RE: What videos do you want to see?

Would love to see some videos on Synthesis and how it works explained.

Please post any ideas for video tutorials or reviews you'd like to see on Sonicacademy.com

I'll start the ball rolling with some head to head reviews on :
Serato v Traktor Scratch v Torq
Which Midi controller should I buy?
Can you recommend a sound-card?

Hi, yeah I'd like to see some stuff on scales and chords please. Using inverted chords and choosing the right ones? The rules to doing this and all that.

Ā 

Also I have started to play around with Albino 3 and was just thinking, is it possible to do some getting start type vids on this plugin? That would also be good.

Ā 

Cheers.

Hi,

I have an idea for a tech tip video and is something I have wanted to see for a while.

I have read in a number or articles about sweeping frequencys with an EQ using a high Q to isolate and then remove troublesome frequencys. Now, its all good and well reading such articles but sometimes when you dont know what your suppose to be listening for it can be quite tricky. Such tutorials are best as videos because you can understand the concept whilst seeing and hearing the results.

thanks

g

My Wishlist

Arrangments of different genres

Sound like Dr Dre

Chords, Scales & Harmony

Programming Sylenth

would really like to see some cubase 5 tutorials

making the most of theĀ new features, variaudio, loopmash, groove agent

in the sort of depth ofĀ the ableton vids would be great

I would like to see:

1)an in-depth comparison between these high quality software reverbs:

ArtsAcoustic Reverb (great reverb which engine is build-in in Nexus, but itā€™s available also separately)

IK Multimedia CSR (has great reviews, havenā€™t heard it yet)

Rob Papenā€™s RP-Verb (new, sounds great)

Ableton Live Reverb (build-in, sound worsts, but maybe i just canā€™t use it well :slight_smile:

2) how to use really well the build-in Ableton Live build-in audio effects, but in depth, with tips and tricks, i mean i know what all effects do, but for example what is the best way to use a flanger, phaser, vinyl distorion, overdrive, etc., when to use the different delay types (grain, filter, simple, ping pong) how to best use the Redux, Saturator, Dynamic Tube etc.

Well, to sum it up, i know the basics, or more then basics, but the ā€œsomething extraā€ is missing in my knowledge to be more effective. I want the Advanced stuff :wink:

Thanks.

So what happened to this beginner tutorial?

Hi Guys,

One Tutorial Iā€™d like to see would be ā€œMaking your Kick & Bass work togetherā€

Part 1 - Ā Layering Kicks & Adding EQ & Compression to make them really powerful.

Part 2 - Creating a basic Bassline (in C)Ā & then cover the process of tuning the Kick to the Bass.

Part 3 - Eqā€™ing the Kick & the Bass so that they work together. Iā€™d like the Frequencies of both analysed & explained so that I know what to look out for in my tracks.

It would be great if we could also get the samples that would be used.

Cheers,

J

T

E

C

H

T

R

A

N

C

E

I would like to see everything from - House-Techno-Minimal-Tech-House-Electro-Progressive (Wich of some already exist) but my request is to have some FL STudio turtorials , because i donā€™t use Ableton or Reason or Cubase and i think many people use FL as well.

I really would like if you updated the features/producer profiles sectionsā€¦ Thereā€™s really nice (OLD) things there.

more house music pleseā€¦ and progressive :smiley:

some live performance tutorials would be coolā€¦ ive just been trying to get a live set together and ive no idea where to start and how to go about itā€¦ also so far my set mainly involves me triggering clips as ive yet to work out my system of effects.

dont know if this has already been covered but id like to see tutorialsĀ onĀ different methodsĀ of routing effects and plugins in a few of the dawā€™s as its still something that confusses me

Would also like to see an app for the iPhone

not another house / trance tut please (although i enjoyed tech-trance tut.)

ā€¦ make some breakbeat, drum and bass, or something slower (like Planet Flunk, Propellerheads, Leftfield)ā€¦ or some sounddesign

Similar to the Electro House in Cubase 5 tut which is based on the Ableton tutā€¦I would like to see something based on the Swedish Mafia tut but in Logic please.Ā  Making use of some of Logicā€™s internal effects and instruments.

would love to see something about the composing side, about chord strategies you know something different to what you learn if you take piano lessons. and vids about the big black hole reaktor or scripting in kontakt.

I was expecting to see more advanced videos. Not for beginners only. Also cubase Daw software is pretty common around the world. That would be great if I can watch more advanced cubase tutorial some hints and tricks etc. Also like sound design how to make own kick, own snare etc.

thanks

execute from serious sounds?