Logic Pro X

I find Automation in Logic great because you can snap everything to the grid, and also you have the option of using curves rather than just straight lines, so it makes the automation really nice and flexible.br
br
Also i just think it looks good - the nice bright yellow lines are really easy to follow and clear!br
br
I like the way the automation is displayed right under each track, and the way that you toggle the display of the automation on and off using the A key. Again, on their own these seem like quite small things - but added together they just make for a more enjoyable and productive experience!br
br
Regarding arrangement, again it’s just things that seem small, but added together do make a difference. Like for example, the way you can so easy loop entire segments of tracks, by grabbing the edge of the clip and dragging to the right. And i always loved the loop bar in Logic and the way it’s displayed, and all the different colouring you can use for different types of sounds in your tracks.br
br
I came to Logic originally from Reason 3 - so it was a big step up for me at the time to have these things.br
br
It’s just personal preference - these days, all the DAW’s are really good and effectively do the same thing - so i guess it’s just whichever one you are most comfortable and inspired with.br
br
So i think things like which one you like the look of most can make a difference.

Curves are in live 9 now, I find lives looping better as u don’t get the greyed out section like in logic and then u need to turn them into real copies. br
br
Everything can be coloured in live differently too