Should i feel bad for using premade samples?

well i just recieved like a birthday gift a loopmasters sample pack . and i was browsing the folders of Drums and Drum loops that were really amazing  and very usefull . but when i started to listen the folder from the leads and Bass . i realized that many people used the same loops for bass and lead without editing  and  those tracks  became top tracks in the beatport charts

. i really dont care if they use premade loops but come on !!  at least chop the loop and make a different bass lines or maybe layer it down with different fx .  but not just drop it like that . SA showed us to make our music programming our sounds from scratch wich help us to became more originall producers than the rest out there .

but my conclusion after listening  loops that has been used in 3 different tracks ( with out editing the loop) .  i realized few things. using premade Drums samples or oe hit synth shots are fie. but its not ok to just drop a synth loop with out editing the loop.

IMO

why?

its all about artistic interpretations. i bet we could give 20 producers the same set of sounds and they would all come up with something different.

also it maybe that the sample creator has recreated the sounds from those top tracks :slight_smile:

It doesn’t matter, think of it like remixing or remix competitons, all these people get given the same parts but it’s what they add to it and what they do with the ones they were given that counts.

Use away, I just dont like to use them verbatim. I always alter the loops I use in some way or another.

[quote]howiegroove (08/04/2010)[hr]Use away, I just dont like to use them verbatim. I always alter the loops I use in some way or another.[/quote]

exactly howie. you get my point

. i dont mind using premade samples but at least edit or make it sound different , even do  you have remix samples that are ready you should try to edit it ,put effects , cutt in litle pieces and rebuild it back again . not just layig the loop sample . for me that is not art  . for me is just people being lazy

For me i hate using loops id much rather make my own  from scratch … way more fun :slight_smile:

[quote]howiegroove (08/04/2010)[hr]Use away, I just dont like to use them verbatim. I always alter the loops I use in some way or another.[/quote]

Bingo!

[quote]howiegroove (08/04/2010)[hr][quote]howiegroove (08/04/2010)[hr]Use away, I just dont like to use them verbatim. I always alter the loops I use in some way or another.[/quote]

Bingo![/quote]

Is that an out of body experience or what Howie? :smiley:

[quote]krome (08/04/2010)[hr][quote]howiegroove (08/04/2010)[hr][quote]howiegroove (08/04/2010)[hr]Use away, I just dont like to use them verbatim. I always alter the loops I use in some way or another.[/quote]

Bingo![/quote]

Is that an out of body experience or what Howie? :D[/quote]

how did you know? :wink:

[quote]howiegroove (08/04/2010)[hr][quote]krome (08/04/2010)[hr][quote]howiegroove (08/04/2010)[hr][quote]howiegroove (08/04/2010)[hr]Use away, I just dont like to use them verbatim. I always alter the loops I use in some way or another.[/quote]

Bingo![/quote]

how did you know? ;)[/quote]

I didn’t Howie but Krome knew he told me lol

[quote]egg2 (08/04/2010)[hr]For me i hate using loops id much rather make my own from scratch … way more fun :)[/quote]

sure is :slight_smile:

[quote]krome (08/04/2010)[hr][quote]howiegroove (08/04/2010)[hr][quote]krome (08/04/2010)[hr][quote]howiegroove (08/04/2010)[hr][quote]howiegroove (08/04/2010)[hr]Use away, I just dont like to use them verbatim. I always alter the loops I use in some way or another.[/quote]

Bingo![/quote]

how did you know? ;)[/quote]

I didn’t Howie but Krome knew he told me lol[/quote]

:slight_smile:

one shots are great,using loops is kind of tarded(if used in their natural state)and even if youre going to chop and tweak the hell out of it why use something off a loopmasters cd when you can just go back and lift something from something old and out of left field?(if youre looking to tweak some loops)

I have straight ripped off Loopmasters loops, however, I twist it up so bad that you would never know. Now… taking their drum loops and making it your drum loop for your song… Yeah… garbage!

[quote]bobby lupo (09/04/2010)[hr]one shots are great,using loops is kind of tarded(if used in their natural state)and even if youre going to chop and tweak the hell out of it why use something off a loopmasters cd when you can just go back and lift something from something old and out of left field?(if youre looking to tweak some loops)[/quote]

i got an old Vinyl collections but no Turtables anymore. i think i am going to buy a cheap one and start sampling my old Schranz Records , maybe i come up with a better  old school library  :D

from names that people will recognize,ive taken snippets(very small ones) from stevie wonder,frankie valley,barry manillow,hector lavoe,etc in the past(and of course chopped and tweaked unrecognizable).ive also used waves x-crackle and x-noise to grab noise and crackle off of really,really old records,im talking 1930’s-40s that i enjoyed the sound of just to help make some of my completely original,from scratch stuff sound sampled from old records.

[quote]bobby lupo (09/04/2010)[hr]from names that people will recognize,ive taken snippets(very small ones) from stevie wonder,frankie valley,barry manillow,hector lavoe,etc in the past(and of course chopped and tweaked unrecognizable).ive also used waves x-crackle and x-noise to grab noise and crackle off of really,really old records,im talking 1930’s-40s that i enjoyed the sound of just to help make some of my completely original,from scratch stuff sound sampled from old records.[/quote]

Hector Lavoe ? wow . i should have tought about sampling his records long time ago :D.great selection man .

[quote]alinenunez (09/04/2010)[hr][quote]bobby lupo (09/04/2010)[hr]from names that people will recognize,ive taken snippets(very small ones) from stevie wonder,frankie valley,barry manillow,hector lavoe,etc in the past(and of course chopped and tweaked unrecognizable).ive also used waves x-crackle and x-noise to grab noise and crackle off of really,really old records,im talking 1930’s-40s that i enjoyed the sound of just to help make some of my completely original,from scratch stuff sound sampled from old records.[/quote]

Hector Lavoe ? wow . i should have tought about sampling his records long time ago :D.great selection man .[/quote]

if you dig his stuff you need to check out the work he did with the fania records/fania allstars.theres plenty of great things waiting to be used from those old records…artists include Celia Cruz, Héctor Lavoe, Cheo Feliciano, Ismael Miranda, Justo Betancourt, Ismael Quintana, Pete “El Conde” Rodriguez, Bobby Cruz, Santos Colón, Bobby Valentín, Larry Harlow and Ray Barreto.

[quote]bobby lupo (10/04/2010)[hr][quote]alinenunez (09/04/2010)[hr][quote]bobby lupo (09/04/2010)[hr]from names that people will recognize,ive taken snippets(very small ones) from stevie wonder,frankie valley,barry manillow,hector lavoe,etc in the past(and of course chopped and tweaked unrecognizable).ive also used waves x-crackle and x-noise to grab noise and crackle off of really,really old records,im talking 1930’s-40s that i enjoyed the sound of just to help make some of my completely original,from scratch stuff sound sampled from old records.[/quote]

Hector Lavoe ? wow . i should have tought about sampling his records long time ago :D.great selection man .[/quote]

if you dig his stuff you need to check out the work he did with the fania records/fania allstars.theres plenty of great things waiting to be used from those old records…artists include Celia Cruz, Héctor Lavoe, Cheo Feliciano, Ismael Miranda, Justo Betancourt, Ismael Quintana, Pete “El Conde” Rodriguez, Bobby Cruz, Santos Colón, Bobby Valentín, Larry Harlow and Ray Barreto.[/quote]

that is some solid **** right there :slight_smile:

[quote]bobby lupo (10/04/2010)[hr][quote]alinenunez (09/04/2010)[hr][quote]bobby lupo (09/04/2010)[hr]from names that people will recognize,ive taken snippets(very small ones) from stevie wonder,frankie valley,barry manillow,hector lavoe,etc in the past(and of course chopped and tweaked unrecognizable).ive also used waves x-crackle and x-noise to grab noise and crackle off of really,really old records,im talking 1930’s-40s that i enjoyed the sound of just to help make some of my completely original,from scratch stuff sound sampled from old records.[/quote]

if you dig his stuff you need to check out the work he did with the fania records/fania allstars.theres plenty of great things waiting to be used from those old records…artists include Celia Cruz, Héctor Lavoe, Cheo Feliciano, Ismael Miranda, Justo Betancourt, Ismael Quintana, Pete “El Conde” Rodriguez, Bobby Cruz, Santos Colón, Bobby Valentín, Larry Harlow and Ray Barreto.[/quote]

that is some solid **** right there :slight_smile: