New trance tutorial, (progressive, uplifting)

hi guys. firstly, got to say ive found all of your tutorials really helpfull, especially the progressive house in ableton with phil johnstone. its also interesting trying out other different genres than id usually just stick to creating.

however,

i would love a new trance tutorial. preferably in ableton and the type of progressive, uplifting sub genre.

the last trance tutorial you guys made was the techy style, which was good, but maybe a bit dated for the popular trance styles that are today.

it must be hard to keep covering every style and keeping everybody happy. just thought this might be of help.

they style im after is a 130 - 135bpm, really progressive and uplifting melody. with the big room feel and a constant flowing atmospheric vibe.

heres a few tracks of this style i would love to see how they make.

MAT ZO - NEAR THE END.- YouTube

COSMIC GATE - BARRA Cosmic Gate - Barra (Official Music Video) - YouTube

SUPER8 + TAB - BLACK IS THE NEW MELLOW.

thanks guys, keep up the good work

dan

Hey welcome to the forums!

Get involved in this thread and link up the tunes you’d like. You can do this by going to youtube then right clicking on the video then left clicking on ‘copy embed HTML’, then just paste into your SA message.

[url=http://forums.sonicacademy.com/Topic43453-13-1.aspx]http://forums.sonicacademy.com/Topic43453-13-1.aspx[/url]

Long time lurker non poster here.

just signed up to http://trancemusicmastery.com/

was kind of hoping sonic would do a series of trance tutorials as i would have subscribed but as they’ve said the demand here is more for techno and other basic stuff.

so if you are into trance the above link might be worth a look?

fair enough. i dont know how true that is, ’ here’d nothing direct. however i can understand that, as they are the main/ popular genres in the industry at the moment.

which for me is no biggie. trance is just my favourite genre of dance music, as most of the elements take me away to that special place lol.

but seriously,… as a “general dance music lover” i’m in to most styles… and the popular, housey/ techy progressive vibe is up there for me, and i would also love to see more of those tutorials for ableton.

i think sonic have got a great thing going on here, and i’m willing to keep using them so long as they keep posting detailed tutorials which is currently helping me create some great stuff i may not be able to achieve as good otherwise.

i think tomorrow i may post a new request for tutorials, including those more popular genres that suite more of the general users, which i’m loving, and would be interested in, to learn how to create. :slight_smile:

Lol if we had all the different threads asking for trance put into one thread we would rival the minimal tech thread. For some reason us trance fans arent as efficient as the techno peeps.

Would also love to see some new trance tuts. The existing ones are sounding quite dated now!!

this is a beautiful piece of music! the bass is so pumpin, its got such a nice progressive feel to it with an outstanding uplifting melody!

i think i speak for a lot of sonic academy users when i request another trance tutorial. c’mon guys please! :slight_smile:

Try to keep everything one Robens thread guys. One topic with 50+ pages has more effect than 5 different topics with 2-3 replies.

so whats your problem with making another request?

these forums are here for people using and paying for sonic academy.

if they want to request for a tutorial on a specific type of track, they will.

this site is the only one i can find that gives you tutorials on dance music that is professional… can anybody give me anymore sites? heard of dubspot bu thats bout it!

nah mate, i’m not sure about any other sites. from what i have noticed though, sonic academy seem to be the most professional and user friendly tutorial site.

just a shame all the trance tutorials on here are quite dated.

would love to see how this monster lead was made!

*more trance tutorials please :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

ADD YOUR POSTS TO THIS AND ROBENS TOPIC IF YOU WANT ANOTHER TRANCE TUTORIAL

EVERY LITTLE BIT OF CONTRIBUTION HELPS

ALSO

POST YOUR FAVOURITE TRANCE VIDS FROM YOUTUBE BELOW

*(find your track on youtube, click the “embled” button below, copy the link and past it to your post!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Just some suggestions - I agree with Jan guys… Making new threads asking the same thing is diluting the effectiveness. Which one does Phil look at?

Dont forget Its about Team Spirit - Not which thread is the “Official Thead”.

You should all agree on one thread to use… & get Jon to rename the biggest thread if you already have a fair bit of stuff in it.  Either way… you need Vids rather than basic replies with people going: “Come on the trance tut!! Cant wait - woo hoo”. Everyone needs to post favourites & get involved.

When you do decide Jan/Lads - Maybe get Jon to Lock all the other threads so that everone comes back to the correct one.

Another one !! Blehhh

[quote]ICN (10/12/2010)[hr]Just some suggestions - I agree with Jan guys… Making new threads asking the same thing is diluting the effectiveness. Which one does Phil look at?

Dont forget Its about Team Spirit - Not which thread is the “Official Thead”.

You should all agree on one thread to use… & get Jon to rename thebiggest thread if you already have a fair bit of stuff in it. Either way… you need Vids rather than basic replies with people going: “Come on the trance tut!! Cant wait - woo hoo”. Everyone needs to post favourites & get involved.

When you do decide Jan/Lads - Maybe get Jon to Lock all the other threads so that everone comes back to the correct one.[/quote]

nope he should read them all, there is only about 4, its not hard

Fire away so Lads… :cool:

you can get that lead through the access virus.

UPLIFTING CLASSIC

how much emotion is in this track!

any ideas where that lead came out?

• notice onova have had a release this week… Haven’t herd much of them for a while :slight_smile:

not your bog standard trance… but such a progressive and melodic vibe that sends me in another world.

GET A LOAD OF THIS!

this is what trance is all about man :slight_smile:

how be it it be a cross genre between progressive and trance… IS ANYBODY DIGGING MICHAEL CASSETTE AT THE MOMENT ! BOOM!

I WANNA PRODUCE LIKE THIS!

NOTHING BEATS ALL THESE 80’S SOUNDING SYNTHS TO CREATE MODERN MUSIC!

heres one of my favourite pieces of work from the group, with there remix of super8 + tabs - helsinki scorchin

PS. MICHEAEL CASSETTE CONSISTS OF THREE PEOPLE, TWO OF THEM FROM KOMYTEA, DOES ANYBODY KNOW THE THIRD PARTY?

PLAY IT LOUD ! X :slight_smile: