NI's Massive

Just got this, trying to wrap my head around it!

Nice synth, anyone know any good tut vids on it?

There is a 19min or so “quickstart tour” on the NI website. Have you checked that out?

This synth is really starting to grow on me its just a bit of a CPU sinkhole. Theres a few tutorials on youtube it seems on youtube this is the most covered synth lol. Also on the NI forums theres a section dedicated to their synths and you get some topics on their explaining how to create different sounds. Another interesting fact, the lead from Jochem Millers ‘lost connection’ was made on Massive i still have the patch somewhere ill have to try find it lol.

So many on youtube if you just type what your after. wobbles seem to be the main thing but you can do so much more with it

Check youtube and NI site and you’ll be well away

Lol Wayne I had just come on here to post this

[url]- YouTube

It’s a CM video (so the usual effing awful camera work) of SubFocus using Massive to create a bass. The LFO part is what had me smiling as LOT as it shows straight away how to get a sound moving around. Dunno how many synths you can do that with but it seems really quick and simple on Massive

Yeah man. YouTube is your friend on that one. Just type in the search.

meh, I just decided to buy the Adam Van Barker sound bank! lucky for me he was sitting at his computer and sent to right away :slight_smile:

I’ll learn later! lol

Reverse engineering patches is, imo, a great way to learn. The anti-preset brigade can do one.

I love deconstructing presets and working out which bits make each part of the sound.

Try this nice young man:

[url=http://www.massivesynth.com/]Massive Tutorials – ADSR

Free to sign up, regular tutorials for subscribers and a thoroughly decent chap.

It’s probably one of the more simple synths to use, it just looks complicated :slight_smile: really is the best routing on any synth

drag drop, drag drop, drag drop hahaha

The dubstep and DnB heads have been raping Massive like it’s a dirty little wh*re the past few years. It’s definitely their synth of choice.

That Rob was one of the reasons I picked it up. That and it’s a shoe in for Dub Techno. Those chords it produces are sublime.

I’m loving it!

got the 7 skies and adam van baker sound banks, £50 on sounds but saves be the time and I cant get right into it!

ALSO got Zebra and Z3ta! Getting stuck right in!!!

Massive is one of the most versatile soft synths made right now. It sounds amazing too.

[quote]howiegroove (21/12/2010)[hr]Massive is one of the most versatile soft synths made right now. It sounds amazing too.[/quote]

yeah I’m loving it!

http://www.youtube.com/user/FreshnessStudio1?feature=mhum

good tutorial here mate especially for the massive -),

this is my youtube channel,

check the playlists, especially the ‘sound reconstruction’ playlist not

forgetting the 'massive synth dub playlist & the massive synth soundtutor

playlsit…

enjoy

Lenners

Take it you got into it after watching the module 2 videos lol. It made me want to use it again anyways hah

Module 2 did it for me the amount of different waveforms it has is awesome. If you wana buy good trance soundsets check out Vengeance Sylenth soundbanks some really nice sounds in there.

I got a demo and the soundbanks dont seem to work, bah.

[quote]Roben (21/12/2010)[hr]Take it you got into it after watching the module 2 videos lol. It made me want to use it again anyways hah[/quote]

Must be missing what this is? Module 2? Whassat then?