Will we be getting the

Will we be getting the “How To Make Techno” video today or next friday?

With a bit of luck hope it's today:D

I wouldnt hold your breath.

[quote]howiegroove (19/03/2010)[hr]I wouldnt hold your breath.[/quote]

Yeah I may turn blue:P

But they did say march and videos on a friday:cool:

Pmsl

[quote]howiegroove (19/03/2010)[hr]I wouldnt hold your breath.[/quote]

lol

cant wait !! hopefully is not hard techno lol

I think they’ve only begun working on this about a weeks time. I know that it takes about another week to edit it to usefulness. Otherwise you would hear the tutors going on for hours working out the sounds. The videos make it look effortless guys, but its a TON of work. I’m with you though, eagerly awaiting!

Raymond

[quote]raymondsar (19/03/2010)[hr]I think they’ve only begun working on this about a weeks time. I know that it takes about another week to edit it to usefulness. Otherwise you would hear the tutors going on for hours working out the sounds. The videos make it look effortless guys, but its a TON of work. I’m with you though, eagerly awaiting!

Raymond[/quote]

They said that they had it ready to go last Friday but were waiting till Monday to release. On Monday, it wasn’t released. They said they are going to do Friday releases from here on out. But there hasn’t been a solid track record of management keeping thier word on release dates. Thats why its hard for me to be optimistic. We shall see though.

So when is it then SA?

No need to ask. They never respond anyway. Good thing I didnt hold my breath. I would have died (or passed out).

So what have we learned here???

Sonic Academy is never going to produce any tutorial videos when they say they do. Their track record is horrible. As it stands, if they would actually produce the videos that they said that they would in March, they would still need to release the following:

Beginners Guide To – Ableton Intro

How To Make Techno (which we might see in May)

How To Make Minimal Tech House (Logic Pro)

Get Into Music Production

That means that they have released a video once every 10 days. In my eyes, that is unacceptable, and not what anyone on this website has paid for.

Does anyone else agree with me?

[quote]howiegroove (20/03/2010)[hr]

That means that they have released a video once every 10 days. In my eyes, that is unacceptable, and not what anyone on this website has paid for.

Does anyone else agree with me?[/quote]

I think it depends Howie.

When I first joined the standard and depth of the videos tutorials was really good.

Back then SA were on a mission.

Take the ‘how to sound like trance’ for example.

It contained everything from beats to chords progressions and is still my favourite tutorial.

If SA released tutorials of that standard then I think 2 or 3 weeks between tutorials with a few tech tips in between would more than suffice.

Having said that we had a really dry period a while back where nothing happened for 3 months solid …I thought that was unacceptable and voiced my opinion about it as did others.

For me that was the start of SA’s fall from grace.

They sort of went all corperate and started concentrating on tarting up the web site but forgot the reason why people signed up in the first place.

More recently things have improved but I think it was a mistake for Chris to say he had his finger on the publish button for the forthcoming “How To Make Techno”

he implied the tutorial was ready to roll. Obviously not.

Phil didn’t help either by giving false hope about tutorials moving to Friday. That sounded so convincing even I believed it and I am the biggest sceptic around.:smiley:

So what we’ve learnt is there’s no point in announcing schedules that can’t be met and take any announcements with a pinch of salt.

As you say Howie their track record isn’t the best but it has improved slightly.

My only gripe is that they don't tell us whats going on, If the vids are [b]not[/b] ready by the day they say then let us know.

Gotta say that the music theory Tutorials were great imo,i struggle with that side of thing and this helped out a lot.

The Tribal Video had some great info in their but for me i found it very disappointing, was expecting sooo much more from it.

the 3 tech tips we have now about reverse reverb is a joke, this has the most tutorials available on the web and is possible the first thing anyone has learned about working with vocals. very weak imo

the thing that has really disappointed me is that lack of new material, we had a slow period a while back an to keep the peace we were told there would be much more content released more regularly with artist tutorials. when in fact all we have now is less detailed videos with a higher price tag

hi guys !

we have had 4 tech tips this month

dummy clips,

simple reverse reverb,

advanced reverse reverb (cubase / ableton)

to say these have no use jon is misleading, maybe to you they dont, but there are plenty of people out there that would like to know about these techniques.

Tribal is out there to, and im working on techno, i have been modifying the direction it has been going based on your feedback in the HTM techno forum post. my initial direction changed based on all your examples.

please dont forget that we are still in March.

we didnt put dates beside these courses, but we did put a month beside them!

Chris saying that he was ready to ‘push the button’ last week, was not for techno, but for Beginners Guide to Music Theory - Keys & Scales, which also has come out this month

[quote]bryan spence (20/03/2010)[hr]hi guys !

dummy clips,

simple reverse reverb,

to say these have no use jon is misleading, maybe to you they dont, but there are plenty of people out there that would like to know about these techniques.

Tribal is out there to, and im working on techno, i have been modifying the direction it has been going based on your feedback in the HTM techno forum post. my initial direction changed based on all your examples.

[/quote]

hey bry i never said they were no use.

[quote]jon_fisher (20/03/2010)[hr][quote]bryan spence (20/03/2010)[hr]hi guys !

dummy clips,

simple reverse reverb,

[/quote]

hey bry i never said they were no use.[/quote]

maybe i misinterpreted what you said, but you did say that they were a joke, when i think in fact they are very useful for those who need the info!

[quote]bryan spence (20/03/2010)[hr][quote]jon_fisher (20/03/2010)[hr][quote]bryan spence (20/03/2010)[hr]hi guys !

dummy clips,

simple reverse reverb,

[/quote]

maybe i misinterpreted what you said, but you did say that they were a joke, when i think in fact they are very useful for those who need the info!

[/quote]

what i mean is that it was a joke that we have 3 videos based around the same thing, when if i wanted to (i won’t) i could link maybe 30 or 40 video tutorials showing this exact thing.

i just didn’t think there was a need for 3 videos based around this same thing.

[quote]jon_fisher (20/03/2010)[hr][quote]bryan spence (20/03/2010)[hr][quote]jon_fisher (20/03/2010)[hr][quote]bryan spence (20/03/2010)[hr]hi guys !

dummy clips,

simple reverse reverb,

[/quote]

[/quote]

what i mean is that it was a joke that we have 3 videos based around the same thing, when if i wanted to (i won’t) i could link maybe 30 or 40 video tutorials showing this exact thing.

i just didn’t think there was a need for 3 videos based around this same thing.[/quote]

well one is a very simple reverse trick

the other is more advanced, and it is covered in 2 DAW’s

im sure there are videos out there that demonstrate this, but we dont want users to have to go somewhere else to find out info, our aim is to have it all here!

[quote]bryan spence (20/03/2010)[hr][quote]jon_fisher (20/03/2010)[hr][quote]bryan spence (20/03/2010)[hr][quote]jon_fisher (20/03/2010)[hr][quote]bryan spence (20/03/2010)[hr]hi guys !

dummy clips,

simple reverse reverb,

[/quote]

[/quote]

i just didn’t think there was a need for 3 videos based around this same thing.[/quote]

well one is a very simple reverse trick

the other is more advanced, and it is covered in 2 DAW’s

im sure there are videos out there that demonstrate this, but we dont want users to have to go somewhere else to find out info, our aim is to have it all here!

[/quote]

ok fair play dude, didn’t think of it like that.