Synthwave Event Remix Contest / 94

You guys need to be more organised next time, two diferents places to upload the remix is not normal in any remix challenge. I saw many good remixes, some house/trance style that deserved at least de 3rd place. The purpose of a remix is to create something new, otherwise is just a remake. Another thing Timecop in his interview was not able to tell what is synthwave clearly, after that was really weird the guys on the live trying to impose whats is synthwave for the remixers.

There’s only 1 place to submit a track for the remix contest, that’s the submission link on the Remix Competition page. This is always the case for all S.A Remix Competitions.

I think there’s a confusion with the “Demo Doctor” submissions during the 1st live show here, that was something extra to provide some feedback on remixes, not a different way to submit an entry for the competition.[quote=“cyberdriver87, post:41, topic:36075”]
I saw many good remixes, some house/trance style that deserved at least de 3rd place. The purpose of a remix is to create something new, otherwise is just a remake.
[/quote]

Well, my own take on this would be that during a special full month event focusing specifically around the “synhtwave” genre, remixing in a different genre or flavor is probably less expected, even if the remixes are great and creative, it might simply not be the tracks that the judges and audience will turn to at first. Makes sense to me to stick with the thematic genre in such contest.[quote=“cyberdriver87, post:41, topic:36075”]
after that was really weird the guys on the live trying to impose whats is synthwave for the remixers.
[/quote]

To me, they were just trying to point out what are the typical elements in terms of sounds, song structure and arrangement and what’s usually working for this genre, expanding on the tutorials also covering “Synthwave” foundations and what defines the genre.

All in all, I would say that a good remix is not especially something completely different or super original or over-complicated, especially when there’s a specific thematic involved, chances are people are gonna expect something in the same genre.

Anyway, well done to everyone who submitted an entry and participated into the competition, uploading a remix and sharing your vision of the track with others is already a great achievement IMHO :sunglasses:

1 Like