Krk systems ergo

as above really, anyone used anything likes this? is it worth getting? it would seem to be a good cheaper alternative to acoustic treatment… hummm I wonder

[img]/uploads/default/original/2X/1/1829a8b1ed539dbdef290664f0614a49ca66d935.jpg[/img]

[url=http://www.krkergo.com/]http://www.krkergo.com/[/url]

I think I’m almost sold on this one after watching all the vids on krk’s page… I now wonder if there is anything cheaper that will do the same job my room is crappy!

Dont know about it Mate…

Sorry to hijack your thread… But something that I’ve wondered was:

If you were to get something like Logic’s Match EQ (Think theres one in Waves thats similar?)

Get an IR of your room.

Stick the EQ on the master channel, load in the IR & then minus it a bit from your signal.

Does / would it do the same thing? Dunno - Obviously a bit more to it than that I’m sure :)

thats interesting mate, humm something to look into maybe

Haha! Its definitely interesting - but whether or not its right is another thing! :wink: :smiley:

I’ve often meant to try it - but never got around to it. I’m sure the basic premise operates on the same idea… only a bit fancier.

that looks (from the promo vid) like absolute genius

does it really work ( im assuming as its krk its pretty good)

but 500 is a lot - however could you fix your studio/bedroom acoustically for 500 plus a lot of work?

“If any large structures in the room change we always advice spending 15-20 minutes re-calibrating using ERGOCal.”

if you put on 5 stone :smiley:

Looks really good but £500 is a lot of money, lets be honest.

hench why I’m looking at a shop in the US where I can get it for $340/£211!! + VAT and shipping so about £280 I figure.

Appealing now?

Way cheaper then treatment

Check out hollywooddj.com mate, I’m waiting to find out if they will ship to the UK or if Im gonna have to get someone to send it.

That’s not bad actually, would be great to hear from someone who’s had first hand experience of the Ergo.

[quote]Roben (27/02/2011)[hr]That’s not bad actually, would be great to hear from someone who’s had first hand experience of the Ergo.[/quote]

Yep Wayne’s now the official SA guieni pig

Get treatment dude. It might be good to get with treatment, but there is no substitute for a properly treated room.

[quote]Roben (27/02/2011)[hr]That’s not bad actually, would be great to hear from someone who’s had first hand experience of the Ergo.[/quote]

+1

looks interesting, wonder how well it works? would like to see some before and after shots a spectrum analyzer

Was talking to my tutor today about this, he recons getting proper sound treatment is definitely better than getting this.

The thing with these things is that all they’re doing is EQing frequencies to try deliver a flat response, however it will only end up causing different frequency issues because your room still needs treating.

It got me thinking, doesn’t matter what professional studio you go too, you’ll always find it’s professionally treated. If the professionals are treating their room, then so should you really.

So in a nutshell, spend your money treating your room instead…

maybe but this thing has 1024 filters on it so I would hope it could do a pretty good job and Lyngdorf Audio are the leaders in this kinda thing, I have no doubts it works.

[quote]gofunk (01/03/2011)[hr]maybe but this thing has 1024 filters on it so I would hope it could do a pretty good job and Lyngdorf Audio are the leaders in this kinda thing, I have no doubts it works.[/quote]

Wayne, you are undoubtedly set on getting it, so why ask for an opinion? I have not heard one good thing from a pro about this specific piece of gear. When I first brought it up, they said to get treatment. I personally dont care if it has a million filters! Just get it if you want it so bad. Either that or you just got hired by KRK to be their spokesperson.

Just so we know my take. (I never thought I would say this)… I agree with Roben. Its complete garbage (my take, not Robens).

Roben have you hacked howies account??!? Lol :slight_smile:

haha.

Actually shocked Howie’s agreeing with me for once :laugh:

First time for everything :wink:

I ask to see what people think Howzer… I must say I am thinking twice about it now.

I’ll look into treatment before I decide… anyone offer any advice on where to start?