Thank God It's All Over for SHM et al

Too many people making music who shouldn’t be, beatport flooded with blandness, the next wave will sort the men from the boys. Kids are not taking ketamine anymore, they can hear that it’s not proper music they are listening to finally, y’all are gonna need to stop the faking and get some REAL music down soon.

Dubstep is pop, SHM is pop, Electro House is pop.

A return to the underground is coming.

You wait and see :wink:

all these people making music they ‘think’ they are supposed to make, all these people making music trying to get money. Underground is coming only the strong will survive. The rest will go back to IT support.

[quote]lorddarthfader (22/02/2011)[hr]Too many people making music who shouldn’t be, beatport flooded with blandness, the next wave will sort the men from the boys. Kids are taking better ketamine, they can hear that it’s pop music they are listening to finally, y’all are gonna need to stop the faking and get some REAL music down soon.

Dubstep is PIMP, SHM is goth, Electro House is pop.

A return to the underground is coming.

You wait and see ;)[/quote]

Fixed it for ya!

I have to agree that a return to the underground is coming…

Music is music. Your view is relative. A specific genre that is popular doesn’t mean it sucks :confused:

Yeah… Expect that everone will start sounding like Adam Beyers Ignition Key Album in the next wave, isnt that right Scott,  LDF?

:slight_smile: :wink: :hehe::smiley:

bellwiff :stuck_out_tongue:

What’s up with all this anti Electro House, anti Dubstep rage?

[quote]TankedMetal (22/02/2011)[hr]Music is music. Your view is relative. A specific genre that is popular doesn’t mean it sucks :/[/quote]

seriously… gotta love the “I’m cool because I’m different” kids who purposefully go against the norm. I’m over it…

[quote]Flaxo (23/02/2011)[hr]

What’s up with all this anti Electro House, anti Dubstep rage?[/quote]

yeah I don’t get it either. But I am thinking that all the Electro & Dubstep fans should start posting in all the threads like this with the Hater’s Gonna Hate message.

:hehe:

Hahahahaha that one is brilliant

Lads… LDF is loving the reaction that he’s geting here… it was only a mess :slight_smile:

[quote]ICN (23/02/2011)[hr]Lads… LDF is loving the reaction that he’s geting here… it was only a mess :)[/quote]

Nah LDF is the second most serious person here,me being the 1st ofcourse

Ugh, totally! Yes, sub-genres get tired and move on and next year dubstep will go to bed so that, just like 2-step garage in 98/99 it can come back in 10 years as ‘Old Skool Dubstep’.

BUT that doesn’t mean they’re bad, just over-saturated. I’ve been into the happy, 80s instrumental synth-pop inspired electro sound since Vince DiCola’s tracks on the 1986 Transformers The Movie and it’s inspired my DJing ever since. Personally, I LOVE the fact that I can finally find NEW tracks with the same influence and play them in clubs where other people are getting it!

It’s unashamedly pop, and yes this does mean that if you’re a dance purist you’ll hate it because it’s not even a little serious. That means it’s not for the cokers, or the traditionalists, nor is it repetitive enough for E and speedfreaks! It’s for people like me - the ones who are the ones in IT support (well, digital marketing in my case), who watch Dave, don’t dress like the cast of Skins (FYI, not even the cast of Skins dress like the cast of Skins - FACT!) and aren’t constrained to thinking you have to only like things that are ‘underground’ (read: fairly poorly produced, not too much to be unlistenable, but enough to be un-sellable).

There’s few in music I hate more than those who can’t like anything successful. You’re cooler than me, I get it, but maybe - just maybe - it could be that some of these tracks are successful not because of a well tuned marketing and PR campaign, or the pretty ‘feat.’ vocalist 2 weeks fresh from the BRIT School, but because they’re just plain good tunes.

Saying that, I still maintain Black Eyed Peas are not, nor ever have been a band, but are actually a PR & Marketing agency and by that measure, are amazing. They see a trend in the market and create a product to fill that trend perfectly, publicise through all the appropriate channels and never fail to make a hit record, but that’s a different rant for a different thread.

I’m getting back to work now.

Really enjoyed reading your post.

On the other hand:

+1 for black eyed peas not being a band

if people are enjoying the music they make then whats wrong with that? LOL gotta love self proclaimed music connoisseurs…

[quote]krisroberts (24/02/2011)[hr]if people are enjoying the music they make then whats wrong with that? LOL gotta love self proclaimed music connoisseurs…[/quote]

like!

[quote]krisroberts (24/02/2011)[hr]if people are enjoying the music they make then whats wrong with that? LOL gotta love self proclaimed music connoisseurs…[/quote]

True, but if your good buddy though MacDonalds was the pinnacle of the Hamburger world, wouldn’t you want to educate hit to the delights of the awesome indie home made grill joint you know about tucked away in the back streets?

It’s not all snobbery, sometimes it’s just not knowing that something else is even available.

^ ^ ^ That is more in reference to people who listen to commercial music rather than those who make music

Brilliantly made point.

[quote]bangthedj (24/02/2011)[hr][quote]krisroberts (24/02/2011)[hr]if people are enjoying the music they make then whats wrong with that? LOL gotta love self proclaimed music connoisseurs…[/quote]

True, but if your good buddy though MacDonalds was the pinnacle of the Hamburger world, wouldn’t you want to educate hit to the delights of the awesome indie home made grill joint you know about tucked away in the back streets?

It’s not all snobbery, sometimes it’s just not knowing that something else is even available.[/quote]

I’ve wheeled this food analogy out so many times. It gets quite convoluted in its full glorious form!!