Techno Remix Contest / 96

Techno Remix Contest

View Remix Competition

Taking our courses to the next level, here on Sonic you can now watch the track being made, download both the project and stems and then submit your own remix with the chance to win some great and exclusive prizes.

The How To Make Techno Remix Contest is exclusive, here on Sonic Academy and you could be in with a chance of winning some cool prizes and ultimately getting a release on the brand new Sonic Academy Record Label!
We know we have one of the best music-making communities anywhere, and the level of production skillz coming through the forums is truly amazing.
So, ourselves and Mac Vaughn are super excited to see what you guys can come up with - we know you can smash it. You can now download the stems from this awesome tune and start working your magic!
We have shown you how to make the tune, now it’s over to you to get creative, make an awesome remix of this track and show the world your production talent.

Go get started! We can’t wait to hear your submissions.

So what’s a contest without a prize eh? Well if your remix of his track is chosen by us, you can win a release on Sonic Academy Records!*
But that’s not all, you will also win a massive £500 + ANA 2 + KICK 2 + Techno Presets for ANA 2!

We will also have two amazing runner up prizes.
If you’ve created the second-best remix, you’ll win a £100 Sonic Sounds Store Voucher + ANA 2 + KICK 2 + Techno Presets for ANA 2
The third-place wins a ÂŁ50 Sonic Sounds Store Voucher

Related Course
Remember to check out the course - How To Make Techno with Mac Vaughn - for the full lowdown! Available to all Subscribers right now!

This competition is open to all subscribers!

Contest Ends 20/03/2023 - 23:59 PT

Could I get clarification on:

1. Cannot sample any other artist or any pre-existing works; tracks containing any samples or pre-existing works will not be considered.

I’m very happy with what I’m about to submit, but I’ve used items from Splice, and they’re pretty crucial to the track. Everything is paid-for, licensed and above-board. Are they permitted?

Yeah no worry, it’s OK to use Samples you’ve got a Single End User License Agreement for ( EULA ), so that’s the case with Samples from Splice or Loopcloud i.e

What this means is that you can’t resample an already existing track or get your sample from an existing release from other artists, but again, samples libraries you’ve got a Single User license for can be used with no problems.

Hope this helps ! Happy remix & good luck with your submission :sunglasses:

Don’t forget you can submit your remix for review and advice during the Live Show next Tuesday, even if it’s still a work in progress :wink:

Oh right nice, didn’t realise that!
Do I submit for the stream using the button here?

Like I submit it as if I’m going to actually submit it for real? But then I can replace it with the improved version later?

There’s 2 separate upload links actually :

• You can upload your track for demo feedback during the Live Show stream On this Page.

• But your Submission Entry for the Remix competition is done from the Remix Contest Page.

Also, make sure you’ve enrolled in the Techno Takeover event with your email address and check your Account Email Preferences in your account, you should have received an email about this :wink:

Screenshot 2023-03-10 at 09.21.18

Ah, I wasn’t enrolled specifically into the Takeover. I am now. Is there another way to get the link? Can you post it here?

I already posted it in my previous reply :wink:

Ah yeah I see, it’s the words On This Page, thanks.
FYI, links don’t show up as links on this forum page.
They look just like regular text, so it’s hard to spot them.

Have no issue here at my end ( see screenshot below )

What web browser are you using and are your using a theme for it maybe ?

OK, think I understand the issue you’re having.

You’re probably reading and posting from the “Comments” area of the website Remix Contest page.

If you scroll down the page and click on “Continue the discussion on the forums” you’ll see the full thread.

Screenshot 2023-03-10 at 16.04.29

Ah yes, that was exactly it, I was in the comments of the remix.
I’d maybe just have the comments tab link directly to this page, as it’s super confusing with links and stuff not working. I’ll use this from now on, thanks.

I’ve just submitted for the demos; but it wasn’t 100% clear if it had actually uploaded because it showed an error saying “You need to attach a file first”, but then ALSO a notification saying “Your mix has been submitted”, so I don’t know which is true. Are you able to see you have the file?

Not myself, but I asked Phil and he confirmed your track was correctly uploaded :+1:

1 Like

Hope everyone is working on their remixes to enter the competition :+1:

Feels scary not to see any entries in there yet :scream:

Reminder : Submissions close 8am, 21 Mar 2023 UTC this is next Tuesday ! :wink:

Don’t mess up with links, the only place to submit your entries is on the Remix Contest Page !!

Hi there @stefan30

Seems you’ve submitted your entry twice ( there’s 2 entries in there with your Username ).

You can only submit 1 track for the Remix Contest.

If you head back to the Remix Contest entries page, you can remove your entries from there using the “delete your entry” link and then upload it again : only 1 time please !! :wink:

Hope this helps !

Cheers and good luck :sunglasses:

:sunglasses: :sunglasses: Ah yeah, already some sick Remixes in there !! :black_heart: :boom:

Keep it up submitting peeps !! :black_heart: :sunglasses:

Submissions close 8am, Tuesday 21 Mar 2023 UTC

Gamer Videogame GIF by root-users

Don’t Miss !! :alarm_clock:

The Remix Contest winners announcement Live Show takes place this evening !!

Tuesday 21 March at 7:00 pm GMT on YouTube.

Will drop a link here later on today.

Good luck everyone and thanks for all submissions and participation !! :+1:

Some amazing entries in there !! :sparkles: :fire:

Here you go with the YT link for this evening Live show where the winners will be announced.

Don’t miss the clock this evening !! :alarm_clock: :alarm_clock:

Tuesday 21 March at 7:00 pm GMT

Looking forward to the announcement!

2 Likes

Looking forward , I have learned so much from that concise yet very informative tutorial, thanks to Mac Vaughn.

2 Likes

@Fliekens @Nelo

Yep Mac Vaughn’s course was dope and a gold mine for learning :sparkles:

See you there in 1 hour folks ! :+1: