What does everyone think of this new Deadmau5 song?

I love this tune, very beautiful, shouldn’t work but it does and really well produced.

yah that song is awesome jon.

This track by borgore is nuts. when the bass drops at 1:00 I can’t stop laughing.

he is a great producer.

and his lyrics kill me hahahahahaha

your totally right in every word lol

well there’s no way I could listen to that or dance to it i think. Not my kind of thing but

“cry bitch” whomp whomp whomp

made me smile

hate the arrangemnt its actually terribly repetitive when the dubstep comes in… but can help but love the progressive part… i saw this uploaded onto his sound cloud and although its typically progressive i think its amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub-6se6jy7c&feature=related

Just heard on Radio One that Benga & Skream are supporting Deadmau5 somewhere tonight in an Arena…

Fuccking Awful. WTF?!?!

They’re on the radio now talking about how Skream & Benga are going to have a monthly “In new DJ’s we trust” on R1. Talking about how they have never had to comprimise to get where they’ve got to.

There must have been one or two to go from playing filth in Croydon to playing in an Arena with Deadmau5.

For one, humouring DM - telling him his Mau5’step is wicked. Hopefully they dont believe their joke :wink:

At the Bournemouth gig I was lucky enough to be backstage and the whole enterprise is nothing like any other club/DJ thing I have ever seen.

I was with Kim Fai, who has supported DM in America before, and he said that on the first tour he barely saw DM, and it was only later that they got to know each other.

This thing was much more like a regular gig, starting at 7.30 and finishing at about 11.30. There were two massive coaches out back for the roadies and crew (well one for them, one for the Mau5 and his lady).

He remained backstage out of sight until the minute he came on, and was looked after by a large entourage, a manager, a tour manager, promoter and stage crew.

If anything I get the whole Deadmau5 thing a bit more now. He isn’t a DJ and doesn’t act like one, so I’m not surprised he is always trying to distance himself from that.

It was hard to get a good look, but his set up seemed interesting. Notably his performance kit seemed to go through a bunch of hardware processors in a rack inside his booth, which I am guessing is all about getting a beefy, arena sound. Again, more like a rock band.

It was impressive to say the least to see how ‘professional’ the whole deal is.

[quote]bangthedj (13/12/2010)[hr]At the Bournemouth gig I was lucky enough to be backstage and the whole enterprise is nothing like any other club/DJ thing I have ever seen.

I was with Kim Fai, who has supported DM in America before, and he said that on the first tour he barely saw DM, and it was only later that they got to know each other.

This thing was much more like a regular gig, starting at 7.30 and finishing at about 11.30. There were two massive coaches out back for the roadies and crew (well one for them, one for the Mau5 and his lady).

He remained backstage out of sight until the minute he came on, and was looked after by a large entourage, a manager, a tour manager, promoter and stage crew.

If anything I get the whole Deadmau5 thing a bit more now. He isn’t a DJ and doesn’t act like one, so I’m not surprised he is always trying to distance himself from that.

It was hard to get a good look, but his set up seemed interesting. Notably his performance kit seemed to go through a bunch of hardware processors in a rack inside his booth, which I am guessing is all about getting a beefy, arena sound. Again, more like a rock band.

It was impressive to say the least to see how ‘professional’ the whole deal is.[/quote]

Very interesting read dude.

Yeah it was interesting for sure.

Certainly gave me another perspective on the whole discussion.