What do you want from Sonic Academy?

was also thinking something like florence and the machine… something with cool vocals and big beats… maybe a bit more popy production.

Both great suggestions actually Phil, would be interested in those.

Pop music?  :doze:

We’ve not done a good liquid d&b tutorial either.

[quote]ICN (10/03/2011)[hr]Pop music? :doze:[/quote]

Seriously?? I would rather some border community or soundscape shizzle and would prefer hardstyle donk **** over pop music.

But hey maybe my girlfriend would subscribe to a Bruno mars tut :confused:

Want cutting edge stuff… please no pop or downtempo  :pinch: :w00t: :frowning: :crying:

polka or get the F out!

i would like to see some nasty drun n bass, dj hype and andy c style :slight_smile:

please

I’m all for liquid dnb or paricularly chill out

florence and the machine stuff would defo be interesting, do something the remix of got the love. remember this is an edm site however so not pure pop or such like…

Why should it just be EDM though? It would be fantastic to see some live music production! Perhaps a band getting produced?

Would learn so much from that, even if you yourself arn’t particualarly going to produce a band in the future, the skills you could learn from it would be so valuable for example when you ever get a live session player in to record a part for your EDM work.

[quote]Roben (13/03/2011)[hr]Why should it just be EDM though? It would be fantastic to see some live music production! Perhaps a band getting produced?

Would learn so much from that, even if you yourself arn’t particualarly going to produce a band in the future, the skills you could learn from it would be so valuable for example when you ever get a live session player in to record a part for your EDM work.[/quote]

because edm it why we’re all here and what we all want to learn from the site. I for one would have no interest in watching band stuff but I do see your point. At the same time all that kinda stuff like a live session player could be intergrated into an edm track tut where we would learn a lot more as it would be suited to the subscribers needs.

Honestly, I’ve got a lot to learn from normal production still to think about adding live recording into my head space.

I imagine most people here will rarely, if ever, record live in that way so it’d be better to cover production skills/methods/sounds that will be more useful to a wider range of subscribers.

Actually FYI me and jpgetty2win are booked into a recording studio in Brighton on Saturday, recording parts for a commercial House project I’m doing.

So we’re both examples of how you NEVER KNOW when you may need to get into live recording, you can’t always relay on synths and plug ins, if you want to be a serious musician you should learn everything.

I dont really wanna see a band getting recorded, im more for the EDM…

There is already loads of EDM, there is no harm in touching on live recording aspects because sure you may never decide to get a live session player in ever in your music career, but i do and am and I’m a House producer.

There is plenty of tutorials on stuff i have no interest in, ie: glitch, dubstep, etc, but they’re there to cater for those that do want it and it also fills a gap that hasnt been covered on SA.

If you’re not interested in live recording then DONT WATCH IT, but i know there will be 100s of people out there that will be.

Theres a lot of edm but theres still a lot out there that hasnt been touched, also with the format of SA its pretty hard to make tutorials because with edm you can just,record the screen and talk over it, when recording a live band they are gonna have to go crazy with the cameras, theres sooooooooooo much stuff you have to do well outside of the computer before you can even go near the record button.

Fair enough having some tutorials like for example how to record a guitar etc is fine and not too hard to do but is anyone here really gonna record a band? Has anyone got the studio space plus all the extra gear you need which everything included will be a hell of alot of money…

I’ve been looking at some stuff recently about drum recording techniques / fx… on “band tracks” and its actually helped me with some sounds that I was trying to nail.

Most of what we try to do has its basis in these techniques… its made me want to find out more.

I’d be interested actually in that. Especially looking at the recording / mixing side of things, rather than the construction of a whole “pop” track.

Yeah ICN I guess I never thought of it like that and its a very valid point I just dont think they can do it with their current format, theres just soooooo many tedious fiddly bits that take up alot of,your time and its not even that educational as its just pluggin things in and out, doing sound checks, finding the best mic positions etc. If you really wanna know this stuff go read Tweakheadz guide he covers loads…

[quote]jjdejong0 (14/03/2011)[hr]Yeah ICN I guess I never thought of it like that and its a very valid point I just dont think they can do it with their current format, theres just soooooo many tedious fiddly bits that take up alot of,your time and its not even that educational as its just pluggin things in and out, doing sound checks, finding the best mic positions etc. If you really wanna know this stuff go read Tweakheadz guide he covers loads…[/quote]

Hopefully it’ll be condensed Jan! I’m a goldfish :hehe:

I’d like to see it from a POV of showing whats universal or mutually beneficial to Electronic Production… as much as that might be possible… without including EVERYTHING! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :smiley: :slight_smile: