Sonic Academy On Youtube

Hey guys i was looking on youtube for some Dubstep tutorials and i happen to see that someone posted the whole HTSL Dubstep Course

Can it be removed?

yeah link me please

Absolute p*ss takes :angry:

[quote]phil johnston (27/07/2010)[hr]yeah link me please[/quote]

[url]- YouTube

CYBER POLICE! :smiley: there ya go

Deffo piss take. Probably worth contacting YouTube directly and proving them with proof that SA own the tutorial :slight_smile:

Yeah contact YT directly, they’ll remove all Sonic material

Not cool ! Report Report Report !

[quote]addy.hn (27/07/2010)[hr]Not cool ! Report Report Report ![/quote]

Phils working on it

slightly off topic, but noticed the other day that Loopmasters is selling a few of the HTSL tutorials via their website.

I’m presuming this is legit, and also wonder why they are in DL formats?

Still lots of videos to be taken out of you tube, esessions seems to be the uploader

WTF pisses me off 10,000 views

Do we get a free months subscription due to this… :wink:

To be fair I do know of a few sites where you can download the video’s for free!

[quote]boneidol (27/07/2010)[hr]To be fair I do know of a few sites where you can download the video’s for free![/quote]

This doesn’t look good so SA really… :frowning:

@HJ

Yeah… Discount Code in the Post! :wink: :slight_smile:

[quote]ICN (27/07/2010)[hr]@HJ

Yeah… Discount Code in the Post! :wink: :)[/quote]

lol im not joking either… point is, if i can get these videos elsewhere on the internet, then why am i subscribing to SA?

[quote]HOUSEJAK (27/07/2010)[hr][quote]ICN (27/07/2010)[hr]@HJ

lol im not joking either… point is, if i can get these videos elsewhere on the internet, then why am i subscribing to SA?[/quote]

because your subscription fee allows them to run this awesome website, and to carry on doing the tutorials and at a rate that we all benefit from.

It’s the same with paying for muisc, yeah you can download them for free, but if you want the artists toc arry on making music you want it’s prudent to help them out financially.

[quote]Aapie (27/07/2010)[hr][quote]HOUSEJAK (27/07/2010)[hr][quote]ICN (27/07/2010)[hr]@HJ

lol im not joking either… point is, if i can get these videos elsewhere on the internet, then why am i subscribing to SA?[/quote]

because your subscription fee allows them to run this awesome website, and tocarry on doing the tutorials and at a rate that we all benefit from.

It’s the same with paying for muisc, yeah you can download them for free, but if you want the artists toc arry on making music you want it’s prudent to help them out financially.[/quote]

Totally agree

[quote]Aapie (27/07/2010)[hr][quote]HOUSEJAK (27/07/2010)[hr][quote]ICN (27/07/2010)[hr]@HJ

because your subscription fee allows them to run this awesome website, and tocarry on doing the tutorials and at a rate that we all benefit from.

It’s the same with paying for muisc, yeah you can download them for free, but if you want the artists toc arry on making music you want it’s prudent to help them out financially.[/quote]

I agree, SA is an awesome website, the videos are fantastic and the community that has been built up is also great! Im not disputing the fact [i]BUT[/i] if i can get the videos elsewhere what keeps me paying for the subscription… what additional benefit do i get for being a subscriber?

I’m not going to get started on the whole “downloading music” topic but my view is, if its there, people will take it… You can’t blame people for taking music, videos, games or even applications… if they see an opportunity to benefit, they will and people will follow. Thats all im saying - regardless of wether its right or wrong.

[quote]HOUSEJAK (27/07/2010)[hr][quote]Aapie (27/07/2010)[hr][quote]HOUSEJAK (27/07/2010)[hr][quote]ICN (27/07/2010)[hr]@HJ

I agree, SA is an awesome website, the videos are fantastic and the community that has been built up is also great! Im not disputing the fact [i]BUT[/i] if i can get the videos elsewhere what keeps me paying for the subscription… what additional benefit do i get for being a subscriber?

I’m not going to get started on the whole “downloading music” topic but my view is, if its there, people will take it… You can’t blame people for taking music, videos, games or even applications… if they see an opportunity to benefit, they will and people will follow. Thats all im saying - regardless of wether its right or wrong.

[/quote]

yeah but it’s not a question for Sonic Academy, it’s a morale question for yourself as an individual.

If you are happy downloading it for free then no discount etc… is going to stop you doing that.

But that would be underestimating the level of support we get from them, the project files and samples we get, the frequency fo the tutorials, the extras such as the sylenth group buy and advice ont he forum and so on and so on… unless you’re getting all that from downloading the tutorial for free then it’s a false economy.

I understand not everyone has the money to buy a subscription etc… but I don’t think ti’s for SA to address these facts, they offer a product it’s up to us to gauge it’s worth to us personally.

And for me that means I’d rather pay the monthly fee and benefit from all the extras.

[quote]HOUSEJAK (27/07/2010)[hr][quote]Aapie (27/07/2010)[hr][quote]HOUSEJAK (27/07/2010)[hr][quote]ICN (27/07/2010)[hr]@HJ

[/quote]

Annual subscribers will be getting sample packs and discounts very shortly - which will be of additional benefit to subscribers.

but as with anything really in todays age - it can be illegally downloaded.

we can’t really put a stop to that, and its just something we have to deal with, - we hope that our users will continue to support us by purchasing subscriptions from us.

if everyone stopped buying from us we would have to shut up shop which would be of no benefit to anyone.

our focus is on the people who want to support us instead of trying to convert the people who never will - these people will always download illegal software and theres nothing we can do about it.

so i guess a big thank you to everyone here to supports us and enjoys what we do!