Traktor Pro2

Traktor Pro2 is out a day early, and thier servers wont let me in to buy it dammit.

AND Ableton saying they have something today. Traktor 2 bridge maybe?

[quote]

Hey Ableton community: watch this space and ableton.com today. There’s some surprises coming!

[/quote]

http://www.facebook.com/ableton#!/ableton/posts/10150092881982168

[quote]TheAnt (31/03/2011)[hr]AND Ableton saying they have something today. Traktor 2 bridge maybe?

[quote]

Hey Ableton community: watch this space and ableton.com today. There’s some surprises coming!

[/quote]

http://www.facebook.com/ableton#!/ableton/posts/10150092881982168[/quote]

Now that would be sweet

Wow - Looks seriously class :cool: :cool:  :cool:

What are the Ableton surprises?

I seen some Vids today for some M4L stuff from Hawtin & Alex Kid?!

Ableton - Buy Ableton Suite - Get M4L free OR

if you already own Ableton, sign up to newsletter to get 30% off M4L

It’s awesome! It looks pretty and colourful and the new effects are great!

[quote]seanl (31/03/2011)[hr]It’s awesome! It looks pretty and colourful and the new effects are great!
[/quote]

Downloading now…

got the demo last night, wow, really nice, sample decks are sweet and im lovin the GUI!

I’ve just looked into max4live for the first time (never taken much notice before)

It looks pretty awesome. Who here already uses it?

If you own suite is it free?

I have Max 4 Live, I got it earlier this year when it was on sale but I haven’t really got into it. In fact I have been avoiding it until I have some time to dive in.

It is free if you are buying Ableton Suite this month, if you already have Ableton it is on sale for 30% off.

Also this is from here and is spot on.

http://forums.sonicacademy.com/Topic43673-8-2.aspx#bm57944

[quote]howiegroove (29/03/2011)[hr]i would get it (and i have it). Let me tell you why.

I NEVER intend on making a synth or effect with M4L. However… Imagine spending a couple hundred bucks (or whatever it costs) on a piece of software that comes integrated into your DAW, which comes with some awesome plugins already created. I talked to the lead Ableton Certified Trainer for the US (Houston Singeltary), and he said the same thing, that he got M4L with the strict intention of using the other things that people make and post online to download for free. i think its a usefull tool dood.[/quote]

[quote]TheAnt (03/04/2011)[hr]Also this is from here and is spot on.

http://forums.sonicacademy.com/Topic43673-8-2.aspx#bm57944

[quote]howiegroove (29/03/2011)[hr]i would get it (and i have it). Let me tell you why.

I NEVER intend on making a synth or effect with M4L. However… Imagine spending a couple hundred bucks (or whatever it costs) on a piece of software that comes integrated into your DAW, which comes with some awesome plugins already created. I talked to the lead Ableton Certified Trainer for the US (Houston Singeltary), and he said the same thing, that he got M4L with the strict intention of using the other things that people make and post online to download for free. i think its a usefull tool dood.[/quote][/quote]

Agreed

Max for LIVE sounds the business but also sounds complicated which makes me think i would only use other users devices.

What sort of devices and effects would Max users recommend me to check out to make a non Max user get the program ?

I’m just downloading this now to have a play - I might actually consider getting an S4 for this.

Like I said, I have it but have avoided getting in depth with it. But it comes with about 60 instruments and effects before you even start looking at user content.

Just d/led ts2 now.

Impressed with the new wave view. That was the worst thing about trakor but now it’s great.

Not impressed with the x1 integration. In the vid you can see the guy using the x1 to trigger the sample deck. But that mapping is no where to be seen. So right now I have to drag an drop into the sample decks and trigger them with my mouse. Not cool. Pretty much means I wont ever use the sample decks, and I just bout a load of sample’s to use in it.

NI needs to release a mapping for this, very surprised there was not one on release.

Does anyone know how to make your own x1 mapping? Or know a good link that says how?

Can you not remap? Because if you can’t then it’s not even worth bothering using.

I know with my MIDI keyboard you can remap everything inside traktor pro 1.

[quote]onetwoseven (03/04/2011)[hr]Just d/led ts2 now.

Impressed with the new wave view. That was the worst thing about trakor but now it’s great.

Not impressed with the x1 integration. In the vid you can see the guy using the x1 to trigger the sample deck. But that mapping is no where to be seen. So right now I have to drag an drop into the sample decks and trigger them with my mouse. Not cool. Pretty much means I wont ever use the sample decks, and I just bout a load of sample’s to use in it.

NI needs to release a mapping for this, very surprised there was not one on release.[/quote]

It does come with a mapping for the X1 to use the sample decks but you lose the effects section which, for me, makes it pointless. I am working on my own mapping, but it is taking some time.

On pc the mapping is in document - NI - Traktor 2 - settings - default settings - controller - NI - x1 addon

There is also a PDF there.