What does everyone think of this new Deadmau5 song?

I’m sorry, but I was listening to this song on the way from the airport and I hear it. This has to be the absolute WORST song I have ever heard made by Joel.

I’m sorry.

The beginning is great. Then the vocals come in. The chick is a great vocalist. She has a great tone to her voice, but the lyrics to the song do NOT fit the song. My boy said it best… “when she says mi-sILE, I want to blow my head off!”. Then to top it all off, who does a 10 minute dubstep track? I don’t know about you, but I haven’t heard one either! To top all this off, his payoffs are stupid bad. He might want to consider making some better noises then to pick the ones up the Skrillex didn’t decide to use in his songs…

Thoughts?

Why are you sorry Howie? You are entitled to having an opinion, and this is a forum, where opinions are entitled to be wrote and shared.

Anyways I agree completely with everything you said, I actually heard this in September when I seen Deadmau5 play Cream at Amnesia in Ibiza, he was playing for about 4 hours or something like that and half way through he went all weird n **** and played this, I remember wondering what the f*ck was with the dubstep (not even realising this was one of his tracks till you’ve posted it), he then went on to playing more and more other odd stuff like what sounded like rock, etc.

It was that moment I got bored and decided to go into the other room.

I’m all for producers producing other sounds and styles, variation is good, and i’m not dissing this, it just wasn’t for me.

There has been a forum post about this one every forum i use (Dubstepforum, DOA, maybe IDM ) but yeah its getting old :Dyeah its not one of his best songs in my opinion and the Dubstep sections seem to be compiled portions of the Dub5tep thingy he had on hos soundcloud months ago which were his first attempts at dubstep

oh dear, this one sounds like he mashed up two half finished songs

“A ragga girl can sing about raising their weapon. A ragga dude can sing about raising his weapon. But a close mic’d indie chick singer has no bizness singing about raising her non existent weapon up over typical 8th note Deadmau5 autofiltered trance chords. Clearly, everyone was on heroin during the MIS-AISLE take, cause that ****s just stupid. But hey, the piano in the chord progressions before the song starts is pretty dope!”

-two guys in a studio making music

Bloody hell, what a racket! I actually thought it was a not bad, if incredibly predictable Deadmau5 tune at first, then it goes all grimey. Not my cuppa.

Ugghh i really do love some Good DS . but this track is really off . he should stick producing more Cheese Music heheeh

Tje problem with stuff like this, Skrillex and a million other things right now is that it is Dubstep for people that don’t like actual Dubstep.

So if you don’t like Dubstep, listen/make what you do like, and if you do like it, keep doing what you were doing!

Even Dutch Hardstyle has ‘Dubstyle’ Hard dance with dubstep beats… its getting on my t1tties.

It’s official he has run out of ideas,

Not long now before we are like “deadwho???”

Depending on the weather I might meet him on Wednesday… so any comments I’ll happily pass them on :cool:

[quote]bangthedj (03/12/2010)[hr]Depending on the weather I might meet him on Wednesday… so any comments I’ll happily pass them on :cool:[/quote]

Actually…

I would be seriously interested in knowing where he plans on taking his modular setup now. It looks absolutely amazing, and I am curious as to where he plans on going with hardware now.

Muchas

[quote]bubble sweetman (03/12/2010)[hr]It’s official he has run out of ideas,

Not long now before we are like “deadwho???”[/quote]

I’m personally still waiting for the epic mental breakdown he’s due

[quote]howiegroove (03/12/2010)[hr]

Actually…

I would be seriously interested in knowing where he plans on taking his modular setup now. It looks absolutely amazing, and I am curious as to where he plans on going with hardware now.

[/quote]

Well if I get close enough I’ll defo try and ask!

James he’s REALLY arrogent so don’t be surprised if he shuns you or says something rude when you try to talk to him.

My promoter / dj friend in Brighton got spoken too like sh*t when he tried to talk to him. :laugh:

Yeah, I can imagine. I am actually down there on a little project I am working on, doing some filming with Kim Fai, who is supporting him.

So I’m there just for that, but already I am wondering if I should keep it low profile, or try get him in some shots :stuck_out_tongue:

Ha I’m actually listening to Kim fai’s essential mix in work rite now

EXCELLENT I must add.

somebody was smoking 2 much rock listening to this thing.

almost all of the sounds used sound really bad together. the prog house chords are cool in the beginning. the chick has a good voice, but the whole build up takes wayyyyyyy 2 long. dubstep build ups are not like this. deadmau5 is too used to his 3 minute build ups in prog house for dubstep. the only song that I can think of that has a LONG build is the In For the Kill remix that skrillex did. but even that he takes the vocals and does like cool interesting things with them to the beat that makes it unique and awesome to listen to. and its not nearly as long. give it a listen.

I've been listening to a lot of dubstep lately. at first I when I heard some of it, I was kinda like, this **** sucks. my instant reaction to it was that it was really for people that were rolling their faces off and just wanted in ur face sounds. however I have learned that what I was listening to was just ****ty dubstep. now even though I've been listening to dubstep more often now, I still can't listen to it for 4 or 5 hours straight like I could a house or trance mix. Too many tracks are just out there. but it really comes down to sound selection. picking awesome synths/sounds are what makes dubstep. stuff that makes the beat keep going and going and going and constantly interesting.

i think joel might be trying 2 hard to be diverse. dubstep is really starting to pick up steam here in the USA. i believe this to be because it could be equated as being gangster music for white people. however there are TONS of people that reallllly don't like dubstep, because it doesn't trigger the emotions that trance or house does. dubstep just makes you go "WHAT THE ****???". it's like dinosaurs with lasers on their faces fighting megatron at the dentist through the speakers. it's an acquired taste. i think its cool that deadmau5 digs it too and is trying to support the genre...

BUT in the end. he must have been on crack thinking that this track was any good.

Classic!! :hehe: :cool:

yah that 1 was 4 u.

Such a brilliant description Man! Pure poetry :slight_smile: