What do you want from Sonic Academy?

Hey Phil,

Any chance of doing some “Get that sound” Tech Tips soon?

There’s a good few suggestions over in the Request section :cool:

[quote]ICN (02/03/2011)[hr]Hey Phil,

Any chance of doing some “Get that sound” Tech Tips soon?

There’s a good few suggestions over in the Request section :cool:[/quote]

I would like to see you teach something!

Go back to sleep Howie, you’ve woken up :P :smiley:

yeah +1 for more tech tips and get that sounds

[quote]ICN (02/03/2011)[hr]Go back to sleep Howie, you’ve woken up:P :D[/quote]

I wish…

after ive wrapped up the trance tut ill do a rake of get that sounds and tech tips

Appreciate it Phil - Thanks a lot Man! :smiley:

The main thing i want from Sonic Academy is Smart Phone compatability… Get it sorted wether for Apple OSX or Google Android it would just be awesome to watch everything on your phone.

[quote]jjdejong0 (03/03/2011)[hr]The main thing i want from Sonic Academy is Smart Phone compatability… Get it sorted wether for Apple OSX or Google Android it would just be awesome to watch everything on your phone.[/quote]

+1

most of the time im on sa im using my iphone

Really? I’ve never used SA on my smartphone… I mean, for me it’s important I hear what the tutor is doing on the tut, so I really need my monitors for that!

[quote]adam kenny (04/03/2011)[hr]Really? I’ve never used SA on my smartphone… I mean, for me it’s important I hear what the tutor is doing on the tut, so I really need my monitors for that![/quote]

I only use the forums on my iPhone

Nice one Phil.

Get that sound - CLR - DRUMCODE

Please !!!

[quote]cushdj (08/03/2011)[hr]Nice one Phil.

Please !!![/quote]

+1 but would refer a full tut :slight_smile:

I dont really think you need monitors for the tutorials… if your really bothered about sound on your phone just listen through your headphones…

[quote]cushdj (08/03/2011)[hr]Nice one Phil.

Please !!![/quote]

+2

In there with Mussi - More Tech Stuff. Raw & Atonal. Dark & Gritty.

Full tut and tech tips! :slight_smile: :wink: :cool:

Chris Lake

Marco Lys

Olav Basoski

Thankyou

To be fair we have had techno, we have had trance and you can sorta count the glitch step house as house. Mabey its time for some of the harder styles or something completely different like Drum n Bass?

Also Roben there is an In the studio with Olav Basoski on Youtube i think…

[quote]jjdejong0 (09/03/2011)[hr]To be fair we have had techno, we have had trance and you can sorta count the glitch step house as house. Mabey its time for some of the harder styles or something completely different like Drum n Bass?

Also Roben there is an In the studio with Olav Basoski on Youtube i think…[/quote]

That glitch thing is more electro to be honest, not House.

You should know by now that “In the Studio with” series are ok to watch but not very useful in regards to actual sound and production design and methods.

Yeah i guess but its still pretty nice to see these people work like i didnt know about Olav and just how much disco stuff he samples and uses, pretty cool…

Im liking The Olav Balovski idea… its a sound we haven’t really covered… either that or something totally off the wall like something downtempo and chilled out.

I was listening to Chem Bros star Guitar would like to figure their sound out too… the guitars on that track are also pretty awesome.

Keep the ideas coming… then ill do a wee poll