What usb audio interface!?

HI ALL!

IVE JUST FOUND OUT AFTER A LOT OF FISHING AROUND THAT MY TASCAM US144 ONLY HAS 2 ANALOGUE OUTS! SO I CANT MONITOR WHEN DJING!

SUM1 HAS RECOMMENDED THE NOVATION NIO.

ANY1 ELSE HAVE ANY OTHER IDEAS?

P.S I DNT WANA SPEND 2 MUCH AS IV JUST GOT MYSELF A LOVELY APC40!!:smiley:

CHEERS

ANDY

[quote]andybez (6/11/2009)[hr] IV JUST GOT MYSELF A LOVELY APC40!!:smiley:

[/quote]

Did i mention I hate you now? lol :D:D:D

do you have any analog gear to plug into it??

thanx roben ha! i was v lucky had it on order 4 ages n found a shop in london that had 1left !

to john fischer at the mo ive got my monitors plugged in2 it and my korg kaossilator that goes in my line in L/R n an xlr mic.

cheers

andy

ok to be honest the only reason i asked was that if you had hardware synths then you really want a sound card with good AD converters, as you don’t i how i read it that you want if for production and djing then i recommend the M-audio firewire audiophile, i have one and they are great for digital dj setups its rock solid and has never failed me yet lol they are good for midi. the AD Converters are quite bad though so if your thinking of getting hardware synths down the line it maybe be better to look for something from MOTU or one of the other higher priced makers

[quote]jon_fisher (6/12/2009)[hr] M-audio firewire audiophile,[/quote]

I have one too, very good! Although mine is internal, not firewire.

CHEERS BOYS!!!:D:D:D

IS IT THE 410 ? £139?

TA

HI AGAIN!

IVE JUST BEEN WATCHIN SUM VIDS ON U TUBE N PEOPLE R SAYIN ITS A BAG OF FISH! THE VIDS WERE QUITE OLD THO 2007!

TA

ANDY

WILL YOU PLEASE TAKE OFF YOUR CAP LOCK!!!

So annoying.

i AM very FISHING sorry! NO I WONT:D:P:P:P:P:P

[quote]howiegroove (6/12/2009)[hr]WILL YOU PLEASE TAKE OFF YOUR CAP LOCK!!!

So annoying.[/quote]

WHAT ?

i kno yeah why bother? dont read my posts then idiot.:wink:

no need to call the guy and idiot, i know howard and i am sure that it was said tongue in cheek.

Just to get back to the original question, I’ve been using an Audio Kontrol 1 now for about two years or so, and it has been great. Very sturdy to carry about, reliable, simple interface, 2-in-4 out audio and a very nice MIDI control surface on the top that can be mapped to various parameters in your music program. That said, I know you said you were on a budget - you can pick them up on eBay for around £200 at the moment I think. Is that too much?

Just looking now, actually, I’ve seen this auction for one that finishes in the next couple of days. Click HERE to go to the page (at the time of writing, this was sitting at £41).

ok wateva. :slight_smile:

yeah ive seen the ni kontrol1 ill keep my eye out 4 it!

thanx again guys hopefully get 1 soon gunna try n sell my tascam on ebay!:cool:

FREE FM8, Massive or Absynth with Audio Kontrol 1 from dv 247!

looks pretty cool should i go 4 MASSIVE?

THANX

andy

Wow - that’s a bloody good deal! I’d definitely go for Massive any day of the week.

after downloading the demo of massive im gunna go 4 that i reckon! i have seen on ebay a guy selling the audio kontrol1, Audio Technica AT2020 Studio Condenser Mic and Audio Technica ATH-M20 Studio Headphones plus the free massive synth for £150!! all brand new onlt snag is its from usa reckon postage will be about £25!

but hey wat a bargain!!!:D:D:D

Nice one - let me know how you go on! Sounds like a great deal.

…Just had a look on eBay at the deal you mentioned. Be careful of the small print - the dealer says he won’t be held responsible for any import tax or duties, which sounds as though he/she might be reluctant to mark it as ‘gift’ (although of course you could always ask!). This could bump up your overall price quite a bit (I got lumped with this once and it significantly marked up the final price), so it might be worth double checking with the seller. :unsure: