Your Favorite Tracks

That last post I threw up gave me an idea.  I’m sure it’s been done on this site, but time to refresh.  I want to know your favorite 5 tracks that really inspired you to write/DJ.  I would also like to know your 1 or 2 favorite tracks due to a specific sound that just sent you bannanas.

For example (in no particular order):

Fav Tracks:

1) Sasha - Xpander

2) Billy Ray Martin - Honey (Deep Dish Hoojee Dub) - heard Digweed play this at Twilo and I was never the same after

3) Breeder - Tyrantanic - original mix

4) Junkie XL - Zerotonine (slacker mix)

5) Chemical Brothers - Enjoyed

Fav Sounds:

1) X-Press 2 - ACDC - The abrasive synth that starts at 2:24 and is REALLY in the forefront at 4:41 after the break.  Heard this at Twilo and I almost crapped my pants.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXMfwmQk-Wk

2) Morel - True (the faggot is you) - I’m sorry, but Deep Dish wrote the chuggyest groovy beats at one point.  That clicky vocal sample is just insane too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lVvss3xnlA&feature=related

these 3 tracks are what it was all about for me

<EMBED height=390 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=480 src=JOEY BELTRAM energy flash - YouTube allowfullscreen=“true” allowscriptaccess=“always”>

<EMBED height=390 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=480 src=Joey Beltram - Mentasm - YouTube allowscriptaccess=“always” allowfullscreen=“true”>

<EMBED height=390 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=480 src=Drax LTD II Amphetamine - YouTube allowfullscreen=“true” allowscriptaccess=“always”>

i know they are predictable and old but they cemented my love for techno back in the day (when i was a kid)

energy flash awesome bassline and minimal dark eerie vibe to the track

mentasm that “what the” preset running through the track sounded like nothing else

Amphetamine wicked synth line

i don't listen to music! pfffft!

sike!

these tracks do it for me...

Haha…this is totally going to show my age:

1. Duran Duran - Tel Aviv

2. Kraftwerk - Robots

3. The Beatles - Tomorrow Never Knows

4. Plastikman - Pakard

5. Lo Fidelity Allstars - Battleflag

Jamie

Tough game this one. Here are mine:

<EMBED height=390 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=480 src=- YouTube allowscriptaccess=“always” allowfullscreen=“true”>

<EMBED height=390 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=480 src=booka shade - in white rooms - YouTube allowfullscreen=“true” allowscriptaccess=“always”>

<EMBED height=390 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=480 src=Seelenluft - Manila (official Video) - YouTube allowscriptaccess=“always” allowfullscreen=“true”>

<EMBED height=390 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=480 src=- YouTube allowfullscreen=“true” allowscriptaccess=“always”>

<EMBED height=390 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=480 src=- YouTube allowscriptaccess=“always” allowfullscreen=“true”>

Wow I was thinking about this last night I came to a list of 30+ tunes - so I thought I would just post songs from pre EDM (sic) which blew me away when I first heard and in someways influences me now

[hr]

Funkadelic - One Nation Under the Groove by kitano78

[hr]

[hr]

[hr]

[hr]

[hr]

Or any thing from their first album

[hr]

[hr]

[hr]

Not even included some of the more leftfield stuff but that will do for now :slight_smile:

I love Talk Talk! I almost applauded when I saw them added here. Hahah!

J

@slender: I have five albums from your choices. I have to say I would count Bauhaus as fairly left field. Bela Lugosi is dead is ripe for sampling!

I love loads of types of music but the ones that have inspired me to start creating my own are:

Specifically this moment. Which, for me, was a “what the f@ck is she using?”

Anything from this album really. When I can get my sounds like Trentemoller I’ll be a very happy man

Again, these guys have a sound that melts me

Bop, for making me love DnB again, and for creating such lush chords and pads and because I love my dogs too

This for the fact that it f@cking rocks AND it’s a combination of two producers/groups who I adore. In fact, I could probably fill a list with tracks just by these two.

These guys, in fact looking back on this list there’s a def textural theme there.

Their “Snowboarding in Argentina” album is called that as that’s what they said they’d do when they got rich and famous. That’s a nice dream to have, right?

Mr fingers can you feel it

Mr Fingers - Can You Feel It - YouTube

DJUM DJUM difference

- YouTube

Nomad Devotion

Nomad - Devotion - (1991) - YouTube

The KLF Justified & Ancient

- YouTube

to name but a few… . :smiley:

yes also ‘tomorrow never knows’ of course -)

[quote]TheAnt (21/04/2011)[hr]@slender: I have five albums from your choices. I have to say I would count Bauhaus as fairly left field. Bela Lugosi is dead is ripe for sampling![/quote]

Well I was a bit weary about Bela - did not want people thinking I was a goth or anything :wink:

Now I am trying to work out which albums you have :stuck_out_tongue:

Being highly original, I thought I would follow slender take 5 non Techno tracks first:

Joy Division:Transmission

[hr]

Killing Joke: Turn to Red

[hr]

Public Image Ltd : Death Disco/ Swan Lake

[hr]

Godflesh:Mantra

[hr]

Swans: The Sound

[hr]

Really difficult to list, with some 30 odd years of great music…and my top 5 would be different next week!

Nine Inch Nails - Something I can never have (still) - YouTube

The guy is a firkin genius !!

Ahh used to love seeing Killing Joke down at the Lyceum

Oh I have already changed my mind I did not include

[hr]

One of the most perfect pop bands

[hr]

[hr]

[hr]

A few tracks that touched in special places :wink:

[quote]egg2 (21/04/2011)[hr]Nine Inch Nails - Something I can never have (still) - YouTube

The guy is a firkin genius !![/quote]

Plus one and two :wink:

[hr]

[hr]

[hr]

[hr]

[hr]

[hr]

+100 for the FSOL- a great unit back in the day

As for Techno-Its (almost) dark all the way…

Substance & Vainqueur: Emerge (Edit)

[hr]

Autechre-Clipper

[hr]

Monolake: Plumbicon (Live In Osaka)

[hr]

Deepchord Presents Echospace - Celestialis

[hr]

Caustic Window - The Garden Of Linmiri

[hr]

Caustic Window: On a Romance Trip

[hr]

Polygon Window: Quoth

[hr]

Speedy J -Pannik (remix)

[hr]

Jeff Mills - Basic Human Design

[hr]

Basic Channel: Radiance I

[hr]

There you have it my top 5 tracks…

So glad Iso is here :slight_smile:

@ Subject 1

+100 for both the BoC and Aphex Tracks!!!