RE: What videos do you want to see?

would like to see some vids on using ableton with the decks. either using serato or just vinyl

I would like to see a video or discussion on how certain samples styles are created and good places to get samples.

One thing I notice with popular music is every “season” a certain type of sound emerges and is used in remixes etc. For example this last year it was a type of acid base sound made popular by DJ Benny Benassi.

-Stefan

Cool, it is a question we do tend to get asked quite a bit. I’m sure we can put something together.

i would like to see some scratch/turntable tutorials

we are currently working on a ‘turntablism for beginners’ tutorial as we speak

Hi everyone would like to see compression and eq tutorials , as this is a problem for me . and would like for my mixes to stop sounding so tinny.

they are next on our list as it happens. We’ll have a video masterclass in mastering and eq coming online very very soon!

they are next on our list as it happens. We'll have a video masterclass in mastering and eq coming online very very soon!

This is brilliant thank you . This site is gonna be really good for tutes .cant wait .thanx man:cool:

i’d like to see some freemasons, motto blanco type vids

really funky house type stuff

also some banging hardcore darren styles type vids

will there be any advanced video’s as everything seems to be steered towards beginners at the moment

i was meaning more along the lines of advanced dj-ing techniques with ableton, creating advanced effect racks in ableton, intergrating midi tracks into dj sets

having dj-ed with the programme for over a year and i think i have the basics nailed it’s just stuff to take things to the next level

i’m trying out Traktor Scratch for the first time tonight and have it hooked to to a VCI 100 to control all the onboard fx. It’s great fun so far, but Traktor takes a lot more getting used to than Serato.

some “advanced production tricks/techniques” with any of these software would be nice.

I just purchase a course to learn how to make a bassline using reason. I cant seem to get anything to work. when I click on the Mozilla start link it sends me to a screen that is telling me to push play I do and nothing happens any suggestions?

An intermediate and advanced course for bothe djing and production?

Turntablism?(scratching, juggling etc):smiley:

Thanks

Sean  :hehe:

Wayne please check your email. If you have any more problems drop us another email.

NI Massive

I would love a course that goes into Native Instraments Massive so we can understand about the synth and how each part of it works, maybe so we can work on design some custom patches

NI Kontakt 3

I own a copy on NI komplete 5 and KOre 2, probably the best things I have purchase along side Cubase 4 and my Virus TI, but im struggling to understand how to use the kontakt sampler and put it to good use, would be nice to have some videos on this and using mad effects to do wierd things like James Zabiela

Hi peeps,

I would like to see a tutorial showing how to use EQ & compression correctly. Also some info on signal routing & advanced production techniques. 

Cheers!:slight_smile:

im just finishing rendering a new bite sized set of tutorials on Daftpunk justicy type stuff lots of side chain compression normal compression and some eqing going on in it… also vocoding and advance routing using fx racks with beat repeat and loads of other stuff… :smiley:

will hopefully be up tomorrow in the insider video section for our subscribers.:hehe:

1 Like