Why does this always happen to me?

Ive been messing around recently with making dutch house remixes, mainly because I want stuff that I can play when im djing here in the dutch clubs. However, I recently booked a pretty cool trance gig so I thought id make a new trance track for the gig which is on the 15th of october.

Now with my house stuff I mean it was alright, people in the clubs liked it and some djs supported it but I just never feel confident to make an original track and get it signed. Its like making House music is slightly uncomfortable for me lol. But when im making trance its like everything falls into place, I get buzzes when stuff starts gelling together or I get some cool melodies and harmonies going. On the technical side of things I know what to do, what to compress and like by instinct I know what the stuff should be sounding like. I think it could be because im so used to it but ia it more than this? Is it cos whats in my blood, something I love the sound of myself?

The last trance track I made won a dutch radio competition and can be downloaded from the main dance mp3 site in Holland the track is called Inspire but just search Jan de Jong if you want proof or wanna hear it. I have real high hopes for this tune im working on now and cant way to test it out on the 15th!

[quote]jjdejong0 (07/09/2011)[hr]Ive been messing around recently with making dutch house remixes, mainly because I want stuff that I can play when im djing here in the dutch clubs. However, I recently booked a pretty cool trance gig so I thought id make a new trance track for the gig which is on the 15th of october.

Now with my house stuff I mean it was alright, people in the clubs liked it and some djs supported it but I just never feel confident to make an original track and get it signed. Its like making House music is slightly uncomfortable for me lol. But when im making trance its like everything falls into place, I get buzzes when stuff starts gelling together or I get some cool melodies and harmonies going. On the technical side of things I know what to do, what to compress and like by instinct I know what the stuff should be sounding like. I think it could be because im so used to it but ia it more than this? Is it cos whats in my blood, something I love the sound of myself?

The last trance track I made won a dutch radio competition and can be downloaded from the main dance mp3 site in Holland the track is called Inspire but just search Jan de Jong if you want proof or wanna hear it. I have real high hopes for this tune im working on now and cant way to test it out on the 15th![/quote]

So you used 258 words to say something you could have said in 6.

Please

Listen

To

My

Trance

Track

:hehe:

[quote]jjdejong0 (07/09/2011)[hr]Ive been messing around recently with making dutch house remixes, mainly because I want stuff that I can play when im djing here in the dutch clubs. However, I recently booked a pretty cool trance gig so I thought id make a new trance track for the gig which is on the 15th of october.

The last trance track I made won a dutch radio competition and can be downloaded from the main dance mp3 site in Holland the track is called Inspire but just search Jan de Jong if you want proof or wanna hear it. I have real high hopes for this tune im working on now and cant way to test it out on the 15th![/quote]

Cool mate. I look forward to it :slight_smile:

so what is always happening to you? I don’t get it

His head says trance but his balls say house.

Jan’s “been on the bong” de jong :hehe::cool:

Hey Wouter, whats dutch for “Silly Bastard”? :smiley:

Would be nice to call Jan by his real nickname :hehe:

[quote]ICN (07/09/2011)[hr]Hey Wouter, whats dutch for “Silly Bastard”? :smiley:

Would be nice to call Jan by his real nickname :hehe:[/quote]

Silly bastard :hehe:

LOL

Ban De Bong! :smiley:

No dom, I posted that track on here ages ago. But today on this forum people can be a bit doubtfull and you have to prove everything you write about.

The point I was trying to make or ask about is that theres like some styles that you seem to instinctivly know how to produce or is this ***** and once you know production you should be able to know any style.

Also dom thanx for counting the words in my first post, thats a few mins of your life wasted and you will unfortunately never get those minutes back.

[quote]ICN (07/09/2011)[hr]LOL

BanDe Bong! :D[/quote]

Hahahaha

[quote]dom_moulton (07/09/2011)[hr][quote]jjdejong0 (07/09/2011)[hr]Ive been messing around recently with making dutch house remixes, mainly because I want stuff that I can play when im djing here in the dutch clubs. However, I recently booked a pretty cool trance gig so I thought id make a new trance track for the gig which is on the 15th of october.

Please

Listen

To

My

Trance

Track

:hehe:[/quote]

buahahah . Dom you really have a beef with Jan? lol. I could read your posts all day for my amusement.

and to Jan . stick to the Music you love . and you dont have to proof **** to anyone. unless you do Techno hehehe

[quote]dom_moulton (07/09/2011)[hr][quote]jjdejong0 (07/09/2011)[hr]Ive been messing around recently with making dutch house remixes, mainly because I want stuff that I can play when im djing here in the dutch clubs. However, I recently booked a pretty cool trance gig so I thought id make a new trance track for the gig which is on the 15th of october.

Please

Listen

To

My

Trance

Track

:hehe:[/quote]

Thanks Dom as I was not that inclined to read it anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

Lol ill post up a clip later, you can guess which part is done with the help of narcotics.

what does the extra J in jjdejong stand for?

[quote]jjdejong0 (08/09/2011)[hr]Lol ill post up a clip later, you can guess which part is done with the help of narcotics.[/quote]

Just say no Jongy, seriously, drugs just make you insecure - those paragraphs at the beginning of the post show stark evidence of this. Stop taking drugs, stop making trance, grow some balls and then come back and see me. I’ll re-appraise the situation then. All the best with it my friend.

Lol talk to me after you have heard the clip. If your so against drugs you need to go set fire to all your fave classic records…

[quote]jjdejong0 (08/09/2011)[hr]Lol talk to me after you have heard the clip. If your so against drugs you need to go set fire to all your fave classic records…[/quote]

Can you make me a Council House record please? would love to hear you tackle that sound. :wink:

yay!! lol

Most techno was made under the influence of drugs in council houses…