Who wants a polish?

Anyone got any unmastered wavs I can have a play with. Trying to get to grips with a bit of amateur home mastering and would be better if I played with someone else’s tracks rather than my own.

Send me a link so I can play!!! :):):):slight_smile:

[quote]gavisthename (02/08/2011)[hr]Anyone got any unmastered wavs I can have a play with. Trying to get to grips with a bit of amateur home mastering and would be better if I played with someone else’s tracks rather than my own.

Send me a link so I can play!!! :):):):)[/quote]

Don’t trust this man he is a thief - your tune will be on beatport before you know it :D:P:hehe::w00t:

[quote]slender (02/08/2011)[hr][quote]gavisthename (02/08/2011)[hr]Anyone got any unmastered wavs I can have a play with. Trying to get to grips with a bit of amateur home mastering and would be better if I played with someone else’s tracks rather than my own.

Don’t trust this man he is a thief - your tune will be on beatport before you know it :D:P:hehe::w00t:[/quote]

Yours wont, don’t wanna be a laughing stock! :D:P:hehe:

[quote]gavisthename (02/08/2011)[hr][quote]slender (02/08/2011)[hr][quote]gavisthename (02/08/2011)[hr]Anyone got any unmastered wavs I can have a play with. Trying to get to grips with a bit of amateur home mastering and would be better if I played with someone else’s tracks rather than my own.

Don’t trust this man he is a thief - your tune will be on beatport before you know it :D:P:hehe::w00t:[/quote]

Yours wont, don’t wanna be a laughing stock! :D:P:hehe:[/quote]

Fair point :slight_smile:

All seriousness Holmes, got any pre-masters I can have a play with? :slight_smile:

I can sort something for you later in the week Gav. Bit tied up at work right now. Thursday ok?

Actually doing some diy mastering myself for a promo pack - see if i can sort you out

Nice one boys! Looking forward to destroying your hard work! Teeheehee :smiley:

what you going to use big boy

[quote]slender (02/08/2011)[hr]what you going to use big boy[/quote]

Gonna get in the zone with Ozone! Having a bit more luck with it than the first time I played with! How you getting on with it Slend?

Its all a bit hit and miss tbh :smiley:

Tbh I think what gav is doing here is great, obviously I domt know how good or how loud he can get but I think its great practice for him when it comes to mastering cos its pretty bad to try and master a track that you yourself have spent x amount of time on.

Just a heads up tho gav you cant polish a turd and get ready to try and fix some of the worst mixdowns you have ever heard lol, nah im hoping that most people wont be sending u pure ****e, but you never know in internet land. I might take you up on your offer gav even though I am the mastering genius… I just like someone with fresh ears to have a go and see how it is…

Agreed great idea - my friend does most of my mastering for me too send too labels - I also send an unm,astered before anyone says anything

I usually master my own tracks for soundcloud - but its not really something I want to get too into if i am honest, more off a time factor than anything else

Nice work Gav.

I’m looking into Ozone as well.
Seems to be the big craze right now.

This is a little off topic, but what do you guys use for your mixing/pre mastering work i.e. eq’s, reverbs, comps. etc

I’m currently pricing things out right now.

[quote]jbachjr78 (02/08/2011)[hr]

This is a little off topic, but what do you guys use for your mixing/pre mastering work i.e. eq’s, reverbs, comps. etc

I’m currently pricing things out right now.[/quote]

Nosey parker :smiley:

Depends what I am working on - but always use FabfilterQ

HAHA,

You know me.

I really didn’t want to get into the whole mixing side of things, but I am quickly realizing that it’s waaaayyy more cost effective. I really hate it though. It’s bad enough having to listen to my tracks a hundred times while writing let alone another hundred for mixing.

Any opinions on the Waves gold pack? I’m looking for a bundle that has everything that I need. 

[quote]jbachjr78 (02/08/2011)[hr]HAHA,

You know me.

I really didn’t want to get into the whole mixing side of things, but I am quickly realizing that it’s waaaayyy more cost effective. I really hate it though. It’s bad enough having to listen to my tracks a hundred times while writing let alone another hundred for mixing.

Any opinions on theWaves gold pack? I’m looking for a bundle that has everything that I need.[/quote]

Buy the Mercury pack :P:D:hehe::w00t:

Jerk:P

[quote]gavisthename (02/08/2011)[hr]Anyone got any unmastered wavs I can have a play with. Trying to get to grips with a bit of amateur home mastering and would be better if I played with someone else’s tracks rather than my own.

I’ve got a turd for you! I’ll send some stuff over mate

Thanks guys! Looks like I’m gonna have lots of material to play with! This will help out a lot because my ears are probably getting numb to my own sounds by now! :smiley:

James I’m looking forward to receiving your turd … curl it up son, curl it up! :D:D

24bit/48Hz wavs with at least -6db would be great :):slight_smile: