RE: What videos do you want to see?

[quote]execute (9/12/2009)[hr]I was expecting to see more advanced videos. Not for beginners only. Also cubase Daw software is pretty common around the world. That would be great if I can watch more advanced cubase tutorial some hints and tricks etc. Also like sound design how to make own kick, own snare etc.

thanks[/quote]

The Sonic Academy team is in the process of working on this. It has been addressed and you should stay tuned.

[quote]execute (9/12/2009)[hr]I was expecting to see more advanced videos. Not for beginners only. Also cubase Daw software is pretty common around the world. That would be great if I can watch more advanced cubase tutorial some hints and tricks etc. Also like sound design how to make own kick, own snare etc.

thanks[/quote]

The Sonic Academy team is in the process of working on this. It has been addressed and you should stay tuned.

yeah would be nice if you we could see how to make your own drum kit

(such as kick ,snare, etc ) in logic

First off I just joined and iā€™m really enjoying it so far!

I know this site is mainly dance music focussed but youā€™ll find thereā€™s LOADS of hiphop and pop producers looking for dance sounds. Look how well RedOne did with Lady Gagaā€™s new albumā€¦ thatā€™s a hot sound right now.

What iā€™d like to see is more tutorials covering the kind of synths used in modern pop and hiphop. A tutorial covering gated synths and euro sounds would fit the bill.

Songs like and Kelly Rowlands ā€œComebackā€ and Trey Songz ā€œWonder Womanā€ have interesting synths. Dizzee Rascals new album is full of great sounds.

It would also be good if your tutorials used concepts that can be used in any daw. So if the tutorial is in Ableton use techniques that Logic/Cubase users can apply and explain how they can do the same thing. That would solve the need to do the same tutorials over and over again. Letā€™s face it, most of the world isnā€™t using Ableton so techniques that transfer directly are important. What about one course full of DAW specific tricks and tips?

Also it would be nice if you explained what each setting does instead of just telling us what level to put it on. Why this ratio and not the other? That is one area Point Blank seem to have the upper hand (obviously not on price!).

Maybe the more advanced lessons could concentrate on specifics of each effect?

Like compressors and how to set them for different sounds/instruments and why. Or how to EQ each sound so it sits in the mix and creative delays etc.

Sorry for the long post, got carried away. Great job so far though!

One last thing!

Is Sylenth the defacto synth?

Would love to see videos on Uplifting trance in cubase 5, music like Sofie Sugar, Armin, Daniel Kandi, Sean Tyas etcā€¦

I know Point Blank offer one in logic 8, but its more so dedicated to logic 8 instruments and effects, we need a simlar one in cubase or any daw as long as it uses vst effects and instruments which everyone has access to.

Regards

Polcure

Hi

Iā€™m brand new to this but so far Iā€™m really enjoying watching the vids.

Iā€™m using Live 8 & Iā€™ve learnt loads already but it would be really cool to see a video demoā€™ing how to remix a tune.

Any tune really, remixed in to any genre.

My personal preference would be to see a pop/house tune (David Guetta/Calvin Harris etc) given a breakbeat remix but Iā€™d just like to see a vid of how the Sonic Academy guys would go about slicing up the originals, using accapellas etc.

Thanks

A Sounds Like ā€œEric Prydzā€ Video!Ā 

a Mid-chain compression video with tutorials and also using ableton vsts/plugins. and also other really popular mastering packs such as UAD and Waves.

a video explaining how to have groovy sound, good drums beat with lovelly percussion (bongo, congas and so on) especially like Sebastien Leger do in his new release (tech house)

I think some people mention it, but it canā€™t hurt to talk about it more :wink:

I like all the videos, but it would be really nice to go a step further into mixing stage. I mean, if you have a good ear you will probably figure out what Fedde or SHM used in their rhythm patterns or how many sinths etc, but to get ā€œthe soundā€ of someone I think secret is in mixing stage (eq, panning, compression, reverbsā€¦). Of course, I donā€™t want to copy someoneā€™s style, but it would be nice to see some basic things that producers from specific genre do.

Sounds like FELGUK

Funky, Deep and Soulful House Tutorial.

For example: How to sound like Joey Negro :hehe:

I would LOVE to see a video on how to make a victoria sponge. Man I love victoria sponge! :smiley:

hello i would like video tut about making hardcore or gabber musik.

Thanks !

[quote]mussi81 (12/10/2009)[hr]I would LOVE to see a video on how to make a victoria sponge. Man I love victoria sponge! :D[/quote]

hahaha

[quote]titibro (12/10/2009)[hr]hello i would like video tut about making hardcore or gabber musik.

Thanks ![/quote]

If by Gabba music you mean Victoria Sponge then I can hook you up brotha:

any ā€¦ but more often than 1x month

wow!! Ableton with Decks !! come on dude. lol

anyways . i have been Djing with Turtables for more than 10 years and i can tell u that any one can beat match nowadays.

Ableton isĀ  a very powerfull Dj toolĀ  an a sequencer. and beat matching is not the only way to play other peples music .

now looping tracks ,arranging ,chooping beats and use of samples of your Music in your Dj set . thats is something that u cant achieve with turntables . :hehe:

some music theory vids on the making the beat,bass,etc and why they are used if u did this for the genres of music you already cover would be great as i am finding it a struggle to get the basics.