New Release

[quote]howiegroove (24/09/2010)[hr][quote]Subject 1 (24/09/2010)[hr][quote]howiegroove (24/09/2010)[hr]Nope… Changing my sound a bit actually.[/quote]

I bought it just to hear the drop :D[/quote]

What did you think?[/quote]

It made it into my Ipod and not to many tracks do :smiley:

It sounded Epic!

Its so full of energy!

thank you very much! Im happy you like it man!

[quote]howiegroove (24/09/2010)[hr]Nope… Changing my sound a bit actually.[/quote]

This is what I meant to reply “Bangra” to!

Gabber???

congratulations howie i really like it its been said before but i cant belive beatport cut off the drop how annoying is that!!!..

Howie , finally out there bro ! WELL DONE DUDE :smiley:

How’s that for support i paid for them even though i’ve had copies of all versions for quite some time now :slight_smile:

by the way also keep an eye out for rob stern, he’s super talented.

well done Howie, will put thru checkout on my next spending spree :slight_smile:

[quote]seanl (26/09/2010)[hr]well done Howie, will put thru checkout on my next spending spree :)[/quote]

Thank you buddy! Greatly appreciate it!

Wow Finally a release here on a Major Label (Armada) ! Way to go Howie !!

What? Cuts before the drop! Weak :confused:

But sounds good howie. Might buy this just so I can hear the drop :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]onetwoseven (29/09/2010)[hr]What? Cuts before the drop! Weak :confused:

But sounds good howie. Might buy this just so I can hear the drop :stuck_out_tongue:

[/quote]

Hey dude, I just uploaded the full track to my soundcloud. You are more then welcome to check out the link below to listen to the full track.

[quote]howiegroove (29/09/2010)[hr][quote]onetwoseven (29/09/2010)[hr]What? Cuts before the drop! Weak :confused:

[/quote]

Hey dude, I just uploaded the full track to my soundcloud. You are more then welcome to check out the link below to listen to the full track.[/quote]

Nice! Like it mate! Just bought :wink:

[quote]addy.hn (27/09/2010)[hr]Wow Finally a release here ona Major Label (Armada) ! Way to go Howie !![/quote]

Just because I’m feeling a bit pedantic today :stuck_out_tongue:

Although Armada are huge label in the dance scene, they are not a Major. There are only 4 major labels. They are made up of lots of subsidiary labels but there are only 4 majors. Every other label is know as an independent label, including Armada.

Record label - Wikipedia

I think it was meant to be figurative, not so much literal, but whatevs. No worry, right?

But I think there are 5 majors (correct me if Im wrong)

EMI Music, BMG Music, Sony, Universal Music, Warner Chappell.

[quote]howiegroove (29/09/2010)[hr]I think it was meant to be figurative, not so much literal, but whatevs. No worry, right?

EMI Music, BMG Music, Sony, Universal Music, Warner Chappell.[/quote]

In 2004 Sony and BMG merged to form Sony BMG so now there are only 4 majors.

Last week they collectivly made up for 91% of worldwide album sales.

[quote]howiegroove (29/09/2010)[hr]I think it was meant to be figurative, not so much literal, but whatevs. No worry, right?

Yeah I know, like i said feeling a bit pedantic today lol.

Sony bought BMG in mid 2000’s I think, so only 4 now. Its all in the link I posted.

Like you said no worries :p, congrats on the release.

You got any more in the pipe line?

[quote]onetwoseven (29/09/2010)[hr][quote]howiegroove (29/09/2010)[hr]I think it was meant to be figurative, not so much literal, but whatevs. No worry, right?

Yeah I know, like i said feeling a bit pedantic today lol.

Sony bought BMG in mid 2000’s I think, so only 4 now. Its all in the link I posted.

Like you said no worries :p, congrats on the release.

You got any more in the pipe line?[/quote]

No worries bro. I was wrong…sorry :frowning:

Yeah, I always have stuff working. I am starting to make electro, but really hard distorted Justice style electro. I really believe its difficult to make and I think I know enough about production to make it effectively, so Im gonna give it a shot. I also have another prog house tune that is about 90% done that I got bored with, so Im giving it a few more days to come revisit it.

I am also getting some tutoring from my friend and he is making me study sampling and hip hop, so Im gonna get beat down with making that stuff. Should be interesting.

[quote]howiegroove (29/09/2010)[hr]

No worries bro. I was wrong…sorry :frowning:

Yeah, I always have stuff working. I am starting to make electro, but really hard distorted Justice style electro. I really believe its difficult to make and I think I know enough about production to make it effectively, so Im gonna give it a shot. I also have another prog house tune that is about 90% done that I got bored with, so Im giving it a few more days to come revisit it.

I am also getting some tutoring from my friend and he is making me study sampling and hip hop, so Im gonna get beat down with making that stuff. Should be interesting.[/quote]

No need for apologies bro :slight_smile:

Electro I think is one of the hardest genres to get right. My production is no where near up to that standard yet. Love the sorta bouncey style jack beats have in some of their productions. Would love to be able to make tunes like them

Its cool that your making stuff in a few different genres. Bet it helps with getting new idea and production skills right?

So you’ve switched to logic now right? Is that what you used for this remix? Or you using ableton as well?

Im back and forth between both. This track was made in Ableton. The other prog track is in Logic. The electro stuff is in Ableton. Its alot quicker for me to get my ideas down and my automation is bonkers.