**Swedish House Mafian "ONE" Get that sound**

[quote]jon_fisher (16/08/2010)[hr]My Attempt at a remake, i would like to take it on further but my wife has promised to kill me if she has to hear this track again

A Mad House Wife Hiss (One) SHM remake by jon_fisher[/quote]

haha nice “one” ! :wink:

[quote]phil johnston (17/08/2010)[hr][quote]jon_fisher (16/08/2010)[hr]My Attempt at a remake, i would like to take it on further but my wife has promised to kill me if she has to hear this track again

haha nice “one” ! ;)[/quote]

was waiting for someone to spot that the name was a anagram of Swedish house mafia One but no one did :unsure:

I’m really really bad at anagrams lol.

Cleverly done though Jon!

I didnt spot that either.

Saw the name alright, but thought it was in reference to your Wife saving her Pin Money for a Hit on ya Jon.

Yeah that’s what I thought too, it’s because you were talking about your wife and how she was getting p*ssed at the tune, so I thought you named it in reference to her lol.

Anyways I can totally understand about the misses, my girl goes mad due to over listening of my music, it’s like the times when you’re playing one small loop over and over just because you’re tweeking / automating / etc, but for everyone else it’s chinese water torture cos they don’t realise you’re actually making changes lol.

Fcuk them Rob!

Dont Tweak. No Changes. No Variations. No Transitions. No Hipass’n. Nothing.

Just bang it out & deafen 'em! :smiley:

[quote]jon_fisher (17/08/2010)[hr][quote]phil johnston (17/08/2010)[hr][quote]jon_fisher (16/08/2010)[hr]My Attempt at a remake, i would like to take it on further but my wife has promised to kill me if she has to hear this track again

was waiting for someone to spot that the name was a anagram of Swedish house mafia One but no one did :unsure:[/quote]

It’s a proper tidy effort Jon, am in agreement with Rob and ICN, you should make it your own. What DAW did you make it in? Synths?

[quote]dannycueballtaylor (17/08/2010)[hr][quote]jon_fisher (17/08/2010)[hr][quote]phil johnston (17/08/2010)[hr][quote]jon_fisher (16/08/2010)[hr]My Attempt at a remake, i would like to take it on further but my wife has promised to kill me if she has to hear this track again

was waiting for someone to spot that the name was a anagram of Swedish house mafia One but no one did :unsure:[/quote]

It’s a proper tidy effort Jon, am in agreement with Rob and ICN, you should make it your own. What DAW did you make it in? Synths?[/quote]

Danny mate just take the midi parts phil provided and work out some sounds, you don’t have to make the sounds just flick through some presets and build the sounds up from there.

i also added pianos a second bass a pitched synth and some extra bits.

after that buy the track from beatport, drag it into your daw and work out the arrangement. i learned a **** load from this track.

Hi phil,

I just want to thank you cause your remake of one is awesome.

Actually, I’m wondering if it could be possible for you to explain how the SHM made the build up @ 2,21 minute :

- YouTube

PS : I’ve tried with snare roll and white noise but it’s no really closed to the original.

Thx for sharing your skills.

G.

this was my attempt

for some reason some of the sounds sound slightly out of sync on the youtube video i have no idea why youtube does this

[quote]kador (30/08/2010)[hr]Hi phil,

I just want to thank you cause your remake of one is awesome.

Actually, I’m wondering if it could be possible for you to explain how the SHM made the build up @ 2,21 minute :

- YouTube

PS : I’ve tried with snare roll and white noise but it’s no really closed to the original.

Thx for sharing your skills.

G.[/quote]

the snare roll is just a standard pattern with the clap build along side it and a pitched sweep sound

I think there’s something else like a layering between clap and tom maybe…

Very Nice!

Thanks for sharing the You Tube Jon - great help for me starting out in Ableton. By the sounds of it this would be a good project for me to learn and practice.

As a newbie to the site and a new member I am impressed how everyone shares and helps each other. Even I should be able to learn!

All the best

Gerry

[quote]Omega8870 (13/08/2010)[hr]None of the project files work for me.[/quote]

Im in the same boat. tried to load the project file but get an error saying that it was created in a newer version of Live and cannot be opened.

I’m running 8.1

Any advice?

[quote]J.HiZ (01/09/2010)[hr][quote]Omega8870 (13/08/2010)[hr]None of the project files work for me.[/quote]

Im in the same boat. tried to load the project file but get an error saying that it was created in a newer version of Live and cannot be opened.

I’m running 8.1

Any advice?[/quote]

so just update your Live! Ableton is now running at 8.1.5

[quote]basesol (30/08/2010)[hr]Very Nice!

Thanks for sharing the You Tube Jon - great help [/quote]

+1 :slight_smile:

Lenners