Where do you get ideas and inspiration from

[quote]scott (19/07/2010)[hr]Yeah, hardware programmed. Samples from vinyl.Overdriven and distorted. Underproduced for effect. Everything now is expected to be squeeky clean and buff, even hard Techno.[/quote]

+1 Agreed!

I listen to some old ones now and again, some classic piano 90’s stuff and it sounds raw, full of feeling which is great! Perhaps it might be acceptable again if people made it so… come out with a big enough tune containing that feeling and im sure it would be accepted.

i definately dont think that listening to tracks and using simliar ideas is copying.

i read an interview on armin van buuren and the 1st thing he does when hes about to make a track is listen to loadsa records and decide what style and ideas he will then put into the track hes about to make.

especially if your in the early stages like me, its one of the only ways to make a track. wel at least anything half decent!!!

Well heres another Green Velvet tune

[hr]

I’ve got a little App that I made that lets me DL some inspiration whenever I need.

I’ll do a Tut later.

:hehe:

Sound of The Big Babou

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lccuwRxsgSA&feature=PlayList&p=B876BA2B1E6337C9&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=67

Maybe theres a tut for that?

tell u what, I alway get inspiration when I’ve been out from fri till sun, shame I can never remember it! lol