Sonic Remix Competition - PARTS / Info

Hey guys,

Ok so it looks like we won’t be using any of the Sonic producers parts so to get the ball rolling I’ve decided we should just go ahead with Jons suggestion of this MOS track:

http://www.mxp4.com/remixcontest/ministryofsound/theannual2010.html

The stems are pretty good and i’m sure you could take this in pretty much any direction.

Good luck all, remember you don’t have to be pro to do this, it’s all in the name of learning, creativity, practice and fun, so even if you’ve been producing for a week… still get involved :slight_smile:

Final submission closing date: Feb 28th

edit

Can everyone please email me your tune once it’s done. Then i’ll upload everything on the 1st march into one thread. That way everyones tune is online and available to listen too at the same time.

email: info@djroben.com

Cheers.

I better get cracking!!!

:slight_smile:

Just started myself too!

Nice1

I have a few projects to finish 1st then going to get on this:cool:

Just for my own reference really, who i know’s in:

Roben

Egg2

Jon Fisher

Chris17

Tommyt

mussi81

Inch lo

bouffont

frankiep

boneidol

robbiestyles

gatesy

12 of us so far, pretty cool.

Howiegroove, Raymondsar, Krome, Highfy, Wonk and everyone else i’ve missed, get involved!!!

Sorry, working on project as we speak. :ermm:

I can’t tell you how much I think the original of this song is absolutley appauling and at first I was going to say ‘I’m out’.

however, i’ve listened to the steps and they’re actually excellent when you rip out all that euro disco synth crap out of the mix.

Roll on the remix… all I have to do is find time for this now!

When’s the deadline?

The beauty of the remix really is that you can use as much or as little as you like.

Deadline Feb 28th.

I’d like to get everyones together before submission so that everyones track is uploaded at the same time for everyone else to hear, so can everyone please email me the tune once it’s done. Then i’ll upload everything on the 1st march into one thread.

aight, i’m in. Just put my email in for the stems. Time to get ableton out and get crazy!

Raymond

yeah the song is kinda fruity, i’ll see if i can fix that :slight_smile:

Hey guys I downloaded the stems but its not really happening for me.

I think its the bluesy thing i don’t like.

The vocals aint my bag either although the sax riff is pretty sweet.:cool:

I’ll still give it a try but its a long way from the melodic trance stuff I lean towards.

Looking forward to seeing what some of you guys come up with on this one.:smiley:

Sorry it’s not to everyones taste :frowning:

I did want something a little better for everyone but thought it would be best to go with what we’ve got just to get the ball rolling rather than hanging around.

In the working remix world it’s not uncommon for the remixer to dislike the original or parts.

At least with something you can always fish out even the smallest of parts that may be half useful to you. You’ll be amazed at what you can bring out of something that’s even seconds long.

I was working with just the AAA part for a while, but have added the odd bit of vocal in (although not sure which parts of that i’ll throw away yet.

I’ve mainly just been creating something on the same key but in a major key and with a more bouncy housey feel so far. Just my take on it.

Take the challange guys, as long as there is SOMETHING from the parts (albeit a second long) then it’s still a remix :slight_smile:

i myself have writers block, im not sure what direction im going to take this thing, one things for sure is that the vocal is going to be used minimally

Hey Roben its not your fault man.

As you say there’s always something to be found in the stems

Besides its a good exercise.

tommyt …yeah the vocals are probably going to get a wide birth by quite a few punters lol

Sorry guys I was expecting a little more from the stems (didn’t think it would be just a vocal loop and sax) I’m not sure I’m gonna be able to come up with much but I will have a go.

I know it’s to late but couldn’t we have remixed one of the tutorials??

why not just remix any track you like as its just for fun? we could all just remix any track we like and can find the stems to, so long as we can be given links to the original and your own remix then we can all still judge and comment on each others remixes, give hints and constructive criticism.

I do like the idea of us all working from the same stems. We would then see how different ideas came up from the original samples

[quote]mussi81 (1/17/2010)[hr]I do like the idea of us all working from the same stems. We would then see how different ideas came up from the original samples[/quote]

maybe if we all search then there is going to be something turn up thats more to peoples taste, to be fair i didn’t really take much notice of these stems when i first mentioned them and now i’ve take a listen i have noticed how un-inspiring the samples are.

maybe thats the challenge?

[quote]mussi81 (1/17/2010)[hr]I do like the idea of us all working from the same stems. We would then see how different ideas came up from the original samples[/quote]

Yeah that was the idea.

[quote]mussi81 (1/17/2010)[hr]I know it’s to late but couldn’t we have remixed one of the tutorials??

[/quote]

Would everyone like to do this instead??

Look if everyone would really like to change tunes then sure by all means, lets do it, after all this is supposed to be fun and a learning curve for everyone, any suggestions?