im going to be working at is in New Cross, alot more up market from where i am now :w00t:[/quote]

Having lived in New Cross myself, you must be living in Dalston now :stuck_out_tongue:

Nothing wrong with the ‘Murder Mile’

[quote]bangthedj (31/01/2011)[hr]Nothing wrong with the ‘Murder Mile’[/quote]

Funny enough when I was living in New cross - there were more shootings on The Old Kent Road than anywhere else in the country put together - fun times :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]jpgetty2win (31/01/2011)[hr]of course, we have a friends and family discount. the new place im going to be working at is in New Cross, alot more up market from where i am now :w00t:[/quote]

Where are you now?!? I mean, New Cross has an edgy charm about it, and it is quite a lively place to live, but I never thought of it as up market. :smiley:

I always liked living in New Cross and Deptford

Virgin are terrible, sure they offer all the fancy speeds at an ok price, but A: you rarely get that speed due to sht lines / contention ratio and B: If you ever need tech support you have to pay £1.50 per minute to speak to a monkey who can’t speak english and knows fck all about anything technical apart from the script infront of their face.

Worst ever company i’ve ever had the misfortune of being with. They were brilliant when they were Telewest, went downhill when it got bought over.

Fair enough, though that’s not my experience at all.

I always get full promised speed, and that’s been maxed out regularly. I’ve never had to call customer services for their internet (because its always been fine) and when I have had to do so (for the TV service once) they offered to call me back as soon as they answered so that I didnt have to pay.

My telewest was up and down like a whores drawers when I has that back in Bristol.

Jus sayin’

I’m not /that/ far from New Cross either