Osama Bin Laden is Dead

Given the hostile nature of the enemy in this situation, the reaction should be sober.

It should be an opportunity to reflect on all of those who have died

&

to come up with new solutions which will end hostilities.

Difficult to do… but Wars like this (fighting Irregular Units) have never been won.

[quote]slender (03/05/2011)[hr][quote]jbachjr78 (03/05/2011)[hr]@ UV, don’t appologize for enjoying and having jubilation for this piece of sh!t that needed to be delt with. Nothing wrong with having national pride.

And Go Flyers!!![/quote]

Sure he was a piece of sh:t - which your country actually trained and armed him in the first place, similar to Saddam can’t see the National pride in that

And are we really living in a world where we celebrate death of even our enemies - seems we must have morally stepped back a few centuries[/quote]

I don’t want to get into a pissing match with you as I do respect you, but we are no different then your country. Britian has been in more wars then we could ever imagine. So are you saying that in all of your wars you did not created enemies from once thought of allies? I would be more than happy to go through your countries laundry list. It is easy to point out the flaws once history has already been written.

I believe it was not a few centuries ago that we were all celebrating Hitler’s demise as he also could have been stopped on many different occasions, but was left alone until all hell broke loose.

Yes, I will celebrate the death of a man who killed thousands of Americans and British alike along with countless others and who would have gone on to kill more if given the right opportunity. You don’t have to agree with it as it is my view and I don’t expect you to, but this is a great day for the not just the United States, but for the world.

The point is there is no reason or will for this so called war to be won - the US have put through The Security Act, built an illegal prison, tourtured, spent millions on bombs, arms (always good for a failing economy) and now seems to have the right to not only spy on its own citizens but other soverign states too - and the ironic thing is its in the name of freedom and democracy - BTW our country is just as bad just more covert - which is probably worse now i come to think about it

Well firstly who’s freedom and as for Democracy - tell that to the 100,00 of black people in Florida who were denied the vote due to clerical error which decided Bush too become president - or how come the west have been supporting countries in the middle east who have had dictataships for decades

I have nothing against patrotism or american people but what I do object to is hypocracy by our leaders and the people who own all the wealth

(amazing what I can come up while rendering a track :stuck_out_tongue: )

[quote]jbachjr78 (03/05/2011)[hr][quote]slender (03/05/2011)[hr][quote]jbachjr78 (03/05/2011)[hr]@ UV, don’t appologize for enjoying and having jubilation for this piece of sh!t that needed to be delt with. Nothing wrong with having national pride.

And Go Flyers!!![/quote]

Sure he was a piece of sh:t - which your country actually trained and armed him in the first place, similar to Saddam can’t see the National pride in that

And are we really living in a world where we celebrate death of even our enemies - seems we must have morally stepped back a few centuries[/quote]

I don’t want to get into a pissing match with you as I do respect you, but we are no different then your country. Britian has been in more wars then we could ever imagine. So are you saying that in all of your wars you did not created enemies from once thought of allies?I would be more than happy to go through your countries laundry list. It is easy to point out the flaws once history has already been written.

I believe it was not a few centuries ago that we were all celebrating Hitler’s demise as he also could have been stopped on many different occasions, but was left alone until all hell broke loose.

Yes, I will celebrate the death of a man who killed thousands of Americans and British alike along with countless others and who would have gone on to kill more if given the right opportunity. You don’t have to agree with it as it is my view and I don’t expect you to, but this is a great day for the not just the United States, but for the world.[/quote]

I don’t want to get in a row with you either as we all have differnt opinions - if we did not it be a boring place to live-

I am fully aware of what my country has done in the past and would be the first person here to condon them (notice I say them as those people do not represent me) I only have to go and visit my son and am made fully aware of what the English did too Wales, and I am sure the Irish here could also tell you in not so distant past what the English did - infact we were probably the o#most hated country in the world due to Imperialism, slave trade and raping countries of the world the list is endless

Comparing Osama to Hitler, well agree they were both evil to the upmost degree with the likes of Stalin and Moa - but Osama did not systematically kill millions, even if he wanted too - I think it would have been far more effective if they put Osama on trial and killed him by electric chair

I also don’t think his demise will make the world a safer place since his deputy was killed a few years back - Al Queada has been pretty much muted anyway - but this is the problem Al Queda is an idea with no structure - infact I could go out and bomb my chip shop and say it was in the name of Al queda and thats the scary thing - there will all ways be fanatics, maybe Muslim, Christian, Israeli or Palistinian, Left or Right or just plain nut job

The only time the world will become a better safer place is if we can start looking at all soverign states foriegn and internal policis and that being the people decideing nt some corupt leaders

Anyway had my say

And I had no intention of upsetting you mate if i did

Peace

[quote]slender (03/05/2011)[hr]The point is there is no reason or will for this so called war to be won - the US have put through The Security Act, built an illegal prison, tourtured, spent millions on bombs, arms (always good for a failing economy) and now seems to have the right to not only spy on its own citizens but other soverign states too - and the ironic thing is its in the name of freedom and democracy - BTW our country is just as bad just more covert - which is probably worse now i come to think about it

Well firstly who’s freedom and as for Democracy - tell that to the 100,00 of black people in Florida who were denied the vote due to clerical error which decided Bush too become president - or how come the west have been supporting countries in the middle east who have had dictataships for decades

I have nothing against patrotism or american people but what I do object to is hypocracy by our leaders and the people who own all the wealth

(amazing what I can come up while rendering a track :stuck_out_tongue: )[/quote]

Fair play.

I agree with most of what you said. Most of these things that you have listed where the agenda of a president that I did not vote for. This is a little off subject, but not too far off. The British also spent millions in war preparation as a fear of Germany’s building of warships after the second Industrial Revolution right before World War I which played a big part in the European depression. It’s funny how things repeat themselves. You would think we would have learned from that.

Those dictatorships are now starting to fall as seen in Lybia, and Egypt for example. These dictators constantly threaten and kill their own people. We are not talking about good people here. Yes, we (England and US) have our own agendas, but we also try to stabalize very hostile places around the world where people constantly live in fear.  Some wars I agree with and some I do not and would love to live in a world where diplomacy takes precidence over military action.

Now, I have to go and write my paper on how Imperialism played a major factor of WWI happenning for my Western Civilization class. It’s due Friday.:wink:

I enjoyed the conversation.

LOL

[hr]

LOL

That last video made me LOL

That was hilarious.

Nice.

I should point out that the translation is fake - like this

[hr]

lololololol

[quote]slender (09/05/2011)[hr]I should point out that the translation is fake - like this

[hr][/quote]

duuuhhhh rolls eyes in sarcasm

Well since your Special I feel the need to explain things too you :D:P

I think you clearly mis-judged the IQ of your general SA member mr paul :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]Roben (09/05/2011)[hr]I think you clearly mis-judged the IQ of your general SA member mr paul :P[/quote]

Nah :smiley:

Star Wars humour or how to spoof the Bin Laden killing with style.

[url]http://www.galacticempiretimes.com/2011/05/09/galaxy/outer-rim/obi-wan-kenobi-is-killed.html[/url]

Listen - He’s not dead. It was a fanny fart :slight_smile: